• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021-2022 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Bob Murray Resigns From Position as Ducks EVP & General Manager

Following is a statement from Bob Murray:

"I want to apologize to anyone adversely affected by my behavior. I vow to make changes to my life, starting with enrolling in a treatment program. I want to thank Henry and Susan Samueli, and Michael Schulman, as working for them has been one of the highlights of my career. As I step away from the Ducks, I will focus my attention on where it should be: improving my life for the betterment of my family and friends." 

Good luck to him.  Sounds alcohol related, so hopefully he gets the help he needs.  

All I have to do is remember how the guy treated Bruce and I have no problem with him being gone. Bob had more to do with us coming up short those seasons than Bruce did. Instead of taking responsibility, he dumped it on the guy below him. Then, had the nerve to say he would understand because he was a hockey guy. I think we should be better off without him. good riddance.

I wish I would have seen the 1st period. Slept right through it.

Two more goals by Terry. The guy is on fire. Hope he cools down slowly. Don't want to see a fall off.

As far as Soloman 'won't change plans', don't be an idiot. Bob never had a real plan. You need to change from that and show an ability to improve. Otherwise let Maddon run things.

It was good to see Mahura score. You could see in his play afterwards, he felt good about it

17 hours ago, deepdrive said:

I wish I would have seen the 1st period. Slept right through it.

Two more goals by Terry. The guy is on fire. Hope he cools down slowly. Don't want to see a fall off.

As far as Soloman 'won't change plans', don't be an idiot. Bob never had a real plan. You need to change from that and show an ability to improve. Otherwise let Maddon run things.

It was good to see Mahura score. You could see in his play afterwards, he felt good about it

1st period was amazing.  I think I put up that it was the best period of the season for the Ducks.

As for Soloman.  I think he's in a position to really make a mark, and it may be that the Samueli's are going to see if he can do it.  Right now, you have to admit, that Murray stumbled upon a really good team.  But you also know Murray, and the meatheads rule.  Soloman is in a really good position to say go young and fast.  And hopefully he won't hang onto the meatheads that were Murrays favorites. 

UFA's after this season, Manson, Lindholm, Rakell, Deslauriers.  I love Rakell.  I wish he would stay on long term with the team.  But this team has been clicking well without him.  On top of that, hopefully Soloman sees the trend that is the NHL right now.  Young players are getting paid.  That means Z, Drysdale, McTavish are going to get paid.  And Terry and Ludestrom is not making it easier.  So can you pay Rakell, and still have enough for the young guns?  

Deslaurier.  He does have a place on this team.  He is the enforcer, and that is a commodity in the NHL, especially in the playoffs.  He's a good 4th liner.  But the Ducks have Comtois, McTavish, and most likely to fit in that enforcer category is Jones.  Hopefully last nights game in which Comtois stood up for Lundestrom right away will have him put back on Z's line to get him going.  But in any case, Deslaurier on an expiring deal will probably be a hot commodity at trade deadline time.  

Manson.  You all know my position on him.  And now that Murray's gone, it's time for him to go.  And on top of that, look at the reasons for Rakell as the same reasons for Manson.  He makes $4.1 million this season.  I can't see the Ducks affording close to that.  

Lindholm.  I'm on the fence with him now.  He is really forming a chemistry with Drysdale.  But again, money is going to be the factor.  And we really do have a lot of left wing young guys that are itching to find a spot on the big club.  

Because everything is really going to come down to future money.  Soloman might be the best GM shot, even if he says they won't change plans.  Because right now is a youth movement, and not changing plans might be the best course.  Which also hopefully means jettisoning the old, to get more youth.

Ducks Prospects: Pastujov, Alexander, Gulls & More

Pastujov now leads the OHL in points with 26 and is tied for the league lead in goals with 14. He has played 15 games.

The AHL rules are archaic and need to be changed.  Pastujov should be with the Gulls, not at the OHL level past development.  Kind of the same scenario McTavish is in.  

Oh and that Perreault kid.  11 pts 4+7 in 9 games.

The only one he called a contender. I'm not buying it though. I think a lot still has to come together. I think this team is 2-3 years away from being what it could be. 

I've been thinking about Henrique and what happened last season. How possible is the scenario that Bob said something or messaged/text something to him and he stood up to his BS. Then Bob retaliated with the moves he made. I wouldn't be surprised to find out Henrique is a big part of the complaints to the NHL. The whole thing never made sense to me and this possibility does.

31 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

The only one he called a contender. I'm not buying it though. I think a lot still has to come together. I think this team is 2-3 years away from being what it could be. 

I've been thinking about Henrique and what happened last season. How possible is the scenario that Bob said something or messaged/text something to him and he stood up to his BS. Then Bob retaliated with the moves he made. I wouldn't be surprised to find out Henrique is a big part of the complaints to the NHL. The whole thing never made sense to me and this possibility does.

I'll take contender.  But also realize if we fall, that this year was a rebuilding year anyways.  This start is like having a 4 change of plane flight in economy, and getting that first leg upgraded to first class for no reason.   

As for BM, I wouldn't doubt it at this point.  Everything about Henrique didn't make sense.  Why him and not anyone else.  When you hear the players talk, they definitely hold Rico in high regard.  His work ethic always seems to be there.  He never complained, or at least never publicly.  Even after the demotion, he was always professional.  Terry's ascendance is probably an equal amount of Getzlaf and Rico.  

So yeah, it'll be interesting to see if Rico was what brought Murray down.  Someone had to say something, and him or someone on his behalf makes a lot of sense.