• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Adam Kennedy

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

I would have approached him and said "Thank you for that 2002 ALCS", and left it at that. If he snapped at me I would have simply walked away.

I was surprised one time to see Willie Stargell going to his car after a game at the Big A. It was really him, unmistakeable. This was sometime in the early 1990's. I said thank you for that great World Series in 1979. He seemed uncomfortable and muttered something so I left. Later I thought maybe I made him nervous walking up to him like that. He was by himself. I really wanted to ask him what he was doing in Anaheim but never got the chance.

People are strange. I learned that many moons ago. They're not all wonderful and personable.

Yep.  That pretty much sums it up.

I also think if you expect everyone to act or look or interact with other people in a certain way, you're bound to be disappointed or annoyed by someone's behavior at some point.

I've had quite a few encounters with celebs and athletes over the years, both in professional settings and social settings.  I've generally found that if you act like you would if you were talking to any other person, it usually goes ok.  Sure, some people are just difficult or are assholes, but it's hard to draw that conclusion from the way someone looks at you on a certain day or if they don't want to sign an autograph one day, etc.

Famous/"powerful" people I've had positive interactions with: John Lackey, Dale Murphy, Bob Horner, Steven Spielberg, Kevin Smith, Andy Samberg, Adam Sandler, Dwayne Johnson, Bob Weinstein, Joe Carnahan, Tom Cruise, George Clooney, Michael Mann, Jon Landau, Elizabeth Berkley, Scott Frank, John Milius, Victoria Principal, Lou Ferrigno, etc.

Famous/"powerful" people I've had not-so-great interactions with: 2 of the people I listed earlier as having positive interactions with, an Academy Award-nominated producer who threw a potted plant at me, an Academy Award-winning writer/director and his long-time partner (mostly the partner, who berated me in front of several other people), etc.

9 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yep.  That pretty much sums it up.

I also think if you expect everyone to act or look or interact with other people in a certain way, you're bound to be disappointed or annoyed by someone's behavior at some point.

I've had quite a few encounters with celebs and athletes over the years, both in professional settings and social settings.  I've generally found that if you act like you would if you were talking to any other person, it usually goes ok.  Sure, some people are just difficult or are assholes, but it's hard to draw that conclusion from the way someone looks at you on a certain day or if they don't want to sign an autograph one day, etc.

Famous/"powerful" people I've had positive interactions with: John Lackey, Dale Murphy, Bob Horner, Steven Spielberg, Kevin Smith, Andy Samberg, Adam Sandler, Dwayne Johnson, Bob Weinstein, Joe Carnahan, Tom Cruise, George Clooney, Michael Mann, Jon Landau, Elizabeth Berkley, Scott Frank, John Milius, Victoria Principal, Lou Ferrigno, etc.

Famous/"powerful" people I've had not-so-great interactions with: 2 of the people I listed earlier as having positive interactions with, an Academy Award-nominated producer who threw a potted plant at me, an Academy Award-winning writer/director and his long-time partner (mostly the partner, who berated me in front of several other people), etc.

Did @Taylor’s dad throw a potted plant at you? You probably deserved it.

7 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

He doesn't fit the description I posted.  We did discover not that long ago that I worked on the marketing and research on one of his dad's movies, though.

Damn that’s wild. Honestly, I’m sorry you had to go through that. What a piece of shit.