• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stuck in the Phoenix airport

Don

2 hours ago, Kotchman said:

I just hope they don’t ruin kci. I can make it from my door to the entrance in 12 minutes. That includes parking and walk in. Lately the damn bags take 45 min. I can walk home faster than they can get my bags. 

Loved flying in and out of Kansas City. Do they still have the Cheers bar there? 

3 hours ago, Kotchman said:

I just hope they don’t ruin kci. I can make it from my door to the entrance in 12 minutes. That includes parking and walk in. Lately the damn bags take 45 min. I can walk home faster than they can get my bags. 

I think it will be fine, but yeah MCI is one of my favorites because like SNA it's just simple and easy.....although, they should really get with the times and update the TSA peeps instead of having us always go through the gate 39-45 entrance....which is actually usually fine by me as I fly Southwest right there.

They are looking to really spruce up KC and make it more of a tourist destination. You see the upgrades with Power and Light, the events at Union Station, more events at the convention center and the Sprint Center, and the upgrade of the airport. KC is going to host the NFL Draft next spring and also host some World Cup games in four years. It's exciting.

That said, maybe I'm just used to how slow everything is out here in CA, but I'm beyond impressed with how quickly they are getting the airport put together. I was going out there a bunch last year and the beginning of this year and every few weeks or so of traveling they had so much done or updated....like how fast they got that new huge parking structure up.

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I think it will be fine, but yeah MCI is one of my favorites because like SNA it's just simple and easy.....although, they should really get with the times and update the TSA peeps instead of having us always go through the gate 39-45 entrance....which is actually usually fine by me as I fly Southwest right there.

They are looking to really spruce up KC and make it more of a tourist destination. You see the upgrades with Power and Light, the events at Union Station, more events at the convention center and the Sprint Center, and the upgrade of the airport. KC is going to host the NFL Draft next spring and also host some World Cup games in four years. It's exciting.

That said, maybe I'm just used to how slow everything is out here in CA, but I'm beyond impressed with how quickly they are getting the airport put together. I was going out there a bunch last year and the beginning of this year and every few weeks or so of traveling they had so much done or updated....like how fast they got that new huge parking structure up.

I hope it turns out nice. I live in Platte city so it’s a ride through the cornfield for me.
The problem with all the areas you mentioned is gov Lucas controls it. People are getting shot in all those areas. Honestly I run the 435 to legends or liberty and that’s about it. The northland now has some shootings in riverside and Barry road. 

I wish the chiefs would move to Kansas but legends now has a little rift raft. I’m hoping they build something nice further north of the airport. The ghetto has made it across the river and we have bums and freaks  hanging out in zona Rosa. Take me back too 2008 !

One  nice thing about my trip to Florida was that a startup airline, Breeze Airways, flies nonstops from Las Vegas to Jacksonville, so no connecting flights or layovers. The last time that I went, US Airways routed me through Philadelphia on the way home. Breeze doesn't fly junk, either - brand new Airbus A220. Southwest flew the route for a while but abandoned it. There were very few empty seats going either way.

12 hours ago, Kotchman said:

I hope it turns out nice. I live in Platte city so it’s a ride through the cornfield for me.
The problem with all the areas you mentioned is gov Lucas controls it. People are getting shot in all those areas. Honestly I run the 435 to legends or liberty and that’s about it. The northland now has some shootings in riverside and Barry road. 

I wish the chiefs would move to Kansas but legends now has a little rift raft. I’m hoping they build something nice further north of the airport. The ghetto has made it across the river and we have bums and freaks  hanging out in zona Rosa. Take me back too 2008 !

Yeah, I think I was reading that 435 at Truman was one of the deadliest intersections in America or something like that with the shootings down that way....which ironically is where I stay in Independence.

My cousins talk about Legends, but haven't been yet. I know they've done a lot over there with the new facilities and I think the sports park where the women's team plays....could be wrong on this.

I was doing some research out there as I was looking at second homes. Pretty enlightening how territorial everyone is out there and what people have to say about other areas and what they like or don't like, or what's a nice area and what isn't.

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Yeah, I think I was reading that 435 at Truman was one of the deadliest intersections in America or something like that with the shootings down that way....which ironically is where I stay in Independence.

My cousins talk about Legends, but haven't been yet. I know they've done a lot over there with the new facilities and I think the sports park where the women's team plays....could be wrong on this.

I was doing some research out there as I was looking at second homes. Pretty enlightening how territorial everyone is out there and what people have to say about other areas and what they like or don't like, or what's a nice area and what isn't.

Yes the mens stadium is at legends. The women are building a facility by the river. Mahomes wife is kissing away some good money with building that. There are definitely divided opinions. My views are based on traffic and avoiding the ghetto. Independence was once really nice IMO but they seem to have caught the worst of ghetto expansion. 

• 9 months later...

Back in Phoenix again. Turns out Sky Harbor is peaceful AF on a random Wednesday in August. Pretty pleasant experience. Also, the new airport in KC is really well done. I’ve flown out of there a couple times since it opened this last winter/spring, but today was the first time that I showed up with some time to waste. Good restaurant/bar choices, nice facilities, pleasant aesthetics, etc… Although some of the restaurants are like polished up versions of things that were hyper-local roadside food trucks 5-10 years ago, and that feels oddly inauthentic.