• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols sparks speculation with quote about Angels

I wonder if there is some resentment towards Maddon from Pujols?  Maddon spoke numerous times this off season about changing the clubhouse culture and bringing in more adults.  After all of the new acquisitions, guess who is DFA'd early in the season?  It is becoming more apparent that Maddon and Minasian believed that Albert was not the kind of role model needed in the clubhouse.  I think every time Maddon makes a reference to the "clubhouse vibe," it speaks to how much change has occurred by sending him away.

The bottom line, he is a hall of fame player who will always be remembered as a great player while a Cardinal and dead weight as an Angel.

I think getting rid of Pujols was one of the major steps needed for the Angels to begin establishing a new identity.

Probably every player on every team doesn't get along or like others in the organization. Rivals, jealousy, resentment, different personalities, whatever. And every player who has been traded or released has some anger or hurt pride about their former team. 

If he said that he still got along or liked 100% of his old team it would be more suspicious. 

Who knows? When he whispers in Arte's ear in his next Angel incarnation maybe he can sabotage the 5% he doesn't like 

• 1 month later...

I just noticed that Bryce Harper’s lifetime OPS is now almost the same as Pujols’ lifetime OPS.

Harper .915

Pujols .919

Pujols is now #42 lifetime on OPS and now also almost tied with Jason Giambi at .916.

I know “baseball history” doesn’t give a rats ass about lifetime OPS.  But watching this particular number is a pretty honest look at his decline during this uber selfish period of his career where he is chasing 700.