• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Freddie Freeman

Dodgers?

(Didnt see a thread for this yet)

We couldnt afford him. (Too much money to other guys, plus Ohtanis pending deal). And we need pitching more than anything.

But I almost thought we'd get him if he left Atl. Hes an Angel fan, and I know (at least a few years back) he wanted to come here. 

Would have been a fun signing.

9 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Dodgers?

(Didnt see a thread for this yet)

We couldnt afford him. (Too much money to other guys, plus Ohtanis pending deal). And we need pitching more than anything.

But I almost thought we'd get him if he left Atl. Hes an Angel fan, and I know (at least a few years back) he wanted to come here. 

Would have been a fun signing.

26 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

I saw the A’s traded Chris Bassitt to the Mets.  Wasn’t he on the Angels radar as a potential trade target?  It sounds like the Mets gave the A’s 3 prospects, not sure how high they were in the Mets organization.

All of the signings/trades have been posted in this thread: 

Called my mom (who lives in Georgia) just now to check in because she's been having some health issues. She was crying. I asked her what was going on. She had just heard the Freeman news and was so upset that he was leaving Atlanta that she cried. She said she was also going to miss seeing his "cute little son" on the broadcasts (I guess they show him running around all the time). 

Braves fans were pretty attached to Freeman.

18 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Called my mom (who lives in Georgia) just now to check in because she's been having some health issues. She was crying. I asked her what was going on. She had just heard the Freeman news and was so upset that he was leaving Atlanta that she cried. She said she was also going to miss seeing his "cute little son" on the broadcasts (I guess they show him running around all the time). 

Braves and Angels are my two teams (I will pull for the Angels when they play this July, though it won't be a "usual" loss if the Braves win any of the games in that series).  I loved Freddie too.....but 6 years at age 32 has Pujols written all over it.....nobody was happier that Arte signed Pujols than the Cardinals....and I expect that Alex Anthopolous was secretly not disappointed that he doesn't have a 32 year old guy on the books for 6 years.....

55 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Braves and Angels are my two teams (I will pull for the Angels when they play this July, though it won't be a "usual" loss if the Braves win any of the games in that series).  I loved Freddie too.....but 6 years at age 32 has Pujols written all over it.....nobody was happier that Arte signed Pujols than the Cardinals....and I expect that Alex Anthopolous was secretly not disappointed that he doesn't have a 32 year old guy on the books for 6 years.....

Oh, yeah, I don't disagree with you and I told my mom the same thing--but I don't think a logical argument made much of an impact on an emotional 81-year old.  🙂

2 hours ago, DMVol said:

Except they gave Freeman six years at age 32, while the Angels gave Pujols 10 years at age 35.

35 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Except they gave Freeman six years at age 32, while the Angels gave Pujols 10 years at age 35.

True that….but Pujols for 6 years would have been an overpay, as is Freddie’s deal….10 years just sucked the life out the budget…

12 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Seeing him sign with the Dodgers was worse for me than the departure itself.