• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Race to oblivion ! Afghanistan vs. South Vietnam edition

Collapse !  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which pathetic puppet entity will collapse faster !?

• Afghanistan
    • South Vietnam (fell approximately 2 years after withdrawal of US forces)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, cals said:

Fuck sake, is he the terrorist here?  For some reason I kept thinking it was @failos but he’s adamant he loves Jesus.  Well I think you showed a shitload of restraint and these homos here should be acknowledging that fact.

Afghani ppl != middle eastern Christians.

I think there’s a reasonably decent chance that resistance to the Taliban will stiffen up as they close in on the Hazara heartland.  The Hazara and Pashtun are traditionally ethnic enemies.  It looks to me that the areas that haven’t fallen to the Taliban are the Hazara areas.  So the center of the country. 

If the Taliban don’t go too crazy massacring Hazara it’ll probably end pretty quickly.  If they’re still committed to killing them then there will be more serious fighting.  It’ll be interesting to see what Iran does.  The Hazara are largely Shia.  I don’t really think that Iran is too keen to get tangled up in all this but who knows.  Back in ‘98 Iran was ready to go to war with the Taliban.  Anyway It is possible that the Taliban will take a more conciliatory posture with the Hazara.  We’ll see. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

The Taliban definitely has a bit more uhhh cosmopolitan make up now than it did back in the early 2000’s.  My understanding is that they’ve been able to recruit out of the Turkmen, Uzbek, and Tajik ethnic minorities which once upon a time made up the bulk of the northern alliance.  Which was the force that was used to drive out the Taliban back in 2001 or whatever it was.  So there has been some kind of new arrangement with these groups because at least to some degree they’re fighting with the Taliban. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Biden to Send 5,000 Troops to Afghanistan for U.S. Personnel Evacuation

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-to-send-5-000-troops-to-afghanistan-for-u-s-personnel-evacuation-11628974596

President Biden said in a statement Saturday he would send approximately 5,000 U.S. troops to safely evacuate U.S. and allied personnel, a force slightly larger than the 3,000 personnel already in transit back to Afghanistan.

22 hours ago, Rico said:

He can be a dumb fuck at times, but also completely right about pulling out of there. Both Obama and Trump lacked the balls to actually do it.

Obama didn't want this collapse on his record along with the Syria collapse when ISIS raged through there and Iraq. Trump kept pulling troops out and got criticized because this instability was bound to happen and the generals didn't want their 20 years to look like wasted time. But the drawdown of troops was initiated by Trump, not Biden. 

48 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Obama didn't want this collapse on his record along with the Syria collapse when ISIS raged through there and Iraq. Trump kept pulling troops out and got criticized because this instability was bound to happen and the generals didn't want their 20 years to look like wasted time. But the drawdown of troops was initiated by Trump, not Biden. 

Correct, though I don't recall him ever "keeping pulling troops out".