• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021-2022 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

On 11/22/2021 at 7:46 PM, deepdrive said:

Which one do you use?

The only one i have been able to make work is onurb88. You have to play with it a bit. But it's always worked for me.

you should know by now it'll be something you've never heard of.

On 11/22/2021 at 8:05 PM, gotbeer said:

Weakspell usually.  Tried a few, and none of them worked, so just listened to the game.

I was never able to get weakspell to work.

With onurb88, you have to wait it out. It's two steps. First goal is to get the button on the top center to open up (Even if it doesn't look like it's open, sometimes you can click on it and it will work anyway.). Wait for the ad to play (maybe click the ad button closed?). Anyway, click the top center button and it will take you to the streaming site (comments on the right and a big play button in the middle of the left 2/3 of the screen).

Now it's just a wait game of clicking on the play button and it opening a new window. Let it play (it's trying to load an ad feature on your computer. I have Eset virus protection on my computer and it easily blocks it.) Close the window and go back to the previous site. Click on the play button again. I usually have to do this twice. The third time (When the little loading dots show up) it streams the game (I've had it go to stream after one time and three times. I don't know why the difference. Maybe wait time on my part?)

4K picture is really nice - streams well.  You don't get your choice of announcers though. It varies between Ducks, other teams and national broadcast.

19 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Yeah, that was strange looking.  Not that I can see the game.  Damn virus protection is saying all the stream links are infected.

Your protection won't just block the download? The site I referenced above is on. It didn't even try to load the ad app this time. Get ESET. It blocks everything for me.

10 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Avs rolling. That's 36 goals over the 6 game win streak all without MacKinnon. Kadri in beast mode. Makar in his 3rd season working on his HoF resume

You have Makar.  And you have Drysdale.  Both highly touted young Dmen.  

Drysdale isn't in Makar's class.  Even if Drysdale had 2 points last night.  

@deepdrive  So I was thinking about it some last night.  Just to talk myself off the ledge.  

And the more I was thinking, the more Boeser seems like a fit.  Here is what is missing on this team right now.  Coincidentally, right when the slide hits.  Rico, McTavish, Jones.  You know what all three of these do exceptionally well?  They go to the front of the net.  They don't rack up the points.  But they are exceptionally good at getting in the way of the goalie seeing pucks being thrown at them.  

Case in point, last night, the two goals we scored were from right in front of the net.  First one, well, the goalie needs to invest in some decent equipment.  Still, Milano was right in front of the net to get it.  Second one though was directly as a result of blocking out the goalie and getting a good touch on the puck.  But again, if the goalie can see it, then chances of him making the save greatly improve.  

Rico coming back will help the one line, and free up Terry to rack up the points.  But the injury to Jones is going to be a while, and the money saving banishment of McTavish is going to cost us games. 

I don't know.

I really don't even know who is calling the shots at the Ducks right now or if anyone with possibly the pull to make a significant move, would be willing to do so. I would be surprised to see a trade that reflects on whether the ducks keep rebuilding or go with what they have take place until this season settles out a little more. That I think is at least 10 games away and more if they look the way they look now in 10, 20, maybe even 25-30 games from now.

The Ducks management isn't going to buy into the seriousness of the current play, if for no other reason than the 20-9-5 start Buffalo had in 2018-19. No potential GM is going to risk blowing this up or believing it will continue. The only thing that changes this is if they start to tank. Then, I think the rebuild plan is back on. Otherwise, I don't see much happening until at least February.

So, unless it's a deal that clearly favors the Ducks, no I don't see Boeser or any player of significance coming here.

I hope I'm wrong though.

@deepdrive  You also have to consider the potential FA's.  Rakell, Lindholm, Manson, Deslauriers.  I think we can agree, that any good offers for Deslauriers we have to take.  We would be a fool not to accept, and we will probably get a lot of offers for him.  He's the type of fourth liner that teams will be looking for.  

Manson, you know my take on him.  And thank god BM isn't around, because he's the type that he would extend and overpay for.  Hopefully a good offer comes for him, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get more for Deslauriers.  

Rakell and Lindholm.  I'm on the fence for.  Rakell though will probably get big offers.  He's the perfect middle 6 type scoring player that teams will overpay for.  Same really with LIndholm.  He's really beginning to shine since he isn't paired with that boatanchor that is Manson.  

I guess it comes down to what Vancouver wants for Boeser.  His salary might scare a lot of teams off, but if the Ducks subtract the FA's, then his salary shouldn't be as much of an issue.