• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Red Sox sign Iglesias….

DMVol

Iglesias just took a giant dump on Minasian's couch.

Jose Iglesias offers explanation for his surprising defensive downturn

https://www.audacy.com/weei/sports/red-sox/jose-iglesias-offers-explanation-for-defensive-downturn

Question: "You're one of the best defensive shortstops that any of us have ever seen. This year your defensive numbers are actually really bad. What is the explanation?"

Answer: "It’s fair. It’s fine. The numbers are not there. Not to find excuses, but energy has a lot to do with it. For me, I’m not concerned at all. Zero concerned about my defense or my stats on defense. It’s something I definitely have to improve number-wise. But I know it’s all about energy for me."

When asked to clarify if "energy" was in relation to playing in front of bigger crowds and such, Iglesias added, "Not necessarily. Just be in the moment. Feel connected and play for something. I like to play for something."

34 minutes ago, Blarg said:

https://www.audacy.com/weei/sports/red-sox/jose-iglesias-offers-explanation-for-defensive-downturn

Question: "You're one of the best defensive shortstops that any of us have ever seen. This year your defensive numbers are actually really bad. What is the explanation?"

Answer: "It’s fair. It’s fine. The numbers are not there. Not to find excuses, but energy has a lot to do with it. For me, I’m not concerned at all. Zero concerned about my defense or my stats on defense. It’s something I definitely have to improve number-wise. But I know it’s all about energy for me."

When asked to clarify if "energy" was in relation to playing in front of bigger crowds and such, Iglesias added, "Not necessarily. Just be in the moment. Feel connected and play for something. I like to play for something."

This is funny because I believe his defense was at his worst in the beginning of the season when we were still very much "playing for something".

Edited by rafibomb

28 minutes ago, Blarg said:

So…I wonder how he explains the fact that his shitty defense contributed to the Angels not being able to play for something?

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Play for something? lol  His last 8 years was split between crappy Detroit , Cincinnati , & Baltimore 

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

so much for that clubhouse chemistry motivating guys.  

And what a dogshit excuse this is btw.  Play to win and maybe you can bring some energy to the rest of the team. 

19 hours ago, Blarg said:

What a losers mentality. Hard to see him getting any decent FA offers this offseason after making comments like that... and also sucking.

22 hours ago, Blarg said:

Maybe the Angels would be playing for something if you weren't one of the worst offensive and defensive shortstops in baseball. Iglesias' bad defense affected the entire pitching staff, not just himself.

25 minutes ago, SurfWriter said:

Ouch.  Insults referring to ESPN highlights.  Powerful.  No, I saw action in the games, not in highlights at ESPN.  What's your basis for calling him a weak link.  You got stats like fielding percentage or other evidence for that?  You making the accusation doesn't make it so or make you the authority.  Just saying.

17 minutes ago, SurfWriter said:

Well, ask Fletch or the other guys in the IF how they would rate Iglesias.   It appears that the Red Sox think highly enough of him to sign him, and that's not just out of desperation for more bodies.

Sorry, Iglesias was not a consistent fielder.  He was just another bad decision by Minasian.

3 hours ago, SurfWriter said:

Well, ask Fletch or the other guys in the IF how they would rate Iglesias.   It appears that the Red Sox think highly enough of him to sign him, and that's not just out of desperation for more bodies.

It’s exactly out of desperation.  They have injuries and Covid issues. 

3 hours ago, SurfWriter said:

Additionally Iglesias has started one game total for the Red Sox and they picked him up while their starting SS (Boegarts) was on the IL, he came back yesterday.