• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

My new office in TN is setup!

Chuck

On 2/5/2022 at 7:24 PM, Lou said:

Yeah, just giving you a hard time. I'm just not a boot guy. 

Congrats on the big move. Hope you and me family really enjoy it there. 

Thanks!! 

Yeah I wasn’t a boot guy my entire life. My daughter bought me these after we moved here for a belated Christmas gift. I laughed at first at the thought until I started wearing them. Super comfy. Plus it makes my daughter happy to wear them. 😎 I’ll be rocking my Vans and sandals most days. 

She just moved out today to her new apartment an hour south to start her new job, adulthood and to be close to her boyfriend.

Sad day for me. We’re empty nesters now but Trinity and I are very close, so this is a big adjustment for me. 

Congrats CHUCK

kind of late to the announcement here but not a lot of baseball news going on now and probably not much for a while now according to how the negotiations are going at this time.

I have family out that way (about an hour south of Nashville) and may look to finding a place out there at some point.

And YES -- policies and taxes on the Left Coast has reached ridiculous levels - folks are definitely voting with their feet.

I think it's funny everyone rips on California. Every state has issues. We just get those issues in 80 degree weather in February.

All politics aside, congrats Chuck, it looks great. Happy for you.

Gonna be in your neighborhood end of July, and will stop by if you'd like. Or we can hit up the Angels v. Braves game if you feel like making a long drive. I'm going to Sunday's game, but am willing to go Saturday night too. 7-23 Sat and 7-24 Sun.

Hitting KC on my drive home. 

46 minutes ago, Lou said:

The problem I have with CA is financial. 

Same with me re: WA state.

My property taxes were nearly 8k last year. Then King County made me tear down an outbuilding I spent 30k to build on my own property because it was built 150 feet away from the river and the law stated 180 feet. 

Money down the toilet because it couldn’t be moved and I didn’t know about this new King County law either. 

Rat bastards. 

This new house in TN property taxes are just 2k a year and you don’t need a permit to build anything on your property in the county I’m in. 

2 hours ago, Hubs said:

I think it's funny everyone rips on California. Every state has issues. We just get those issues in 80 degree weather in February.

All politics aside, congrats Chuck, it looks great. Happy for you.

Gonna be in your neighborhood end of July, and will stop by if you'd like. Or we can hit up the Angels v. Braves game if you feel like making a long drive. I'm going to Sunday's game, but am willing to go Saturday night too. 7-23 Sat and 7-24 Sun.

Hitting KC on my drive home. 

Yeah definitely hit me up. If there’s baseball and the Angels are playing the Braves in Atlanta count me in. 

The problem is so many people want to live in California and so prices can be high and people still pay them. I believe California is the most populous state. The old you pay for where you live holds true. I am okay with not having a big house and all the land etc that so many people seem to crave if the trade off is amazing weather without threat of floods and hurricanes and tornadoes and blizzards etc. Like it was already posted, it's 80 degrees here today. The weather is damn consistent all year round. If I want to be in snow, I look at the mountains to see if there is snow and then I can drive to them. The east coast is being slammed by snow and freezing temperatures. I am not too familiar with Tennessee weather but I would have to think it snows in the winter and gets really hot in the summer and probably rains a lot. People, like Chuck, are okay with the tradeoff because they value a big home and land etc over amazing weather and tons of things to do and a lot of professional sports and all the other positives about California.

I have plenty of family members that tell me they would live in California if it wasn't so expensive and I explain that they can live here but they just wouldn't have as big a house or as nice a car etc and they tell me no thanks then. So more people CAN afford to live here if they sacrifice material things and downsize which is way easier than just finding a higher paying job.

On 2/5/2022 at 11:21 AM, Chuckster70 said:

@Bluegrass_HaloFan first off, welcome to AngelsWin.com. 

Secondly, that sounds like a great idea of a Southern website event. We've done them in Arizona for years during Spring Training. Under the Big A in So. Cal, in Washington State on a River Float. Why not here in the great south? 

Lastly, that Double Double Oaked Woodford Reserve sounds amazing. 

Besides @Make Angels Great Again, @Capital_Dave @ScruffytheJanitor and yourself, who else is in or close to Tennessee? @AngelsFaninGA? Would love to plan something for the summer. 

I'm in Chicago these days, but would love to visit one day. Place looks great (and no doubt very affordable compared to city living)!