• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New York Times Acquire The Athletic

failos

31 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

It's dogshit for the same reason that virtually every semi-organized news site these days is dogshit. Frankly this and other independent boards/blogs have better information and quality of discourse than any of these "news" sites. 

Precisely. It isn't news anymore, it's spin. Fox, CNN, NYT, NYP. Anyone that gets their "news" from these people deserves the hatred and mass hysteria that they bring upon themselves. 

This irresponsible reporting is nothing more than blocking the truth from the public to further an agenda. And it isn't a left versus right thing, they're both equally guilty, the left is just better at it. 

Sports is already getting politicized by false information propagated by groups like BLM, and the NYT purchasing one of the largest sports reporting and media companies only signals a furthering of such awful practices. There's a reason no one wears proud boys gear on the field and if players and fans actually had the facts, baseball never would've embraced BLM, and companies like the NYT are to blame for this. 

Just let them play ball. 

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Precisely. It isn't news anymore, it's spin. Fox, CNN, NYT, NYP. Anyone that gets their "news" from these people deserves the hatred and mass hysteria that they bring upon themselves. 

This irresponsible reporting is nothing more than blocking the truth from the public to further an agenda. And it isn't a left versus right thing, they're both equally guilty, the left is just better at it. 

Sports is already getting politicized by false information propagated by groups like BLM, and the NYT purchasing one of the largest sports reporting and media companies only signals a furthering of such awful practices. There's a reason no one wears proud boys gear on the field and if players and fans actually had the facts, baseball never would've embraced BLM, and companies like the NYT are to blame for this. 

Just let them play ball. 

I think I...agree? Weird. 

I don't care about the political shit, but I don't like the """""news""""" buying up a pretty damn good source for baseball information.

And Scotty is correct; it's going to be politicized to shit.

14 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't care about the political shit, but I don't like the """""news""""" buying up a pretty damn good source for baseball information.

No he’s not.  As we all know.  First of all.  Sports is famously free from politics.  That’s definitely true.  I’d say that even on the athletic the opinions of these people filter through. 

The NYT buying the Athletic is shitty because they’ll probably figure out new ways to make the product more expensive while simultaneously delivering a shittier product.  That’s the trend with all these types of takeovers.  See bleacher report, see Sports illustrated.  Etc.  what was kind of cool about the athletic was legit insiders with a free hand to report how they wanted to on regional teams.  With no god forsaken pop ups.  They started expanding into the pod cast game.  Which is apparently what the NYT want.  We’ll see how that plays out.  

Scotty’s rants about BLM is just the product of him being a lunatic reactionary baby. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

12 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

No he’s not.  As we all know.  First of all.  Sports is famously free from politics.  That’s definitely true.  I’d say that even on the athletic the opinions of these people filter through. 

The NYT buying the Athletic is shitty because they’ll probably figure out new ways to make the product more expensive while simultaneously delivering a shittier product.  That’s the trend with all these types of takeovers.  See bleacher report, see Sports illustrated.  Etc.  what was kind of cool about the athletic was legit insiders with a free hand to report how they wanted to on regional teams.  With no god forsaken pop ups.  They started expanding into the pod cast game.  Which is apparently what the NYT want.  We’ll see how that plays out.  

Scotty’s rants about BLM is just the product of him being a lunatic reactionary baby. 

I respect disagreement, I think we all need to come together to oppose mass manipulation from media sources and politicians, whether that's someone else being manipulated or even you and I. 

But I think it's counterproductive to call me a lunatic reactionary baby. We (you and I included) need to be better than that. 

24 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I think you and I can agree when it isn't necessarily political, just life. We can agree on this game, baseball. And I think that this game (and NFL, NBA and NHL) should all be unifying factors. We don't want those messed with, and they're being messed with and it sucks. 

9 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I respect disagreement, I think we all need to come together to oppose mass manipulation from media sources and politicians, whether that's someone else being manipulated or even you and I. 

But I think it's counterproductive to call me a lunatic reactionary baby. We (you and I included) need to be better than that. 

You’ll see what will happen to the athletic.  It’s probably going to go as I described.  Because that’s what these media entities do. It’s not going to be coordinated IDPOL like, uhh striking out jo Adell is actually racist.  I don’t mean offense.  But when you say stuff that’s ridiculous I think it’s ok for me to say that it’s ridiculous. 

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

You’ll see what will happen to the athletic.  It’s probably going to go as I described.  Because that’s what these media entities do. It’s not going to be coordinated IDPOL like, uhh striking out jo Adell is actually racist.  I don’t mean offense.  But when you say stuff that’s ridiculous I think it’s ok for me to say that it’s ridiculous. 

I think he's being intentionally hyperbolic.

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

You agree that BLM has infiltrated professional sports?

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I love how the people bitching about bringing politics into sports brought politics into this thread. 

Scotty is always the first to bring up race. I'm typically the first to bring up politics, but I don't complain about it.

9 hours ago, Second Base said:

A liberal propaganda news agency just purchased the sports arm of their considerable reach. Get ready for them to politicize sports as we know it. 

"Mike Trout hits HR off Amir Garrett: Why it's racist"

I thought ESPN mastered the art of politicizing sports as we know it.....