• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022 PGA Tour thread

Every ball in the rough was a fight to get out but they still used driver off the tee box and ran through the fairways rather than take the 20 to 30 yard loss of distance and stay on the short stuff. The negative to dropping down to a 3 wood was the greens were hard as rock so approach shots had to come in at a high elevation with spin to hold and even still few did. That extra 30 yards is a club or two less loft and US players are not as familiar with playing bump and run. So many approaches just ran off the collars all day and the recovery shots did the same.

TPC Sawgrass, 16, 17, and 18. What are you shooting on these three holes?

If I could make it through in +4, I'd feel like I was having an incredible day.

275265367_10158103768076330_7379055235136186475_n.jpg

Edited by Tank

When I played Tour 18 in Houston they had a replica of Sawgrass 17th hole. I just barely missed the putt for birdie.20210425_111614.jpg20210425_112221.jpg

Right now my left elbow is so messed up I wouldn't be able to hit the green from the white tees. April 8th I go under the knife to repair two torn tendons and release the ulnar nerve. 

i've played PGA West twice, and #17 is an island green, very similar to Sawgrass. I parred it the first time and bogeyed it the second time. the second time, my tee shot hit the rocks and bounced over the water to the drop area. from there, i hit on the green and two-putted.

it's such a fun hole to play. Lee Trevino aced this hole during one of the skins games back in the 80s, and there's a plaque on the tee to remind you, just in case you're not already intimidated enough.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ayoUaWfaflE/UM-4pW5qqvI/AAAAAAAAC4Q/IavUI4Yxjxo/s1600/PGA+West+17.jpg

tiger woods, along with three other people, was inducted into the world golf hall of fame tonight. his daughter gave a speech introducing him that was supposedly amazing, but i missed it. i saw his speech and it was pretty good.

the replay is on the golf channel right now for anyone who's interested.

They got a few hours in this morning before play was suspended. Strong line of thunderstorms, heavy rain and winds all day long.

Tomorrow morning, the same. Saturday afternoon rain might taper off but strong winds will remain, 20 to 30mph gusts.

Sunday, Monday no rain but still windy.

Tuesday, another round of thunderstorms.

They have to finish by Monday to get this done.

There are 41 golfers who have yet to complete Round 1, ranging from the 11th to the 18th hole.

I imagine they'll try to get that finished tomorrow afternoon if the rain lets up. I have no idea what they'll do after that.

There's also the question of how much damage the course sustains and how long it takes to get rid of all that water.

I thought The Players was going to be on the third weekend of March, not the second. That surprised me. The weather forecast for next weekend is lovely. Dry, sunny, and mild temps.

Oh well, too late now. And a Monday finish is paramount, as thunderstorms will roll in again Tuesday morning. Is there a chance they might stop at 54 holes? 

Just now, Blarg said:

Lowry just aced the 17th hole. Hit the ball over the flag by about 15 feet and spun it back into the hole. 

Then proceeded to have one of the best and longest celebrations at TPC Sawgrass.  Lowry seems like a really great guy, and what a reaction.  Awesome