• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021-2022 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

7 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

WTF is Deslauriers doing on that line. It reminds me of a story Teemu tells of one practice where he and Kariya go down the ice passing the puck back and forth like the center isn't even there.

Yeah, I would like to see Comtois or McTavish on that line.  Same big body.  But a lot more skill.  JMO, but it's like that Z line is playing shorthanded when they are playing.

Z is going to get a dose of passes this period.  Can't believe he's never had a hat trick before.  

5 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

It just came to me. Deslauriers is on that line so if someone messes with Z he can punch them.

Yes.  But Comtois hasn't been afraid to punch people either.  I'm hoping maybe Jones will be moved in once he comes back.  Jones is definitely not afraid to punch someone.

Pretenders or Contenders.  This next stretch of the month with determine it.  I say if they win more than lose during this stretch, they are definite contenders.  

vs. Capitals 2nd in the Met

vs. Canes 1st in Met

@ Predators 2nd in Central

@ Lanche 5th in Central

vs Senators Last in Atlantic

vs Leafs 2nd in Atlantic

@ Kings 5th in Pacific

Senators should be an easy W.  But the other 6 games will be tough.  4-3 or better is contender status.  

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Pretenders or Contenders.  This next stretch of the month with determine it.  I say if they win more than lose during this stretch, they are definite contenders.  

vs. Capitals 2nd in the Met

vs. Canes 1st in Met

@ Predators 2nd in Central

@ Lanche 5th in Central

vs Senators Last in Atlantic

vs Leafs 2nd in Atlantic

@ Kings 5th in Pacific

Senators should be an easy W.  But the other 6 games will be tough.  4-3 or better is contender status.  

Pretty much how I would see it, too. Those games are going to show a lot.

9 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Yeah, blah, blah, blag. I'm going to write an article on how the Ducks are targeting McDavid.

I'll bet that before the season is over, more than half the teams in the NHL will ask the Ducks what they want for Terry.

What I love about the article is how they think the Ducks have no money to keep him.  It's one thing when I say that we need to trade Rakell, Lindholm, Manson, Deslaurier because we don't want to commit future money to them and we could get future assets.  But that's because we have to sign guys like Terry, Drysdale, Z, and McTavish.  

Wow, it would be nice if it happened tonight.

Ducks News & Rumors: Terry, Getzlaf & More

Getzlaf, Ducks One Away from 1K

Speaking of Getzlaf, the captain is now just one point away from the historic milestone of 1,000 career points. 

On top of being one point from 1,000, the Ducks themselves are also one win away from reaching a total of 1,000 wins in franchise history. 

Selanne, along with former teammates Paul Kariya, Steve Rucchin and other alumni, will be on hand at tonight’s game, though it won’t be to honor Getzlaf. Former senior vice president of hockey operations David McNabb announced his retirement in May and will be honored at tonight’s game with a pregame ceremony. For so many Ducks alumni to be in attendance when Getzlaf and the Ducks accomplish historic milestones would be even sweeter.