• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chance for Stefanic to make the team?

Torridd

Very unlikely. They'll probably go with 4 middle infielders, with Fletcher, Duffy, and Wade all but locks. Stefanic's main competition are Mayfield, Rengifo and Velazquez, and I think he's behind all three, at least in terms of wanting him to get regular playing time. My guess is that the Angels would rather Stefanic strengthen his defensive skills in AAA getting regular time than being a utility player. 

Edited by Angelsjunky

the angels are weird about stefanic. if there had been a rule 5 draft, then he was likely gone. his hitting is so good that i don't really understand why they're not more interested in seeing what he can do at the mlb level or at the very least protecting him from being snatched away. it's like they're not even interested in him as a prospect. i think he stands a good chance of being the best of the mif bunch.

He's had the same swing for a while now. Short to the ball, lots of contact. He's hitting the ball a lot harder now than he was at Inland Empire. More line drives than grounders too. 

He reminds me of that kid everyone remembers from little league. Six inches shorter than everyone else but the best player on the team. Eats, sleeps and lives baseball, even to the point where he gets annoyed by the other kids that don't. 

Edited by Second Base

They can afford to take a little more time developing him now that they managed to avoid losing him in the draft and brought in a couple guys to fill out the depth in the meantime. No need to rush. If midseason hits and the middle infield is a mess offensively - and we need some overall help offensively - he’ll get a shot.

Edited by totdprods

He was an unstaffed FA who had to beg for work, and he’s moved very quickly through the system.

The Angels dodged a bullet with the R5 being cancelled. They can park him at AAA this year and let him get much, much-needed reps in defensively, and add him to the 40 sometime this season or going into next winter when some of the other MIF depth eventually gets trimmed. 

Develop him and all will work out. No need to rush now.

Stefanic will get his chance at some point this season.

Either after injuries or after they cycle through the waiver claim/milb free agent veterans.

I think he's basically a right-handed Jose Rojas. He'll probably struggle to acclimate offensively in the majors this season but could produce offensively in the seasons to come.