• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels minor leaguers blast Arte Moreno for terrible living conditions

mmc

I remember the Hickory Crawdads single A club didn’t make a lot of money back in the day. The local bars took good care of them and they got a lot of poon. Not everything can be measured by salary. This kid obviously has mental issues. As a ball player he may have to eat at Taco Bell but there is no reason he can’t have a different set of DDs slapping him in the face every night. 

8 hours ago, yk9001 said:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/angels/story/2021-07-23/angels-minor-leaguers-housing-advocacy-group

Angels general manager Perry Minasian released a statement Friday afternoon vowing to address the situation.

“What is being reported is unacceptable, and we will look into it and address it,” Minasian said.

Perry assemble a good bullpen and then turn your attention and energy towards the abject poverty in our minor league system..maybe in the off season?

Thanks!

46 minutes ago, REDneck said:

This is interesting...it's not that I have sympathy because I lived the same way or worse from time to time when I was young.

And had a blast!!

But it does sound detrimental to a individual that you want to develop.

Yeah I mean it's different when you are a professional athlete. It's tough to keep on top of your diet and fitness when your living situation is less than ideal. 

When you lived that way, how much did you care about your health? Did you workout? Did you cook your meals and eat clean? 

11 minutes ago, REDneck said:

Perry assemble a good bullpen and then turn your attention and energy towards the abject poverty in our minor league system..maybe in the off season?

Thanks!

You don't get it do you? Read the article. Read the Athletic article on the Mets pitching academy.

The only thing this is about is competitive balance. Our competition is doing things to help develop their players that Arte won't do. Let's hope Minasian has the juice to change the losing culture Arte has created.

4 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

I remember the Hickory Crawdads single A club didn’t make a lot of money back in the day. The local bars took good care of them and they got a lot of poon.

This.

Compare that to most other 18-24 year olds..... who didnt go to school, or have a skillset that the general public is looking to pay for.

Again. Id like to see the Angels invest in these guys. Give them top notch equipment, and the best coaches money can buy. Treat them like an investment, that youll one day make a huge profit off of.

But at the end of the day, the overwhelming majority of them are one step above high school ball, and will never make it to the show. And theyre hanging out down there, knowing it, but dont want to "leave school" yet.

The guy this article centers on. Most of his homies he grew up with went through the same thing at his age.... but didnt get a signing bonus when they got to their kid job. I think its playing up sympathy to associate the money MLB makes for someone who isnt a MLB player. He wants the pay of a pro ball player, but doesnt have their skill.

Its like guys who go play in Mexico wanting MLB contracts.

5 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

This.

Compare that to most other 18-24 year olds..... who didnt go to school, or have a skillset that the general public is looking to pay for.

Again. Id like to see the Angels invest in these guys. Give them top notch equipment, and the best coaches money can buy. Treat them like an investment, that youll one day make a huge profit off of.

But at the end of the day, the overwhelming majority of them are one step above high school ball, and will never make it to the show. And theyre hanging out down there, knowing it, but dont want to "leave school" yet.

The guy this article centers on. Most of his homies he grew up with went through the same thing at his age.... but didnt get a signing bonus when they got to their kid job. I think its playing up sympathy to associate the money MLB makes for someone who isnt a MLB player. He wants the pay of a pro ball player, but doesnt have their skill.

Its like guys who go play in Mexico wanting MLB contracts.

Yes we should probably do better but this kid comes off as entitled. I doubt I made 400k my first 12 years of service. My son plays with guys in Mexico who can really only afford one meal a day. They show up 5-6 hours a day thankful for the opportunity to make a few dollars and hoping to make it big. 

5 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

No one is telling Arte anything.

Keep deflecting from the fact that this organization could be run better. Tell me it's being run well. Do it.

14 minutes ago, NrM said:

Yeah I mean it's different when you are a professional athlete. It's tough to keep on top of your diet and fitness when your living situation is less than ideal. 

When you lived that way, how much did you care about your health? Did you workout? Did you cook your meals and eat clean? 

The organization should do everything possible to optimize the potential talent with these guys.

But to what degree??

I mean do they have to be treated like Drago in Rocky 3...

Scientists..nutrionists.psychologists.etc

I mean where does it end?

Do u want to pay $500 dollars for a shitty seat to go and see a game.

I lived off top ramen and pork and beans at points in my early 20's and was strong as a ox.

20 minutes ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

You don't get it do you? Read the article. Read the Athletic article on the Mets pitching academy.

The only thing this is about is competitive balance. Our competition is doing things to help develop their players that Arte won't do. Let's hope Minasian has the juice to change the losing culture Arte has created.

Why would u assume I don't get it?

I understand the bigger picture, but I would like our GM to address the immediate needs of the team that matters right now before he delves into this mess

36 minutes ago, REDneck said:

Why would u assume I don't get it?

I understand the bigger picture, but I would like our GM to address the immediate needs of the team that matters right now before he delves into this mess

Yes when we win the division , Sizlin and dancing girls for everyone 

1 hour ago, REDneck said:

The organization should do everything possible to optimize the potential talent with these guys.

But to what degree??

I mean do they have to be treated like Drago in Rocky 3...

Ha! Shoes what you know

Drago was Rocky 4

Fubny enough, earlier in this thread i was gonna mention rocky 3. Rocky got soft from money.... Clubber Lange stayed hungry because he was broke

9 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ha! Shoes what you know

Drago was Rocky 4

Fubny enough, earlier in this thread i was gonna mention rocky 3. Rocky got soft from money.... Clubber Lange stayed hungry because he was broke

You're right and that's my bad!!

I should of known better bc Rocky 3 is my favorite after the original.

That whole running on the beach thing and finally winning!

This thread makes me remember why don't post here much anymore.. the same dick heads posting the same shit..

That and the fact that the Angels suck year after year, and have ownership and a front office who can't seem to figure out how to get any better. 

The ball club is unwatchable, and the chat forum is unreadable...

Sigh..

3 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

This thread makes me remember why don't post here much anymore.. the same dick heads posting the same shit..

That and the fact that the Angels suck year after year, and have ownership and a front office who can't seem to figure out how to get any better. 

The ball club is unwatchable, and the chat forum is unreadable...

Sigh..

I've missed you. 

16 minutes ago, REDneck said:

You're right and that's my bad!!

I should of known better bc Rocky 3 is my favorite after the original.

That whole running on the beach thing and finally winning!

Mickey dying is still the saddest part of the whole series. Maybe of any movie.

Id quote Rocky here when Mickey dies, but I dont think any of it was an actual word.