• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angel Season ticket Customer Service (My diatribe)

Nowani

Must be nice to see the Angels for free.

Well it's not quite free. It takes a lot of work to resell. It's like any other job. There is a website to maintain, tickets to detach, barcodes to enter and spreadsheets to maintain. Tickets to deliver to Stubhub LMS office, updates to check competitive pricing levels each week on stubhub. Also, I sell A LOT of tickets to friends (and their friends and their friends) who love the Angels and I'm able to pass my discount on to them. They buy mini-plans and individual games. They are very loyal because they know they are getting much better pricing than they would at the Angel Box. I also offer them free tickets when my tickets don't sell (about 15-20% of my games).

Each year it's about 100 hours of work and when I calculate profit it turns out I am earning around $30-40 an hour from the work put in ( depending on the year). It's a lot of work but it's fun actually. This is exactly what ticket brokers do but I do it on a very small level. 714 tickets around the corner does this on a very high level with paid employees much larger number of venues and tickets.

Well how many SSH buy extra tickets in the exclusive period before public sales with the sole purpose of re-selling for a profit?

Thought y'all bought extras for friends.

OP bought a whole row to subsidize his season tickets? Whatever.

SSH pay full price at the pre-sale like everyone else which actually precludes making a profit.  For opening day this year, I bought a bunch of extra seats in anticipation of friends and customers wanting to go. I sell them for what they cost me. It's an extra service I offer as thanks for them being loyal customers. However, this year I had very little interest from my friends in going because it was just too expensive. I turned around and resold those on Stubhub and lost money. Deals are better on stubhub for any game even a high profile game like opening day, or Yankees, etc. Yesterday was another example. Angels price for my seats were $75. The highest price I sold any of my 14 in that section was  $64. I sold 2 for $45 about 2 hours before game time.

SSH full season seat discounts are significant compared to regular box office prices and that's what makes resell profitable.

Anyone who has bought tickets on stubhub or 714tickets or any other service has bought tickets from a "scalper".  I don't get the outrage. I sold my tickets for today on Ticket Exchange (actually the first ones I have been able to sell).  I made a few bucks (which helps offset the losses we have already taken this year), the buyer got them for below face value...win/win.

Not sure about customer service.  I reprint tickets a couple times a year.  That's about it.  I wouldn't expect the Angels to accommodate such a request, but it shouldn't matter how many tickets someone buys, resells, or gives to charity.  Not sure it does, either.  

BaseballMom has a good point.  I'm sure everyone on here buys tickets from "scalpers". So, the condescending attitidue is lame (hypocritical if you aren't just being an internet jokester).

Not sure about customer service.  I reprint tickets a couple times a year.  That's about it.  I wouldn't expect the Angels to accommodate such a request, but it shouldn't matter how many tickets someone buys, resells, or gives to charity.  Not sure it does, either.  

BaseballMom has a good point.  I'm sure everyone on here buys tickets from "scalpers". So, the condescending attitidue is lame (hypocritical if you aren't just being an internet jokester).

I was hoping they would allow a switch in order to accommodate this disabled person in our group. They didn't have to and some people on this forum are happy they didn't help me but according to Angels policy they will turn away anyone with that request. That includes those who don't resell.  No exchanges are allowed period with the exception of a ticket for a disabled guest. I should add that my SSH did offer to exchange one of my 14 tickets so our disable guest could go sit by himself in left field. Nice.

Next time I am going to see Patti instead of asking my SSH. By the way this disabled father goes to games all the time and gets tickets swapped out. Not just one but however many tickets he has with him. Two weeks ago I gave him 5 of my seats and he went to the front (probably where Patti is) and they swapped them no problem. That is the right thing to do.

StubHub has unbelievable great customer service. Many, Many times this year I have sent people to the stubhub office when my tickets did not sell for a game. I give them away and the people go pick them up. I can call or email and put the tickets in their name. Stubhub knows that they didn't sell them and for all they know I could have sold them to someone else yet they still help me distribute these. They don't refuse service to one of my guests just because the ticket was not sold through them. Does it create more work for them? Yes? Does it make me want to continue to do business with them when they offer such great service? Yes? A lesson upper Angels management should learn. In fact, I herby promote Patti to VP of sales. She gets great customer service.

Back to our issue. We actually found a solution. We are all going to meet in the Knothole for dinner. I bought 10 tickets in Club Loge for $10 each on Stubhub. This will get our group in to the restaurant and we can enjoy dinner there  then send the boys to the 427 seats.

So originally  I was trying to exchange my seats and buy 11 more from the Angels at their price. Instead I had to come up with a solution that involved stubhub. Not a big deal for the Angels because I don't think they care about my extra $150. It will add up though if they continue to turn away customers with simple requests.

That had to do with his statement about what he does being like any other job. So yes, technically he is a professional scalper.

Is there anything wrong with being a scalper? Since I sell all my tickets lower than the Angels box office price I would like to know what you have against scalpers? Do you prefer to pay the Angels Box office price? Have you even bought a ticket anywhere else other than the Angels Box office? Do you work for the Angels?

Are you still making money this year on the tickets you try to sell?  You must be a good salesperson and work hard.  

I'd love to know how many tickets are being sold via TicketExchange.  

I will make around $3500 profit on my 427 seats. However I am looking at a loss of around $3000 on my club seats which includes all the games I go to. The $500 profit will help cover beer and food since every time I go I run up a tab of $50 or so. All this effort is worth it to have ClubMVP seats as this great location is really only for the very Wealthy or Corporations. What family can afford $10,000 a year for two seats? Not mine. The subsidization of  tickets in LV 427 allows me to do this and I love being close to the action and in the first row of Club MVP. Club MVP Row A to me are the best seats in the stadium.

I have not sold many tickets on the Ticket Exchange. Everything on StubHub. Stubhub has worked exceeding hard to continue helping Angels Season seat holders sell tickets which included opening an office  near the Train Station in Center Field. Opening that office saved me this year as It allows we to sell all the way up to game time. Without that office  I would have been giving up my seats next year as I would have been losing too much money due to the inability to distribute tickets.

I was talking about TicketExchange sales in general, not yours.  It seems like a waste for the Angels and I wonder if they are happy with their decision.  There were a few games recently where prices were roughly the same on TicketExchange and StubHub, but StubHub is so much more likely to sell, it's a no brainer where to list them.  The only reason I'd list them on TicketExchange is because I couldn't get them to StubHub in time.  

When my friend had season tickets in the mid 00's, one year the Angels stopped using their TicketExchange and went to StubHub...I don't know if the new ticketexchange is like the old ticketexchange, but I remember he was very frustrated because it was apparently way easier to list them on the ticketexchange, he never bothered to learn stubhub and stopped being a SSH eventually.

When my friend had season tickets in the mid 00's, one year the Angels stopped using their TicketExchange and went to StubHub...I don't know if the new ticketexchange is like the old ticketexchange, but I remember he was very frustrated because it was apparently way easier to list them on the ticketexchange, he never bothered to learn stubhub and stopped being a SSH eventually.

StubHub was a mess when they changed over from TicketExchange. They have steadily improved their service since then and in particular their website. The 15% commission they charge was more frustrating back then because it did not seem like you got much in return. I get a lot more in return from StubHub now but still wish they could work on getting their commissions lower.

Lou,

So I take it in an ideal world you would like no one to resell their tickets and everyone should pay what the Angels box office offers. I also take it you are anti StubHub which offers thousands of seats well below Angels Box office for 80% or more of games.

I would love to know what your position is on stubhub and places that resell tickets. You make it sound like it's bad. Why is that Lou? Do you work for the Angels?

You might want to read my post again.