• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angel Season ticket Customer Service (My diatribe)

Nowani

But see, this is one of those situations that my boss is TRYING to fix.  YES, the BIG BOSS is Robert Alvarado. But MY direct boss is Johnny. He was hired to make customer service a priority in our office.  And there are those of us in the windows that try to help as much as we can.  Some people have been there forever, and, to me, at least, are just there for the hourly wage, and they don't care anymore. For me, it goes back to working at Disney and trying to "make magic".  No, I can't work miracles.  But within our rules, I can do some things.  I exchange tickets for people on a daily basis.  I had a customer yesterday that came with 4 tickets to one of these Yankee games, and she needed to exchange them. She had Sunday tickets, but needed Friday tickets because her son was going to be in a tournament.  Her tickets FACE VALUE was $85 each.. I got her the same TYPE of tickets (she was in 132, I put her in 131)- AND she had an extra $100.. since there are no refunds, I asked her if she would like tickets to another game, so she didn't have to lose that money.  She ended up with more tickets, and only lost $4 from the original cost of her 4 tickets. 

Patti, It starts with the big boss. If they don't support and promote a high level of customer service then the end result is a very inconsistent delivery of customer service. this is what I see. If the core values that you and your team display were promoted from the top then this exact issue I ran into would have been handled very differently. Unfortunately, I learned the reality of what is promoted from the top the last few days.

It really makes me sad because I love the Angels and I have always loved the organization at it's very top level when you think of Gene Autry and now Arte Moreno. I think the Angels have been blessed to have had two of the greatest owners in the last 50 years. When I see the things happening now in different areas of the organization in many ways I feel bad for Arte because I know he has very high standards yet certain people in his organization are not meeting those same high standards yet he continues to trust them. Probably because he is just a really nice guy.

Patti, It starts with the big boss. If they don't support and promote a high level of customer service then the end result is a very inconsistent delivery of customer service. this is what I see. If the core values that you and your team display were promoted from the top then this exact issue I ran into would have been handled very differently. Unfortunately, I learned the reality of what is promoted from the top the last few days.

It really makes me sad because I love the Angels and I have always loved the organization at it's very top level when you think of Gene Autry and now Arte Moreno. I think the Angels have been blessed to have had two of the greatest owners in the last 50 years. When I see the things happening now in different areas of the organization in many ways I feel bad for Arte because I know he has very high standards yet certain people in his organization are not meeting those same high standards yet he continues to trust them. Probably because he is just a really nice guy.

It really sounds like they just aren't interested in having you as a season ticket holder anymore.

Does it really make sense for you economically to be one?

I don't feel bad for you, you are a scalper.

No offense to the OP but this is impression that I get as well. It's one thing to resell some of your 4 seats in order to help pay for the season, but it's quite another if you buy 16 more with the sole intent of reselling them. Not to mention that on the rare occasion that you are actually going to use them, you want them swapped out for different seats (although it sounds like it is for a good cause.)

I don't feel bad for you, you are a scalper. 

This is exactly what the Angels have accused me of and everyone else who posts tickets for sale on Stub hub and Ticket Exchange. Yes it's true but I would rather live in a place of free markets than in a place where prices are controlled and regulated such as Cuba.

If it was not for us scalpers. There would not be thousands of tickets available for well below the high prices at the Angels box office. Of the 82 home games sold on Stubhub most games are sold below Angels pricing. There are some incredible deals happening on Stub hub and anyone with such a good experience feel free to chime in and tell them the great deal you got from a scalper on Stubhub. Why is this possible. It's the Season Ticket holders (AKA scalpers) who are passing along their discount and in many cases losing money on games.

Scalpers in the old days had  a bad rap because they would buy all the tickets for an event then jack up the prices and control the market so you ended up paying 5 to 10 times the face value of the ticket. That is no longer the case these days thanks to the internet and the ability of free markets to regulate this. Many scalpers these days like me can't afford to go to 30-40 angels games a year so we subsidize our season tickets by purchasing other season  tickets to sell. It basically allows us to go for free to all these games although it's a lot of work selling. I look at it as a second job to feed my Angel craze.

No offense to the OP but this is impression that I get as well. It's one thing to resell some of your 4 seats in order to help pay for the season, but it's quite another if you buy 16 more with the sole intent of reselling them. Not to mention that on the rare occasion that you are actually going to use them, you want them swapped out for different seats (although it sounds like it is for a good cause.)

Lawrence, your either a scalper or your not you can't have it both ways. If you resell a  few of your 4 seats to a stranger your a scalper period. Why does it make a difference when it comes to how many tickets you sell? If you see a guy in the parking lot at Angels stadium trying to sell his only two tickets he is a scalper. If you see another guy trying to sell 20 he is also a scalper. I hope you understand there is no difference.

I also use my 14 other seats to repay for the season. I have 2 club MVP seats that cost over 10k a year. Selling 427 seats reduced the loss of going to 30-40 games from 5k a year to break even. I can't afford to spend 5k on Angels games but I can afford to go for free and yes I choose to want to sit in Club MVP.

If I chose not to go to any games I would make around 4-5k which is tempting considering how bad this team is this year but I love my Angels and I will go and suffer with everyone else.

no kidding. I'm shocked the team didn't go out of their way to help you

and lol @ under 20,000 fans/game next year.

Lou,

So I take it in an ideal world you would like no one to resell their tickets and everyone should pay what the Angels box office offers. I also take it you are anti StubHub which offers thousands of seats well below Angels Box office for 80% or more of games.

I would love to know what your position is on stubhub and places that resell tickets. You make it sound like it's bad. Why is that Lou? Do you work for the Angels?

Lawrence, your either a scalper or your not you can't have it both ways. If you resell a  few of your 4 seats to a stranger your a scalper period. Why does it make a difference when it comes to how many tickets you sell? If you see a guy in the parking lot at Angels stadium trying to sell his only two tickets he is a scalper. If you see another guy trying to sell 20 he is also a scalper. I hope you understand there is no difference.

I also use my 14 other seats to repay for the season. I have 2 club MVP seats that cost over 10k a year. Selling 427 seats reduced the loss of going to 30-40 games from 5k a year to break even. I can't afford to spend 5k on Angels games but I can afford to go for free and yes I choose to want to sit in Club MVP.

If I chose not to go to any games I would make around 4-5k which is tempting considering how bad this team is this year but I love my Angels and I will go and suffer with everyone else.

I'm not judging you and I don't think there is anything morally wrong with what you're doing, but I do understand the organization's viewpoint. They are not willing to help you because they are trying to discourage you from consistantly scalping your 16 other seats. They want to pocket the higher proceeds from their seats instead of you. Theoretically if there were no black market resold tickets, the Angels could charge a higher premium for their seats.

Once again I'm just playing the devil's advocate to show why your season seat representative probably wasn't as helpful as he/she could have been.

I'm not judging you and I don't think there is anything morally wrong with what you're doing, but I do understand the organization's viewpoint. They are not willing to help you because they are trying to discourage you from consistantly scalping your 16 other seats. They want to pocket the higher proceeds from their seats instead of you. Theoretically if there were no black market resold tickets, the Angels could charge a higher premium for their seats.

Once again I'm just playing the devil's advocate to show why your season seat representative probably wasn't as helpful as he/she could have been.

I know what the Angels position is on ticket resells. Believe me they did not complain about resells when the SSH base was around 33k. Now that the SSH base is probably around 26K they are not happy because they have a lot more tickets to sell that compete with stubhub and it's harder to sell those especially as the prices have gone higher in the last several years.

So their answer is to alienate the SSH base that resells to get them to give up their seats. I don't know how many people that is but between SSH that resell and SSH who are fed up with the team performance, I really expect the SSH base to fall below 20k next year. If this happens the Angels will have cornered the market because there will be significantly fewer seats for resale on Stubhub and your only choice for going to a game is to buy online at the Angels website  or at the stadium at prices the Angels set. I predict Angels fans will raise the middle finger to that and you will see low attendance numbers we haven't seen in 15 years or more. I hope I'm wrong but this is what my business sense tells me.

Nowani, although I understand where you are coming from, you are making this more difficult that it needs to be. You have been offered a solution to your problem from somebody that works with the Angels in ticketing. Instead of thanking  and taking her up on the offer, you are being stubborn to force the issue with somebody else that closed the door on you. So you've been given a couple other easier solutions but insist on taking the most difficult path.

Angels fans are raising the middle finger not because of the ticket prices, but because of the results on the field. Wins put people in the seats, not the price of the ticket.

Nowani, although I understand where you are coming from, you are making this more difficult that it needs to be. You have been offered a solution to your problem from somebody that works with the Angels in ticketing. Instead of thanking  and taking her up on the offer, you are being stubborn to force the issue with somebody else that closed the door on you. So you've been given a couple other easier solutions but insist on taking the most difficult path.

Angels fans are raising the middle finger not because of the ticket prices, but because of the results on the field. Wins put people in the seats, not the price of the ticket.

I already thanked Patti but declined her help because I don't want this to affect her job. I had already escalated this to the VP of sales and he was not willing to help me like Patti. In fact he was very contrite in saying that because I subsidize tickets he is not willing to help me relocate which is fine. He does not have to. He has the right to refuse this level of service I was asking.

In my job the last 10 years, I provide 24/7 IT support for the top 100 executives of a fortune 20 company that has a worldwide presence. I have seen many people fired on the spot for really insignificant things. I know how VP's and CEO's think and Patti should not go against the grain. It's not worth it.

Also, I have to disagree with you on your last statement. I think prices affect attendance as well even if a team is winning.

This is exactly what the Angels have accused me of and everyone else who posts tickets for sale on Stub hub and Ticket Exchange. Yes it's true but I would rather live in a place of free markets than in a place where prices are controlled and regulated such as Cuba.

If it was not for us scalpers. There would not be thousands of tickets available for well below the high prices at the Angels box office. Of the 82 home games sold on Stubhub most games are sold below Angels pricing. There are some incredible deals happening on Stub hub and anyone with such a good experience feel free to chime in and tell them the great deal you got from a scalper on Stubhub. Why is this possible. It's the Season Ticket holders (AKA scalpers) who are passing along their discount and in many cases losing money on games.

Scalpers in the old days had  a bad rap because they would buy all the tickets for an event then jack up the prices and control the market so you ended up paying 5 to 10 times the face value of the ticket. That is no longer the case these days thanks to the internet and the ability of free markets to regulate this. Many scalpers these days like me can't afford to go to 30-40 angels games a year so we subsidize our season tickets by purchasing other season  tickets to sell. It basically allows us to go for free to all these games although it's a lot of work selling. I look at it as a second job to feed my Angel craze.

They have not accused you of it but they have correctly identified you as one. I don't actually have a problem with you doing this, but the fact that you think you are entitled to Angels helping you do this is pretty funny. Scalp away. Put them on craigslist, put an add in your local paper, stand outside the A with all the other scalpers, etc. They don't have to help you resell their product for a profit on a web-site they have a contract with. 

They have not accused you of it but they have correctly identified you as one. I don't actually have a problem with you doing this, but the fact that you think you are entitled to Angels helping you do this is pretty funny. Scalp away. Put them on craigslist, put an add in your local paper, stand outside the A with all the other scalpers, etc. They don't have to help you resell their product for a profit on a web-site they have a contract with. 

I think the Angels should be willing to move a group of people who have seats in an area that does not support disabled seating and realize they need it later if it will not affect the organization negatively.  Especially when we are asking to be moved to the outer vestiges of left field Pavilion where they will not sell those seats for a low priority game. If it were a game where there was a chance they would be moving us to seats that they would sell I would completely understand.

You think this is issue is about me asking the Angels for help reselling? Reread the thread. I have no problems selling my tickets on stubhub or a group of 30 friends who buy mini-plans and individual games. I also donate $1,000 in tickets to our little league.

You think it's funny that I have asked the Angels to help us make accommodations for a disabled person in our group (part of a little league donation).  Wow! that is  pretty callous.

I think the Angels should be willing to move a group of people who have seats in an area that does not support disabled seating and realize they need it later if it will not affect the organization negatively.  Especially when we are asking to be moved to the outer vestiges of left field Pavilion where they will not sell those seats for a low priority game. If it were a game where there was a chance they would be moving us to seats that they would sell I would completely understand.

You think this is issue is about me asking the Angels for help reselling? Reread the thread. I have no problems selling my tickets on stubhub or a group of 30 friends who buy mini-plans and individual games. I also donate $1,000 in tickets to our little league.

You think it's funny that I have asked the Angels to help us make accommodations for a disabled person in our group (part of a little league donation).  Wow! You are pretty callous.

Please. I'm glad you donate and help people out but on a macro level you also jack up the prices for the non season ticket holder by buying so many games for the sole purpose of making a profit. On top of that you think what you do is providing a service as if we should thank you and cheer you on against the big corporation. I have no problem with the Angels not helping you out as you are the type of ticket consumer they are trying to push back on. 

Please. I'm glad you donate and help people out but on a macro level you also jack up the prices for the non season ticket holder by buying so many games for the sole purpose of making a profit. On top of that you think what you do is providing a service as if we should thank you and cheer you on against the big corporation. I have no problem with the Angels not helping you out as you are the type of ticket consumer they are trying to push back on. 

Can you elaborate how this jacks up the prices? Really seriously. That comment has no data or merit. For next weeks game tell me where you can buy a cheaper ticket in 427? Angel Box office/web site or StubHub? Let me save you the research. Angels $20, Stubhub $9.

For that matter even todays game against the Yankees. 427 seats are selling for $75 on the Angels website and I have my last two tickets on sale in 427 for $50 and they still have not sold. I did not sell one of my tickets for  over $75 as the market does not support that.

Are you against open free markets and people making profit through Entrepreneurship? or do you want the Angels to control (monopolize) the market and charge whatever they decide? What is your feeling on 714 tickets around the corner from the big A. Are they ticket scalpers and driving up the prices?

Can you elaborate how this jacks up the prices? Really seriously. That comment has no data or merit. For next weeks game tell me where you can buy a cheaper ticket in 427? Angel Box office/web site or StubHub? Let me save you the research. Angels $20, Stubhub $9.

For that matter even todays game against the Yankees. 427 seats are selling for $75 on the Angels website and I have my last two tickets on sale in 427 for $50 and they still have not sold. I did not sell one of my tickets for  over $75 as the market does not support that.

Are you against open free markets and people making profit through Entrepreneurship? or do you want the Angels to control (monopolize) the market and charge whatever they decide? What is your feeling on 714 tickets around the corner from the big A. Are they ticket scalpers and driving up the prices?

You have already said the reason you do this is to subsidize your season ticket cost. Well?????? Does it work?????? In order for it to work you have to sell them for more than they cost correct? Are you claiming you do this year after year but constantly lose money? Of course not. If overall you did not sell them for more you would stop. While some games sell for less you make a killing on opening day, Dodgers, July 4, etc. 

If you want your free market then have it. Stop pestering Angels to help you. Stop whining and claiming victim that they don't help you. Sounds like you want them to leave you alone and allow your free market until you want their help and then demand they step back in. 

The fact that you consider yourself an entrepenreur is comical. YOU DON'T CREATE ANYTHING. You take someone else's product and try to manipulate supply/demand to make what you have worth more than what you paid for it. I say go for it, but don't cry victim when you need help.

This would be like me trying to buy a ton of burgers from In N Out in hopes they run out of cheese or their lines get long during lunch and then set up a stand outside selling their burgers. I then need change and run inside to In N Out and I'm shocked they don't help me because I consider myself a loyal customer. 

You have already said the reason you do this is to subsidize your season ticket cost. Well?????? Does it work?????? In order for it to work you have to sell them for more than they cost correct? Are you claiming you do this year after year but constantly lose money? Of course not. If overall you did not sell them for more you would stop. While some games sell for less you make a killing on opening day, Dodgers, July 4, etc. 

If you want your free market then have it. Stop pestering Angels to help you. Stop whining and claiming victim that they don't help you. Sounds like you want them to leave you alone and allow your free market until you want their help and then demand they step back in. 

The fact that you consider yourself an entrepenreur is comical. YOU DON'T CREATE ANYTHING. You take someone else's product and try to manipulate supply/demand to make what you have worth more than what you paid for it. I say go for it, but don't cry victim when you need help.

This would be like me trying to buy a ton of burgers from In N Out in hopes they run out of cheese or their lines get long during lunch and then set up a stand outside selling their burgers. I then need change and run inside to In N Out and I'm shocked they don't help me because I consider myself a loyal customer. 

I'm guessing you don't realize what a load of crap what you wrote is.

I'm not going to spend a lot of time countering what you perceive to be the truth. You seem to be pretty set in what you want to believe. But I'll cover a few of your points.

First, entrepreneurs ( I won't give you a hard time about the spelling. I often come up short in this area too. The English police can handle this) don't just produce, they also distribute, market, wholesale, retail, provide services, etc.

A person/business who buys wholesale and sells retail ( Costco, Amazon, Nowani) is 'creating' something - a market/path to sell someone elses goods for them. Yes, they do this for more than they pay for it.

Manipulate supply/demand? With 16 of about 45k ticket? I don't think so. The one who is trying to manipulate prices/sales is the one with with the hugh number of tickets - the Angels.

As far as In N Out, it would be more like you buying a few burgers, taking them to school and selling them to people in the lunch area. Then asking In N Out to box them in a way they stay warmer. They might not be interested in assisting you, but it's not an unreasonable thing to ask.

And I guess the biggest thing is that, just because someone makes money off selling something to you, does in no way mean you would be able to buy it cheaper without them around.