• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eppler to Mets….

DMVol

"Just so you know, we had a uh.... a drug, uh... a drug issue when I was with the Angels. I just want to throw that out there now" - Eppler

"Oh... yeah.... well.... i mean, these things happen. (Coughs)...

... anyway, we're thinking of bringing back some old timers for spring training. A sort of a reminder to the good old days around here. We've asked darryl strawberry, lenny dykstra and doc gooden to come out and meet and greet the fans this year....." - management

I applaud the Mets hiring of Billy Eppler at this Time to their FO. His greatest hits IMO were the Ohtani score which was huge, the Trout extension, the Andrelton Simmons trade for the LHP Sean Newcomb who is no Jon Lester and some of his draft choices. He never sniffed the postseason though with losing records in His 5 years with the Angels who had $ to spend and didn’t reverse Team culture or improve the pitching, or Farm System.

He needs to cut a strong deal leaving him with full autonomy and watch out above and below for the Alderson sandwich or else he will get crushed and be the next fall guy up. LOL

8 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

"Just so you know, we had a uh.... a drug, uh... a drug issue when I was with the Angels. I just want to throw that out there now" - Eppler

... anyway, we're thinking of bringing back some old timers for spring training. A sort of a reminder to the good old days around here. We've asked darryl strawberry, lenny dykstra and doc gooden to come out and meet and greet the fans this year....." - management

Just a tidbit.  Darryl is now a speaker on the Christian men's group circuit.  Pretty powerful testimony about the depths of his spiral and God's impact on his life/recovery and was a much better speaker than I'd have thought, considering that he didn't seem to have that in him when he was a youngster.  I saw him at a Victor Marx event and he briefly discussed Doc Gooden, their friendship and reaching out to him. 

11 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

How much is parking in Queens?

Free if you park in Corona and walk over GCP on Roosevelt Ave. Underneath the subway line right into CitiField or take the # 7 Train from Grand Central.  While in Corona hit the Italian block on 108th Street watch the old men play Bocce and sip on an Italian ice from the Lemon Ice King of Corona.  

9 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

YO! SHO!!! Your Front Office bud has landed in Queens!!!! Whaddya think?

Eppler should do Ok in Queens but he has to realize the Aldersons and Lindor have the ear of the new Owner who spends a great deal of time on Twitter.

His odds for success there are not looking that great.

1 hour ago, Pancake Bear said:

NYPost said today that when Arte fired Ausmus and wanted to replace him with a more reliable veteran baseball man (read: Maddon), Eppler pushed for Buck Showalter over Maddon. 

Basically, Eppler has a very small pool of candidates from which to choose.  Swanson will probably be in his front office.  Oh, by the way, Ausmus was the drizzling shits in both his stints as a manager.  

18 hours ago, Robrock30 said:

I applaud the Mets hiring of Billy Eppler at this Time to their FO. His greatest hits IMO were the Ohtani score which was huge, the Trout extension, the Andrelton Simmons trade for the LHP Sean Newcomb who is no Jon Lester and some of his draft choices. He never sniffed the postseason though with losing records in His 5 years with the Angels who had $ to spend and didn’t reverse Team culture or improve the pitching, or Farm System.

He needs to cut a strong deal leaving him with full autonomy and watch out above and below for the Alderson sandwich or else he will get crushed and be the next fall guy up. LOL

he definitely improved the angels farm system, by a great deal actually. the other criticisms are fair enough.

On 11/16/2021 at 12:30 AM, ten ocho recon scout said:

I have met Doc Gooden and have a photo shaking his pitching hand and had a long schmooze with him discussing his highlights and lowlights including the Mike Scoiscia HR in the 9th inning of the 1988 NLCS Game which I observed at the Stadium. ( Check my twitter account ).  Lenny Dykstra was a great Ballplayer runner up MVP and would have been WS MVP except for Mitch Williams.  Darryl Strawberry was robbed in 1988 of MVP and he has turned his life around positively and if you listen to him now he hits all the right notes.

4 hours ago, Lou said:

Mets fans don't seem too happy with the Eppler hire. 

Lou,

He wasn't their 1st choice more like # 26 and he was competing with a Mergers and Acquisitions Attorney  Adam Cromie who 5 years ago was an Assistant GM with the Nats.  Mets were rejected by their top picks and they're still hoping to land David Stearns of the Brewers for their POBO job next year ( 3rd Time may be the charm ). Supposedly he is Friends with Billy Eppler. LOL

14 minutes ago, Robrock30 said:

I have met Doc Gooden and have a photo shaking his pitching hand and had a long schmooze with him discussing his highlights and lowlights including the Mike Scoiscia HR in the 9th inning of the 1988 NLCS Game which I observed at the Stadium. ( Check my twitter account ).  Lenny Dykstra was a great Ballplayer runner up MVP and would have been WS MVP except for Mitch Williams.  Darryl Strawberry was robbed in 1988 of MVP and he has turned his life around positively and if you listen to him now he hits all the right notes.

Can you do something about Ron Darling? He's the least interesting analyst on tv

8 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Can you do something about Ron Darling? He's the least interesting analyst on tv

I met Ron Darling way back in the day offseason after the Mets won the WS in 1986.  I was at a new NYC nite club upstairs and sat at his booth with a Coach who I recognized from his Yankees days.  I got an unfiltered earful of Darling's thoughts on the 1986 Mets quite amazing really.  I sat with the Coach and had a long chat about things who was very friendly with me.  Funny before I met Darling I was across the Street at another of my former hangouts on Park Avenue South and I was with Marv Albert's Brother Steve who used to Broadcast Mets Games.

On 11/15/2021 at 6:30 PM, Dtwncbad said:

I honestly don’t understand why anyone cares about this.  Eppler works for the Mets now.  So what?

I dunno.  It's kinda weird that Dipoto landed elsewhere... then Eppler.

It's weird .  Right?  

Especially because they didn't kill it in Anaheim?

Insert eyeball emojis here

7 hours ago, ScottT said:

I dunno.  It's kinda weird that Dipoto landed elsewhere... then Eppler.

It's weird .  Right?  

Especially because they didn't kill it in Anaheim?

Insert eyeball emojis here

I don’t think it is weird.  These guys are pursuing these positions aggressively as careers.  They were both young.  I don’t see them getting a second chance elsewhere as peculiar at all.