• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stuck in the Phoenix airport

Don

I get PHX as a layover on probably 80% of my trips (either out or incoming). I know the C and D terminals all too well…..even where the cool spots to charge electronics.

One of my last times out there I saw a middle aged couple go into one of the baby changing rooms without a kid. Came out within 5 minutes and gave the head nod. I get pretty jealous of peeps that can bust that quick to get back on with their day.

Actually one passenger was asked to leave, I don't know why but there was no altercation. He spoke to the pilot as he left but it didn't look like an argument. Moments later two other passengers followed him out. 

Even with that little drama we are on time to depart. Sorry, no phone video of screaming, punches thrown or air marshalls handcuffed people. 

Spoke too soon. Las Vegas Airport just requested our flight to delay takeoff for another 20 minutes because of backups. 

So we are on the tarmac. Waiting. 

I picked flying to Las Vegas because I thought New Years Eve traffic on the 15 would be horrible. Checked a little while ago and we would be arriving at the hotel an hour before our flight will land if we drove to Vegas instead of Ontario Airport. 

20 hours ago, Blarg said:

Spoke too soon. Las Vegas Airport just requested our flight to delay takeoff for another 20 minutes because of backups. 

So we are on the tarmac. Waiting. 

I picked flying to Las Vegas because I thought New Years Eve traffic on the 15 would be horrible. Checked a little while ago and we would be arriving at the hotel an hour before our flight will land if we drove to Vegas instead of Ontario Airport. 

Sounds like your gamble didn't pay off.

Arrived only 20 minutes later than scheduled. Got to the hotel easily and changed for the night's events. Took a cab for dinner and then a cab back to the Aria which turned out to be an adventure since they locked off the strip to traffic. Luckily they were letting cabs through that had hotel guests. Back in plenty of time for our 9pm concert at the Dolby Live theater. 

• 9 months later...

Once I had a layover in PHX, on my way to SNA. Bad weather in PHX delayed the flight to SNA. Finally we got out of PHX but then it was past the SNA curfew so we got diverted to LAX. Then they bussed us from LAX down to SNA.

That really sucked.

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

Good ol’ Sky Harbor. @Don did you eat at Barrio Cafe or Los Taquitos?

Strangely, you didn’t upgrade in weather, too much, as it shows 64 in PHX and 57 in KC.

Landed at 8:45PM and basically everything was closed. One restaurant in terminal C was open, which had a crazy wait for obvious reasons. Then a McDonald’s in A or B, which only had fish left at that point. Not a fantastic three and a half hour layover.

2 minutes ago, Don said:

Landed at 8:45PM and basically everything was closed. One restaurant in terminal C was open, which had a crazy wait for obvious reasons. Then a McDonald’s in A or B, which only had fish left at that point. Not a fantastic three and a half hour layover.

Just saw the time you posted. Yeah, I think everything closes at 8pm, but that Panera Bread in C and those shops with the snacks. Coming back from KC I always grab the last flight home before the 10pm shutdown at John Wayne and run into the same. I usually grab something at one of the shops.

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

Just saw the time you posted. Yeah, I think everything closes at 8pm, but that Panera Bread in C and those shops with the snacks. Coming back from KC I always grab the last flight home before the 10pm shutdown at John Wayne and run into the same. I usually grab something at one of the shops.

I just hope they don’t ruin kci. I can make it from my door to the entrance in 12 minutes. That includes parking and walk in. Lately the damn bags take 45 min. I can walk home faster than they can get my bags. 

I'm flying out to Montana in a couple weeks. On the trip home I'm going to stop at Double Front Chicken in Missoula to pick up dinner to go because the layover in Salt Lake is after most of the restaurants are closed. That and it is the best fried chicken I have ever had and if I don't bring home extra my wife is going to be very disappointed.