• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021-2022 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

1 hour ago, deepdrive said:

They looked good. Stolarz was meh. Gibson could have won that game. Why wasn't he starting? You would think you go with your #1 goalie at home and let Stolarz face Vegas on the road.

Makes you wonder how many were auditioning for the Sabres.  

7 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I'm liking Terry more and more all the time. And, I liked him a lot before. The guy would have been a steal falling out of the first ten picks. We got a gift. Just so noticeably more talented than most NHL players.

Yeah, Terry looks good.  What's up with Steel though.  barely played tonight.  Injured?  Trade?

Steel:  It's the Ducks. My bet is they can't bring him out of his mental funk. So, they will probably give up on him. He's not really Bob's type of player anyhow. 

I'm more concerned with Comtois. He just doesn't seem to be playing with much confidence. He looks slow out there - and hesitant.

7 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Steel:  It's the Ducks. My bet is they can't bring him out of his mental funk. So, they will probably give up on him. He's not really Bob's type of player anyhow. 

I'm more concerned with Comtois. He just doesn't seem to be playing with much confidence. He looks slow out there - and hesitant.

But the thing is, he had those two goals the first game he got in.  Which wasn't long ago.  So he shouldn't be in a funk.  Steel had less time than Grant.  6:42 vs 8:00.  This might be it though, Steel -3, Grant -2, Comtois -2, Fowler -2, Manson -3.  Only guys on the wrong side of the ledger.  Big difference is Fowler played 25 minutes.  Where Steel 6:42, Grant 8:00, Comtois 12:48, Manson 17:31.

Milano has skills. He may not be the complete player they want him to be. But we need scorers and he can be a scorer. They just need to not mess with him. Keep putting him out there and work on his weaknesses.

Last year, Comtois put the puck in the net a high percentage of time when he had the chance. It doesn't sound like much. But look at how many players miss what seems like a good opportunities to score. He made a lot of those shots last year.

Hey, it's still early. The Ducks look good, except for the finish. 

4 hours ago, deepdrive said:

I don't think we're going to get a top 5 pick.

😢

Missed the game today since I was camping.  But man, has Montreal taken a lot of steps back.  

Ducks on the other hand.  Grats to Getzlaf.  Glad he was able to do it at home.  Henrique is just quietly getting the job done.  Shattenkirk, please keep it up so you have big trade value at the deadline.  And looking at the team stats.  Lundestrom has quietly been one of our top scorers.  I really thought he was having a down year, till I looked at the team stats.  

I still like what I see on the ice.  It'll be interesting to see what happens if we are close to a playoff spot come trade deadline time.  Do we stay the course and consider this year a lost year, and build for 2022-23 like we should.  Or do we go for it?

Ok, prepare to have your mind blown.  Looking at the standings.  Granted, the Ducks have a few games in hand over almost the entire league.  But right now, they are third in the entire league in Goals For.  For a team that was abysmal last year in finding the net, man that is just one heck of a surprising stat.

Just saw the hit on Z.  This will be an interesting call by player safety.  Looked like he left his feet to make the hit.

I will say this though.  Milano immediately goes after Paquette.  Even though Milano was definitely outgunned.  That's makes me like him more and more.