• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cubs Promote Hermosillo

Revad

23 minutes ago, Hells Rainbow said:

A fifth outfielder needs to have options and I’m sure he’s just about out of those. 

But he did have options this year.  I’m guessing they think of Adams as next in line but that may be at least two years away.  Is there anyone else?  Like depth… would have been useful this year.

42 minutes ago, Revad said:

But he did have options this year.  I’m guessing they think of Adams as next in line but that may be at least two years away.  Is there anyone else?  Like depth… would have been useful this year.

I have no idea if he had options this year.  He came up the same year as Barria and Barria and the Angels had to have an arbitrator decide if Barria still had an option.  He was signed to a minor league deal by the Cubs, which I would think change how his options work. 

He might have an option, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have been a casualty of a R5 crunch. Between adding Adell last year and needing to add Marsh this year, he was getting buried on the depth chart, regardless of his option status. Ward was basically ahead of him too.

Factor in his injuries and the lack of impact when he did see MLB time, it wasn't really worth keeping him even as an optionable 5th OF. The Angels rightly had guys with higher ceilings to turn to for that playing time.

Had he not been injured in '19 when Upton went down for the first half, he might've stuck. Dems da breaks. 

I hope he kicks ass in Chicago.

Edited by totdprods

10 minutes ago, totdprods said:

One-time Angel Rafael Ortega is slashing .325/.383/.500/.883 in 176 PA coming into today's game. 8 doubles, a triple, 6 HR. 

He never really had power but in '19 exploded for 21 HR with the Braves AAA team.

Ortega has some speed and one of the best arms I've seen on the Angels in quite some time. Up there with Vlad's arm in his prime.