• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cubs Promote Hermosillo

Revad

4 minutes ago, mmc said:

Why?  Because a team who sold off nearly all their good position players waited until the middle of August to call him up?

Mostly because I’m disappointed at the immediate depth behind Adell and Marsh.  Also, from the article by Anthony Franco:  “Hermosillo has been brilliant in the minors, raking at a .310/.448/.600 clip and popping ten home runs in 183 trips to the plate while playing all three positions on the grass.”

There was a time where our minor league system was such shit, he was literally the only player worth checking in on a nightly basis. I remember popping into 66ers box scores every so often to keep an eye on him since every other player was just minor league filler. (Turns out he kinda is too) 

2 hours ago, Revad said:

Mostly because I’m disappointed at the immediate depth behind Adell and Marsh.  Also, from the article by Anthony Franco:  “Hermosillo has been brilliant in the minors, raking at a .310/.448/.600 clip and popping ten home runs in 183 trips to the plate while playing all three positions on the grass.”

Now go back and look at Hermosillo's career with the Angels and you will see years of injuries keeping out of the minor league lineup card. I talked with both him and his High School coach and his agent at the AFL a few years ago and both admitted he may need to move to another organization to lose the always injured rap. 

Glad to hear he is experiencing some success and can log a few games before the end of the season on the MLB pay scale. If you are going to play for a team with a losing record be a Cub. Great atmosphere and iconic stadium with fans that love their team to no end along with any new player that comes along. 

3 hours ago, Revad said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/08/cubs-select-michael-hermosillo.html

oops.  We bitched about him but now I wish we had held on to him.

He was out of options and the Angels future is Adell in RF. Could they have kept him in a 4th OF role? Maybe. Guys like Michael, without options remaining, get dropped all the time League-wide. He has tools, for sure, and I hope he makes the best of them in Chicago, but the timing and roster composition did not work in his favor in 2020.

8 hours ago, Blarg said:

Now go back and look at Hermosillo's career with the Angels and you will see years of injuries keeping out of the minor league lineup card. I talked with both him and his High School coach and his agent at the AFL a few years ago and both admitted he may need to move to another organization to lose the always injured rap. 

Glad to hear he is experiencing some success and can log a few games before the end of the season on the MLB pay scale. If you are going to play for a team with a losing record be a Cub. Great atmosphere and iconic stadium with fans that love their team to no end along with any new player that comes along. 

Believe he either grew up a Cubs fan or near Chicago too.

I think he has a shot to be a solid 4th OF for sure, hope he gets extended playing time there to end the season.

5 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Believe he either grew up a Cubs fan or near Chicago too.

I think he has a shot to be a solid 4th OF for sure, hope he gets extended playing time there to end the season.

Definitely rooting for him.  Why did we have infielders plYing outfield and then sign Eaton?  No depth., and Hermosillo would have been that depth.

42 minutes ago, Revad said:

Definitely rooting for him.  Why did we have infielders plYing outfield and then sign Eaton?  No depth., and Hermosillo would have been that depth.

40-man crunch, I believe. Don't think he was out of options but he might have been that too.

Just now, arch stanton said:

That's the one. I guess there's still a chance we lose the Simmons trade

He's been pretty mediocre, but Tampa does have a way of turning anyone into dominant relievers, so we'll find out soon.

Sean Newcomb really disappeared eh?

10 hours ago, Revad said:

He would likely be the outfielder next in line if he was here.  A good fifth outfielder would be nice, given Trout and Upton’s injury history.

A fifth outfielder needs to have options and I’m sure he’s just about out of those.