• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022 PGA Tour thread

Got home in time this afternoon to watch the Dinah Shore. What a great way for Jennifer Kupcho to win her first LPGA tournament. She’s very talented. 

I’m sorry to see that chevron has given tradition the middle finger and will be moving this tournament to Houston next year. It won’t be the same, and that’s unfortunate.

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Thanks. It's a pretty basic tendon repair not Tommy John surgery. Only 6 weeks in a sling but no golf for at least 6 months. 

I’d be happy to let you drive me around the course as my caddy/chauffeur.

Fascinating article about 99-year old Jackie Burke and his 1956 Masters win in 40mph winds. He was 8 strokes back going into Sunday. Some good insights into the game and what it takes to win at Augusta. Jackie still hits the driving range every day!

https://www.si.com/golf/news/golfs-augusta-national-treasure-99-year-old-past-champion-jackie-burke

1956burke.jpg

Woods is now out on the practice area at Augusta. I hope if he competes he can walk the entire course with minimal pain. I know he has been busting ass to bring his stamina back to play 72 holes but this is more than just golf playing exhaustion, he is the story this year and will have to handle the extra press requirements as well. 

Woods started with some short chips, moved to the sand, then the driving range with mid irons and now is on to his fairway woods. His right leg movement is much more stable and smoother compared to the Father Son game from a couple months ago. There is better rotation of his lower body and weight shift. There is no sign of the limp from a couple months ago. 

All of the talking heads on Golf Channel are discussing his ability to walk the hilly Augusta National course for four consecutive rounds. They are saying downhill shots will be easier than uphill that require more rear leg balance. So it is still not certain if he will tee off for the tourney or just as a honorary masters champion. He may play 9 holes later this afternoon but that will probably be out of camera view. 

47 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

If he's in contention this has potential to be something historic.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/02/24/ben-hogan-accident-tiger-woods/

Even though he suffered injuries that would make prolonged walking difficult and affect his game for the rest of his life, Hogan would win six more majors, most famously the 1950 U.S. Open, just 16 months after the accident.

In 1953, he won five of the six tournaments he entered, including the Masters, British Open and U.S. Open; no other player would win three Grand Slam events in a season until Woods in 2000.

ben-hogan-crash-mc-inline-210224-01.jpg

Woods injury to his right leg and ankle was far more serious than Hogan's ankle but even with advancements in surgical procedures and physical therapy, Woods being able to walk the entire course for four days of competition would be a true feat of shear perseverance. 

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/02/24/ben-hogan-accident-tiger-woods/

Even though he suffered injuries that would make prolonged walking difficult and affect his game for the rest of his life, Hogan would win six more majors, most famously the 1950 U.S. Open, just 16 months after the accident.

In 1953, he won five of the six tournaments he entered, including the Masters, British Open and U.S. Open; no other player would win three Grand Slam events in a season until Woods in 2000.

ben-hogan-crash-mc-inline-210224-01.jpg

It's amazing Hogan survived that wreck. Holyshit.

5 hours ago, Lhalo said:

It's amazing Hogan survived that wreck. Holyshit.

His wife was in the passenger seat. They say if he hadn't reach over to protect her at impact the steering wheel would have killed him. No seat belts in those days. 

On 4/4/2022 at 10:51 AM, Blarg said:

Woods is now out on the practice area at Augusta. I hope if he competes he can walk the entire course with minimal pain. I know he has been busting ass to bring his stamina back to play 72 holes but this is more than just golf playing exhaustion, he is the story this year and will have to handle the extra press requirements as well. 

Ha. I think Tiger can handle the press. 

3 hours ago, Lou said:

That's insane. There are even fans in the stands.

practice round tickets are easier to get than tournament tickets, but still hard as hell to find. i put my name on a waiting list about three years ago but don't ever expect to get notified that i've won.

a friend of mine won the ticket lottery about 3 or 4 years ago and won two tickets for one day of the practice rounds. she and her son flew to atlanta for a two day trip just so she could see jordan speith. but hey, it was still augusta, and i'd probably do the same.

IIRC, @stevestevens went to the masters a few years ago. dude, got any stories to share?