• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Race to oblivion ! Afghanistan vs. South Vietnam edition

Collapse !  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which pathetic puppet entity will collapse faster !?

• Afghanistan
    • South Vietnam (fell approximately 2 years after withdrawal of US forces)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a tragic ending to a mess of a war.

i wonder if any of the equipment we left behind has self-destruct capabilities. we've been very wary of letting countries like iran get a hold of some of our military technology. that could have serious repercussions down the road.

in the coming weeks/months it won't surprise me if we hear about a series of aerial attacks that wipe out the drones and hummers we left behind.

12 minutes ago, Tank said:

a tragic ending to a mess of a war.

i wonder if any of the equipment we left behind has self-destruct capabilities. we've been very wary of letting countries like iran get a hold of some of our military technology. that could have serious repercussions down the road.

in the coming weeks/months it won't surprise me if we hear about a series of aerial attacks that wipe out the drones and hummers we left behind.

You think we would have come up with something after the same exact thing happened in Iraq back in 2014 with their Army leaving everything in the hands of ISIS.

Hmm.  Seems convenient to leave them a shit load of materiel.  Seems like a good excuse for why we have produce and sell/buy even more of the garbage.  Since they’ll have to be fought or whatever.  Seems like this exact same situation plays itself out over and over and over and over.  Almost makes you wonder about whether it’s on purpose or not. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Republicans who were giving Biden credit for this are now 'testing the fences' to see where they can safely criticize him.

I’m sure the lanyard fucking freaks in Washington are working on the next place that needs freedom.  My guess is somewhere in Latin America.  Mix in the China boogey man.  We can have bigger and bigger military budgets at the expense of everything else for infinity. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

16 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Sure, but it's naive to think that this represents any sort of actual withdrawal of the United States from the middle east.

The proxies.  Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel.  Egypt and Jordan are also in that category to a slightly different degree.  They’ve got the handful of troops in Iraq that will come and go.  JSOC is active in Syria.  We’re talking about the Middle East but also in Africa its sort of the same theatre and worth mentioning.  JSOC is answerable to basically no one other than the executive branch.  It’s become something of a praetorian guard.  Who knows what they’re up to.  They’re wildin out all over the place. 

the thing to watch is the increasing rise of these private security firms.  Those fucking psychopaths are increasingly going to be replacing traditional armed forces.  Even ours. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Hmm.  Seems convenient to leave them a shit load of materiel.  Seems like a good excuse for why we have produce and sell/buy even more of the garbage.  Since they’ll have to be fought or whatever.  Seems like this exact same situation plays itself out over and over and over and over.  Almost makes you wonder about whether it’s on purpose or not. 

4 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

The proxies.  Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel.  Egypt and Jordan are also in that category to a slightly different degree.  They’ve got the handful of troops in Iraq that will come and go.  JSOC is active in Syria.  We’re talking about the Middle East but also in Africa its sort of the same theatre and worth mentioning.  JSOC is answerable to basically no one other than the executive branch.  It’s become something of a praetorian guard.  Who knows what they’re up to.  They’re wildin out all over the place. 

the thing to watch is the increasing rise of these private security firms.  Those fucking psychopaths are increasingly going to be replacing traditional armed forces.  Even ours. 

The primary proxy war is Saudi vs Iran. Once again the US is all over the place. Establishment on both sides funding the Saudis while Obama managed to suck the Ayatollah off and fund isis at the same time. Now the reps we’re right there with him on the isis funding and  both party establishments are getting paid by governments and contractors. 

1 hour ago, Kotchman said:

The primary proxy war is Saudi vs Iran. Once again the US is all over the place. Establishment on both sides funding the Saudis while Obama managed to suck the Ayatollah off and fund isis at the same time. Now the reps we’re right there with him on the isis funding and  both party establishments are getting paid by governments and contractors. 

Sigh.  You’re not understanding what I’m saying.  Those states that I mentioned are all American proxy governments.  ALF was talking about the US never completely withdrawing from the Middle East.  And that’s right vis a vis our commitment to those clients.   I’m not going to argue with you about Obama.  I don’t care about defending him.  I’m not interested in whatever right wing bullshit you’re going to prattle on about.  Presumably you’re talking about *their* money that he released back to them per the terms of the the nuclear agreement.  In my view that’s not “sucking off” the ayotollah.  Anyway, I don’t care about arguing about it like I said.  I’ll say that imo he was right to try and de escalate tensions with the Iranians in the same way that Trump was right with the North Koreans.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

13 minutes ago, Rico said:

He can be a dumb fuck at times, but also completely right about pulling out of there. Both Obama and Trump lacked the balls to actually do it.

This is the timeframe that Trump set to pull troops out. So this is one of those times they are both in agreement. 

18 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Sigh.  You’re not understanding what I’m saying.  Those states that I mentioned are all American proxy governments.  ALF was talking about the US never completely withdrawing from the Middle East.  And that’s right vis a vis our commitment to those clients.   I’m not going to argue with you about Obama.  I don’t care about defending him.  I’m not interested in whatever right wing bullshit you’re going to prattle on about.  Presumably you’re talking about *their* money that he released back to them per the terms of the the nuclear agreement.  In my view that’s not “sucking off” the ayotollah.  Anyway, I don’t care about arguing about it like I said.  I’ll say that he was right to try and de escalate tensions with the Iranians in the same way that Trump was right with the North Koreans.  

I was talking about the money he dropped in the desert as well. I agree with a lot of what your saying. The question is why are we there. Mostly to do with politicians getting rich. One of the main reasons trump was so disliked. He unleashed American energy. Establishment types neuter our energy while cutting overseas deals that end up lining their pockets

8 minutes ago, cals said:

I know man. You’re like a rural, more patient version of me.  I respect your restraint and it’s honestly what pisses off those here most that dislike you.  

I figure I can whip most their asses so I no need to get upset over words they likely wouldn’t say in person.