• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Roberto Baldoquin Sighting!

Was minding my own business attending a spousal work-mandated Indie League baseball matchup between the Lexington Legends and the Gastonia Honey Hunters, and guess who steps up to the plate?

(They define "Legends" a little differently here in Lexington.)

Turns out, the key to unlocking his potential was pitting him against sub-single-A-level Atlantic League pitching.  Batting .421/.540/.684 over 38 ABs.

IMG_2493.thumb.jpg.b7b68e0789162bf569457e87df91659d.jpg

IMG_2495.jpg

1 hour ago, Justin said:

It's gonna be awesome when he wins Rookie of the Year for the Dodgers in 2024. At the age of 30. I wonder who will play Dipoto in the Disney movie. 

He's managing that team for no good reason other than he is a reflection of Jerry (just strip away the glasses).....

R71f26b2876773498ca6245e8173ad7f7.jpeg

34 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

This is as good of a thread as any.

Was gonna make a separate thread about how Vlad Jr is doing. 

The baldoquin instead of Vladito thing will suck for a decade.

All Baldoquin and Vladdy Jr. threads should come with a NSFW warning.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

The baldoquin instead of Vladito thing will suck for a decade forever.

Fixed it.  

(except, it's not fixable.  I've heard sacrificing Dipoto's nuts over a hot fire (whilst still attached to the owner) could fix it.  I'm skeptical, but willing to give it a chance.)

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

This is as good of a thread as any.

Was gonna make a separate thread about how Vlad Jr is doing. 

The baldoquin instead of Vladito thing will suck for a decade.

I knew he was having a great season but did not realize just how great until watching Baseball Tonight this afternoon. He has the Triple Crown right now and his OPS is over 1.1. 

My God. 

15 minutes ago, Justin said:

I knew he was having a great season but did not realize just how great until watching Baseball Tonight this afternoon. He has the Triple Crown right now and his OPS is over 1.1. 

My God. 

Compared to Vlad jr.  good deal.

When I get my time machine working, the Baldoquin/Vladdy Jr thing will be one of the first things I fix.

In fact, it might be the first.  I can do the 'tell a young Adolph Hitler his art is really quite good and he should stick with it' thing second.

Actually Hitler might be third.  I gotta stop the Blazers drafting Sam Bowie 2nd overall in 1984 also.

48 minutes ago, Lazorko Saves said:

When I get my time machine working, the Baldoquin/Vladdy Jr thing will be one of the first things I fix.

In fact, it might be the first.  I can do the 'tell a young Adolph Hitler his art is really quite good and he should stick with it' thing second.

Actually Hitler might be third.  I gotta stop the Blazers drafting Sam Bowie 2nd overall in 1984 also.

If you have time, see if you can do something about Godfather III. Much appreciated. 

2 hours ago, DCAngelsFan said:

Fixed it.  

(except, it's not fixable.  I've heard sacrificing Dipoto's nuts over a hot fire (whilst still attached to the owner) could fix it.  I'm skeptical, but willing to give it a chance.)

do you want kindling or a lighter?

i have nothing but time this summer so i'm up for an adventure.

13 hours ago, Justin said:

My God. 

Yep. Looks like he finally arrived.

Apart from the baldoquin thing, Vlad jr is one of the few guys from another team I like. Merely because of his dad, of course. But hes gonna be fun to watch over the next decade.

Now bring the baldoquin thing back. Aye yay yay.

Its baffling that dipoto aside, nobody in the org thought that one out before it went down.

But who knows. Maybe Vlad Sr didnt want him coming here or something.

38 minutes ago, Justin said:

True, we really don't know much of anything about matters like this... but it's so much more fun to shit on Dipoto, ain't it?

Meh, his Baldoquin move stands alone in its excretory glory even without factoring in Vlad Jr.  

Baldoquin's slash line at Las Tunas (Cuban league) the year before we signed him .279/.372/.324 - the mystery is what Dipoto saw in him to make him think "whoo!  I've found Kong!"

14 hours ago, Lazorko Saves said:

I'll volunteer to go with you, but do I have to bring my own weapons?