• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

James Hoyt, Luke Bard and Franklin Barreto Outrighted

John Smith

10/21/2021

Outrighted

Salt Lake Bees

James Hoyt

Los Angeles Angels sent RHP James Hoyt outright to Salt Lake Bees.

10/21/2021

Outrighted

Salt Lake Bees

Franklin Barreto

Los Angeles Angels sent 2B Franklin Barreto outright to Salt Lake Bees.

10/21/2021

Outrighted

Salt Lake Bees

Luke Bard

Los Angeles Angels sent RHP Luke Ba

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=l_trn&lid=112

puts them at 38.  room to play still with Wong (heh), Guerra, Yan.  I think they'll add Davis at least and the second one is kind of a mystery but I'm gonna guess it'll be Robinson Pina.  Mostly because I think someone would take a chance on him as a reliever.  Even though that's probably not gonna happen and they'll actually protect Stefanic.  

10 hours ago, Dochalo said:

puts them at 38.  room to play still with Wong (heh), Guerra, Yan.  I think they'll add Davis at least and the second one is kind of a mystery but I'm gonna guess it'll be Robinson Pina.  Mostly because I think someone would take a chance on him as a reliever.  Even though that's probably not gonna happen and they'll actually protect Stefanic.  

Pina is in the AFL, so I'm guessing how he looks there will be a big influence on whether or not he gets added.

Pitchers

Catchers

Infielders

Outfielders

Two-Way Players

Manager

Coaches

60-day injured list

As Doc said, 38 when the 60-Day guys come on and the Free Agents are taken Off. 

Mayfield, Gosselin, Wong, Yan, Guerra, all may be casualties as well.

Rule V guys need to be added?

Davis Daniel, Brendan Davis, and Michael Stefanic all will be eligible, and Robinson Pina. We got Davis in the minor league phase of the Rule V draft this past season.

5 hours ago, Trendon said:

Herget had a 3.68 ERA, 1.94 FIP, 11.05 K/9, and 2.45 BB/9 in 14.2 IP for the Angels. Yet you want to outright him off the 40-man roster? Are you crazy? Or did you just not watch any Angels games in September?

Yes I did.  You would keep these 2 and risk losing Davis?  I wouldn’t.

6 hours ago, Hubs said:

Pitchers

Catchers

Infielders

Outfielders

Two-Way Players

Manager

Coaches

60-day injured list

As Doc said, 38 when the 60-Day guys come on and the Free Agents are taken Off. 

Mayfield, Gosselin, Wong, Yan, Guerra, all may be casualties as well.

Rule V guys need to be added?

Davis Daniel, Brendan Davis, and Michael Stefanic all will be eligible, and Robinson Pina. We got Davis in the minor league phase of the Rule V draft this past season.

Davis Daniel has another year according to roster resource.  

29 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

Yes I did.  You would keep these 2 and risk losing Davis?  I wouldn’t.

There are way more players I'd DFA before Herget if you want to clear space to add more players to the 40-man roster.

Guerra, Selman, Yan, Wallach, Gosselin, and Wong among them.

14 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Davis Daniel has another year according to roster resource.  

Hmmm ok. I though college players had four seasons and high school/international had 5. Maybe because he missed 2020. 

He’s 24 and has been in the org since 2017, so I just assumed. We will likely see him next year in Anaheim anyway. 

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

Hmmm ok. I though college players had four seasons and high school/international had 5. Maybe because he missed 2020. 

He’s 24 and has been in the org since 2017, so I just assumed. We will likely see him next year in Anaheim anyway. 

yah.  a little odd.  like for instance, Bachman, who is greater that 18yo is listed as an R5 in 2025 whereas many others from the draft are listed for 2024.  As for Daniel, I am wondering if they didn't prorate this during the missed season the way they did service time at the major league level.  

I keep Herget for now, but hope he is pushed down the chart enough that he’s more of an up-and-down guy from AAA than penned in for a regular role. Warren is the only new guy reliever that I feel comfortable putting on the Opening Day roster. Quijada too since he’s out of options.

I hope/predict Barreto is re-signed to a minor league deal, or accepts the outright assignment. He can reject it and become a FA, but still could re-sign on a minor league deal. Having him healthy at AAA, adding maybe Davis and/or Stefanic should make it relatively easy to take Wong off the 40.