• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Red Sox sign Iglesias….

DMVol

11 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s actually really great evidence of how big brained Iglesias is.  Just shitty enough to get himself dropped.  Good enough to get himself picked up for a play off run.  Respect. 

He's not eligible to play in the playoffs, though.  So not sure how satisfying it'll really be.

53 minutes ago, SurfWriter said:

I was sorry to see Jose Iglesias dropped by the Angels.  I guess I understand some reasoning for it, but I think it was a mistake anyway.  Maybe they didn't plan to resign him beyond this year, so this was inevitable anyway.  But I liked him on the team, both on the field and in the dugout as he greeted Ohtani after a HR.  He's a magician in the infield, but I know he also made more errors this year than he has in the past.

i really didn't see anything that warranted being called a "magician" in the infield.

5 hours ago, SurfWriter said:

Wow, you must not have seen many games.  I don't watch entire games very often, and I still saw a number of stellar plays he made. That included one where he stopped a ball going into right field, falling to the ground with the ball in his glove and, without looking, tossed the ball out of his glove backward to the guy covering second on the play to force out the runner.  I saw him make a number of plays that were like that in terms of excellence and degree of difficulty. 

Every single SS makes a handful of amazing plays over the course of 150+ games played. 

9 hours ago, SurfWriter said:

Wow, you must not have seen many games.  I don't watch entire games very often, and I still saw a number of stellar plays he made. That included one where he stopped a ball going into right field, falling to the ground with the ball in his glove and, without looking, tossed the ball out of his glove backward to the guy covering second on the play to force out the runner.  I saw him make a number of plays that were like that in terms of excellence and degree of difficulty. 

Sounds as if you like watching ESPN highlight shows. Yes, he's made some fancy plays but he's also made a lot of errors and was a weak link in the defense