• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Adam Kennedy

Is kind of a jerk. Saw the guy in the diamond club during the top of the 9th and he gave me the stink eye. Didn’t even want to bother him with a pic or anything but he was super unfriendly—I just smiled at him and he looked pissed—did the same thing to the girl I was with.

A few minutes later I ran into him in the bathroom as I was leaving and he gave me another stink eye and nearly ran into me. Is he a known jerk or something? I’m a bit disappointed since every Angel celebrity I’ve encountered has been very nice.

11 minutes ago, Hells Rainbow said:

I’m not a fan.  That being said you are a man, if he ever gives you think stink eye, tell him to fuck off. 

His performance in 2002 was a big part of my childhood, so I was too stunned to even consider telling him to fuck off. I was pissed though, and found it strange that he was wearing a Dodger blue shirt.

Yeah, dude has always been a bit of a prick. My uncle was his JV coach. The last time I remember being around him in real life was during one of my cousin’s high school games in like ‘97 (maybe ‘96? I just remember it was a scene). His brother was my cousin’s catcher. Dude made an ass of himself screaming at both of them from the stands. Just ridiculous over the top shit too. His brother, Brian, was a super good dude though. Played at LBSU, then in the Twins system for a bit if I recall right.

I can tell you this about AK… during his playing days he always took time to sign for fans before every home game. He and David Eckstein would each have a line of fans waiting for them specifically and signed without fail.

Outside of that, I have no idea what he’s like.

35 minutes ago, itsKnoppUitsme said:

He completely ignored my son and other kids waiting patiently for his autograph after a game.Dude is a complete AHole!

I think most players (not all) take some time to sign, just not all the time. I cannot imagine players making time to sign every single time someone asks or waits for a signature. 

Maybe you caught him when he had some place to go. Who knows?

AK was great at spring training. Timing is everything.

It was post game and other players were out there signing and he walked right past the kids. They were yelling his name and looking at him and he  just went on his way with a scowl on his face and no acknowledgment whatsoever!

this seems to be in line with most of the other narratives on this board about him.

16 minutes ago, itsKnoppUitsme said:

It was post game and other players were out there signing and he walked right past the kids. They were yelling his name and looking at him and he  just went on his way with a scowl on his face and no acknowledgment whatsoever!

this seems to be in line with most of the other narratives on this board about him.

Maybe he is a jerk. I don't know. All I'm saying is he signed a lot, more than most players.  

I hear examples like yours all the time. To expect players to sign every time there's a crowd is unrealistic - regardless of the circumstances, IMO.

Edited by True Grich