• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 MLB Season Thread

i think his angels years have caused some of you to forget just how darn good pujols was in st. louis. 

is he juicing? meh, maybe, maybe not. depends on how important a rare and nice round number is to him. 

i think it's also worth mentioning that albert was like a warrior god in st. louis. the fans there STILL love him with passion, and this is just as big a deal to them as it likely is for him. i hope he gets to 700 with room to spare.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

i think his angels years have caused some of you to forget just how darn good pujols was in st. louis. 

is he juicing? meh, maybe, maybe not. depends on how important a rare and nice round number is to him. 

i think it's also worth mentioning that albert was like a warrior god in st. louis. the fans there STILL love him with passion, and this is just as big a deal to them as it likely is for him. i hope he gets to 700 with room to spare.

I was wondering same thing about juicing. Does MLB even test him and if he tested positive would they let it go.

Angels 7 losing seasons in a row
3:11
Is there a bigger disappointment in baseball?

Steve Adams
3:11
Not to pick on the Halos, but I'm hard-pressed to think of a better answer than this; seven losing seasons and no playoff appearances with Trout/Ohtani on the roster is just.... incredible.

Twins losing in Playoffs
3:13
I'd argue the Twins losing 18 playoff games in a row is a bigger disappointment.  Angels winning the WS was right around the time of the last Twins win

Steve Adams
3:13
This is also valid. As a Minnesota resident, I should've been on top of that.

Brewers Pitching & Payroll
3:15
Do you see the Brewers paying to keep all that pitching, or will they need to make a trade?  Woodruff to Angels for Detmers and Adell?

Steve Adams
3:18
I don't know that pitching is even the Angels' main need anymore (and will have something on the site on that topic within the hour). Reid Detmers has been so, so good since midseason, when he upped his breaking ball usage considerably (slider, specifically).

It'd be hard to say no to two years of Woodruff, but I'm pretty bullish on Detmers. Angels need to improve their lineup at nearly every non-Trout/Ohtani spot at this point. Ohtani/Sandoval/Detmers/Suarez is a nice 1-4.