• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

My new office in TN is setup!

Chuck

Welcome to the neighborhood, Chuck!  What part of Tennessee are you in?  I moved from Las Vegas to Lexington, KY about 6 years ago.  About 3 hours from here to Nashville and my daughter is attending college in Memphis.  We might need to take in a Nashville Sounds game together someday.

59 minutes ago, Capital_Dave said:

Welcome to the neighborhood, Chuck!  What part of Tennessee are you in?  I moved from Las Vegas to Lexington, KY about 6 years ago.  About 3 hours from here to Nashville and my daughter is attending college in Memphis.  We might need to take in a Nashville Sounds game together someday.

i believe @pattimelt works for the Sounds. Give her a holler and she can hook you up for tickets. 

i have her contact info if you need it.

15 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

@Capital_Dave I've been wanting to get over to Louisville Slugger where they make the bats and do the Bourbon Trail.

I'm just 15 or so minutes from the Kentucky border in Robertson County, just 35 min north from Nashville. 

Beautiful home Chuck.  We, too, were astounded by property values here vs. in the West.  We doubled our square footage too, when we moved... while actually paying less than our house in Vegas.  Unreal.

We're an hour away from Louisville, so a Bats game would be awesome... also I have season tickets to UK Baseball, if you'd like to come up and check out an SEC baseball game someday.  (Sounds like we also have to connect with @pattimelttoo!). I'll circle back once the season is underway and we'll make some plans.  It'll be good to reconnect!

Edited to add: the Louisville Slugger museum is definitely worth the trip.

Edited by Capital_Dave

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

@Capital_Dave I've been wanting to get over to Louisville Slugger where they make the bats and do the Bourbon Trail.

I'm just 15 or so minutes from the Kentucky border in Robertson County, just 35 min north from Nashville.

I am currently living just over the border in Western KY (Mayfield... right where the Tornados hit). My in-laws are from Dickson County, and my Brother lives in Lebanon. Tennessee is a GREAT place to live.

My best suggestion -- do the Bourbon Trail in small bits. Seriously, there are so many distilleries, and it's such a relaxing 2-3 day weekend.  This might seem like common sense, but I've known too many people that try to do like 12 distilleries in 4 days, and it gets old quickly. We like to do three or four at a time, staying in Lexington or Louisville and hitting some good restaurants. Also: don't forget to get chocolates. Even some of the crappier bourbon (Evan Williams cough cough) tastes pretty fucking good when it's in chocolate. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

It was going to take a lot for us to move from our house on the river in WA state, a house that my dad built and that I had so much history & good memories in, but it was time for a change for many reasons, most of which is because my youngest was moving to Nashville at the beginning of the year anyhow. We wanted to be close to her and to the rest of our family since we would no longer have family in WA.

We got a really nice custom built home in the country side on two acres with a heated pool, koi pond, built in smoker attached to outbuilding, three car garage turned into a party house equipped with a full kitchen, bar, bathroom and TV, not included in the 4500 square foot portion of the house. All for a damn good price in a good, quiet area. 

Hoping to retire here in a few more years. Going to get a couple Australian shepherd dogs and some goats. The neighbour has three horses, a donkey and a couple cows that are friendly. They come right up to our fence line and we feed them apples. 

Everyone is super nice here. Southern hospitality. Good food. Four seasons of weather. I also love that there are no mask or vaccine mandates here. 

269980209_10227130355141227_2337513292693754509_n.jpeg

269935346_10227130357101276_3405681176853825220_n.jpeg

269867725_10227130356821269_6077823557387664639_n.jpeg

269910042_10227130357701291_8096665278890780195_n.jpeg

269907414_10227130350821119_6355674795986856699_n.jpeg

FKth67eX0AMUnXa.jpeg

Out of all that (which is all great) the part that stood out was "a couple of australian shepherd dogs"

Getting mine in a few weeks. Great dogs

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

It was going to take a lot for us to move from our house on the river in WA state, a house that my dad built and that I had so much history & good memories in, but it was time for a change for many reasons, most of which is because my youngest was moving to Nashville at the beginning of the year anyhow. We wanted to be close to her and to the rest of our family since we would no longer have family in WA.

We got a really nice custom built home in the country side on two acres with a heated pool, koi pond, built in smoker attached to outbuilding, three car garage turned into a party house equipped with a full kitchen, bar, bathroom and TV, not included in the 4500 square foot portion of the house. All for a damn good price in a good, quiet area. 

Hoping to retire here in a few more years. Going to get a couple Australian shepherd dogs and some goats. The neighbour has three horses, a donkey and a couple cows that are friendly. They come right up to our fence line and we feed them apples. 

Everyone is super nice here. Southern hospitality. Good food. Four seasons of weather. I also love that there are no mask or vaccine mandates here. 

Sweet dogs. Just got one a month ago. Now I get to say welcome to TN!

image.thumb.png.627dd2001853a271274d20ec27741eb3.png