• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thoughts on the Angels?

Torridd

So I remember during Shohei's first start as a pitcher last year against the White Sox he was struggling in the first inning, and I saw a ton of "maybe we should just use him as a hitter" hot takes....

Sooo yeah, I'm not going to judge the season based on the first game. Adell will figure it out, the offense will figure it out, Austin Miller's head will continue to be abnormally large compared to his body.

3 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

So I remember during Shohei's first start as a pitcher last year against the White Sox he was struggling in the first inning, and I saw a ton of "maybe we should just use him as a hitter" hot takes....

People were still saying that last year.

48 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Adell is not a DH. Altuve has nothing to prove Adell does and I think he will. Adell not in lineup tonight is young and could be sent down. When Ward comes back Adell will platoon with Marsh. 

Wow. You really are in left field, my dude.

What do you call a guy who can hit (probably) and not field? A DH. He may never adjust to MLB pitching, but he's more likely to improve there than become a competent fielder.

Adell isn't in the lineup tonight because Maddon scheduled it as a day off to get Rojas in. Quit with the conspiracy theories. 

2 hours ago, John Taylor said:

Sooo yeah, I'm not going to judge the season based on the first game. Adell will figure it out, the offense will figure it out, Austin Miller's head will continue to be abnormally large compared to his body.

Yeah but Adellol has been making these boneheaded mistakes since he joined the bigs

2 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

What do you call a guy who can hit (probably) and not field? A DH. He may never adjust to MLB pitching, but he's more likely to improve there than become a competent fielder.

Adell isn't in the lineup tonight because Maddon scheduled it as a day off to get Rojas in. Quit with the conspiracy theories. 

Adell will be fine as a OF. He showed major improvement in OF last year. He had a bad game, and he is very young. 

2 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

Since we do not need a DH better trade him now since he cannot field

I’m encouraged by the rotation. They held their own against a tough Houston team…Detmers is going to have growing pains. Syndergaard was good, but he was more efficient and effective than dominant, which isn’t bad, but tempering my expectations. I think he’ll be more like a #3 if he can’t top 95 or rack up significant strikeouts. 

The bullpen obviously looked like shit, but they will be better than that, and we were 1) limited by SP having a strict pitch limit and 2) Maddon wanting to avoid relievers being used back-to-back days this early. Also, again, the Astros are good!

Hard for the Halos to win with Ohtani, Trout, and Rendon absent at the plate.

Adell, Marsh, Detmers…give them time. They’re young. They came along nicely last year once they got settled. If you’ve watched Adell the last couple of years, it should be no surprise he’d be overly-amped and putting too much pressure to be the man of the moment on an Opening Day series against the defending AL champs after you just made the roster following the DFA of an established MLB vet.

Rojas is better than he gets credit for. I think he breaks out this year. Fletcher is worrying me offensively. I think having him as “SS” might work since that position almost doesn’t matter given shifting these days. Tyler Wade is going to get way too much playing time. Jared Walsh might be my second favorite Angel after Ohtani. 

Had that Rendon blast hit the foul pole and Wade been ruled safe, who knows how those two games could have played out. Angels could have gone 3-1 just as easily as they did 1-3. 

5 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Pitching this weekend Ohtani A  Thor  A  Detmers  C-  too many pitches  Suarez  C-  Good start until walking 2 in 5th cannot walk number 9 hitter twice.  Bullpen D+   great Saturday horrible Friday shakey Thursday and Sunday. SLC shuttle for bullpen will start soon.

Reasonable grades for the Houston series. This doesn’t mean that the pen is absolute garbage as the team just looked flat coming out of spring. Let’s see how the next few series go

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Reasonable grades for the Houston series. This doesn’t mean that the pen is absolute garbage as the team just looked flat coming out of spring. Let’s see how the next few series go

I worry about Mayers, Herget, Barria and actually Detmers and Suarez young and learning, Offense gets a D- for weekend