• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

Just now, rottiesworld said:

Arte just needs to sell the team, us fans go through this crap every season and tired of it. The fans spend money to see the team but yet he never wants to spend money that will take him over the budget or has to pay a fine. They have uptons contract that expire next season and will be over for 1 year. 

For all those who are upset, I mean, we did just sign Syndergaard.  Syndergaard, in terms of stuff, is probably better than every FA SP out there with the exception of Scherzer.

1 minute ago, Warfarin said:

Truth be told, I'd prefer Syndergaard on a one year deal than Gausman on a 5 year deal or Gray on a 4 year deal.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but at some point, you need to have some stability and consistency on your staff.  Betting on essentially random guys to magically have good years hasn't exactly worked out well for them so far.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but at some point, you need to have some stability and consistency on your staff.  Betting on essentially random guys to magically have good years hasn't exactly worked out well for them so far.

I agree with the idea in principle, but for someone like Syndergaard, I love the high upside move.

Ideally though, what you are looking for (stability and consistency) should mainly be coming from young, controllable SPs that you have developed as prospects (or acquired in a trade).  We now have one in Ohtani, and hopefully, we will soon have multiple others.

1 minute ago, rottiesworld said:

If he stays healthy which we don’t know or does he have a set back.

This is true for basically every SP. Scherzer just had his season finished because he couldn't get his arm loose to start a playoff game.  Yet he's 37 and about to get a 3-4 year deal with an AAV around 40mil.

6 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Completely agree.  Either Minasian failed in convincing Arte this is crucial or Minasian has a different plan.  I will admit, one year contracts for pitchers worked well for the Giants.