• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rendon having season ending hip surgery

mmc

2 minutes ago, Hells Rainbow said:

They paid the going rate for a great 3rd baseman.  It is dumb to blame Arte for a 31 year old needing surgery.  

I am blaming Arte because because he threw the $250 M at Rendon after he lost out to the Yankees with Cole. I said it then and I still believe it.

Rendon will not age well compared to the other elite 3rd basemen. He doesn't have the same makeup. He's a really nice player, never on a hall of fame track. Broke out at 27, had three elite years, cashed in.

Just now, AngelsFaninGA said:

I don't think we'll have to worry about this for the duration of Rendon's contract

I don’t know. I think the young pitchers we’ve been seeing are a sign of hope. I know Detmers sucked ass his first start but it was a first start. He showed some signs of having good stuff. If they can shore up the pen then they are a contender 

I fully expected to see people saying to not bring back Trout now, even if he is cleared to play, so that we don’t “risk” it with him.

Then, of course, those same people can really pile on how fragile Trout is that he missed the rest of the season from a calf strain.

2 minutes ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

I am blaming Arte because because he threw the $250 M at Rendon after he lost out to the Yankees with Cole. I said it then and I still believe it.

Rendon will not age well compared to the other elite 3rd basemen. He doesn't have the same makeup. He's a really nice player, never on a hall of fame track. Broke out at 27, had three elite years, cashed in.

Sure you go with that.  

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I don’t know. I think the young pitchers we’ve been seeing are a sign of hope. I know Detmers sucked ass his first start but it was a first start. He showed some signs of having good stuff. If they can shore up the pen then they are a contender 

I don’t think he sucked ass.   The art of pitching is to know how to not give up the big hit, to minimize damage.

MLB hitters are going to score in you.  It is a matter of getting the biggest outs and giving up 2 runs instead of 5 or 6.

I don’t expect very young pitchers with no mlb experience yet to step in and be able to get those key outs in high impact situations.

If you have what it takes you gain that ability quickly.  But almost no pitchers have it from day one.

I am really encouraged with what Detmers showed.

6 minutes ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

These kind of contracts pretty much never age well, regardless of player. But when you haven't been able to develop prospects for like a decade straight you have no choice but to rely on the free agent market

1 minute ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

In the jungles of Papua New Guinea to be exact. Internet can be a bit spotty sometimes but I do my best to grace this board with my extensive sportsball acumen

I think one of those venomous spiders bit you.  You're delirious.

Just now, AngelsFaninGA said:

Not sure what you're talking about, I think Michael Jordan will lead the league in touchdowns this year. 

What an idiot.  Michael B. Jordan is an actor.  Not a football player.