• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Maid's tip prevents possible Vegas-style shooting at Coors Field for the All Star game

yk9001

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Saw that. And it very well could have been a mass shooter. Just odd that there were multiple people involved.... thats more lone wolf / suicide shit.... not sure three other people would be that pissed at the divorce.

But who knows. Crazier things have happened.

When an episode of 'Wife Swap' goes terribly, terribly wrong.

5 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Saw that. And it very well could have been a mass shooter. Just odd that there were multiple people involved.... thats more lone wolf / suicide shit.... not sure three other people would be that pissed at the divorce.

But who knows. Crazier things have happened.

The 2015 San Bernardino attack had 2 shooters, and an attempted bombing.

"The Federal Bureau of Investigations released a statement Sunday, saying they are not aware of any threats to the All-Star Game and have no reason to believe Friday's arrests were connected to the event at this time.

"We have no reason to believe this incident was connected to terrorism or a threat directed at the All-Star Game. We are not aware of any threat to the All-Star Game events, venues, players, or the community at this time," the statement read."

12 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

"The Federal Bureau of Investigations released a statement Sunday, saying they are not aware of any threats to the All-Star Game and have no reason to believe Friday's arrests were connected to the event at this time.

"We have no reason to believe this incident was connected to terrorism or a threat directed at the All-Star Game. We are not aware of any threat to the All-Star Game events, venues, players, or the community at this time," the statement read."

So the headlines were just to instill fear and get clicks? No way!!

22 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

The 2015 San Bernardino attack had 2 shooters, and an attempted bombing.

True. Very true. But they were a married jihad team.

Both on the same page, trying to get to hajiville as martyrs

I just dont see 3 other people going "youre getting divorced? Fuck it, Ill go down with you"

Crazier things have happened, so I could be wrong. But husband / wife martyr team is more understandable than "bros before hos" team, to me at least

And some of you already beat me to it. There absolutely are instances where there have been more than one shooter. Maybe this was, too. Buuut.... those involved 2 loner kids, and religious / terrorism plots. Like the Oklahoma City bombing (political terrorism). 

But 99 percent of the time its solo loner loser guy

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

True. Very true. But they were a married jihad team.

Both on the same page, trying to get to hajiville as martyrs

I just dont see 3 other people going "youre getting divorced? Fuck it, Ill go down with you"

Crazier things have happened, so I could be wrong. But husband / wife martyr team is more understandable than "bros before hos" team, to me at least

One of the four people who were arrested is a woman.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Are you assuming her gender? 

Read the article.

"In total, three men and one woman were arrested Friday night, along with two vehicles which were also impounded to be processed for possible evidence. "

Edited by jsnpritchett

6 hours ago, failos said:

The FBI will find something.

The FBI found "no connection" between the arrest and the All Star Game. Let's see...1,000 rounds of ammunition, more than a dozen weapons, body armor and a balcony overlooking the downtown area, where the ballpark is located. Nope, no connection.

1 minute ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

The FBI found "no connection" between the arrest and the All Star Game. Let's see...1,000 rounds of ammunition, more than a dozen weapons, body armor and a balcony overlooking the downtown area, where the ballpark is located. Nope, no connection.

Strange how quickly they determined that. There’s obviously some info we’re not privy to that ruled out a mass shooting.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think it’s more likely a click bait headline 

From reading the article and the tweaks/additions that have been made to it over time, it seems like local PD and hotel security sources probably framed it that way (i.e., as possibly linked to the All-Star Game) for the initial reporting, then the FBI came in and said, "let's tap the brakes, folks."

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

From reading the article and the tweaks/additions that have been made to it over time, it seems like local PD and hotel security sources probably framed it that way (i.e., as possibly linked to the All-Star Game) for the initial reporting, then the FBI came in and said, "let's tap the brakes, folks."

Why even frame it a certain way when they didn’t know the motives? Speculating and then making statements like that is irresponsible. 

Edited by Jason

Just now, Jason said:

Why even frame it a certain way when they didn’t know the motives? Speculating and then making statements like that is irresponsible. 

I'm not disputing that it was irresponsible if that was, in fact, what occurred.  I'm just proposing a likely sequence of events, given how things have changed in the article since it was originally posted last night.