• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Rangers (4-19-2021)

Chuck

Just now, Jason said:

Yeah he’s important but they were playing well to start the season and he wasn’t doing squat. Maybe his threat in the line up is enough? Tonight was just a poorly played game by the Angels. Trout and Ohtani were completely absent and Bundy had an off night too. They get to play another one tomorrow 

Rendon was still the threat hitting behind Trout and he was taking his walks despite the slow start. Stassi is another one we're missing. 

The weird thing is that his velocity is up, or at least it was before tonight. It may be that he's reverting to his earlier form and has less command of his pitches, or it could be that hitters are figuring out his smoke and mirrors. Or, maybe and hopefully, it is early and he's had a few bad innings sprinkled around that make it look worse than it is. We'll know more in a month or so.

14 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

The weird thing is that his velocity is up, or at least it was before tonight. It may be that he's reverting to his earlier form and has less command of his pitches, or it could be that hitters are figuring out his smoke and mirrors. Or, maybe and hopefully, it is early and he's had a few bad innings sprinkled around that make it look worse than it is. We'll know more in a month or so.

438265C8-77B8-485F-AF39-83BA38431F63.gif

7 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Rendon was still the threat hitting behind Trout and he was taking his walks despite the slow start. Stassi is another one we're missing. 

I think Stassi is a huge loss actually.  Stassi was always considered a really good defensive catcher.  The offense was a nice bonus, but as with most good defensive catchers, I'm sure he made a huge difference in our game planning, etc.

Losing Rendon and Stassi is a huge blow.  It doesn't sound like Rendon will be back after 10 days, but helpfully maybe by the end of this upcoming weekend.  Not sure how long Stassi is out for.

6 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

This is likely a reason as to why Bundy wasn't extended before the season, too.  He had a great run last year, but I'm guessing the FO likely wanted to see if he can continue to pitch that well and build upon his strong season.  So far, he's been fine, but not as good as he was last year.

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

To me he's mostly been disappointing with his pitch framing and defensive work behind the dish. Offensively he's been OK, but not Stassi. 

Yeah, his defense hasn't impressed me much either - that dropped pop up the other day was a game changer.

On 4/19/2021 at 4:10 PM, Blarg said:

BTW, I am booked to go see both series in Texas next week when the Angels go to Houston and Arlington. I get to check off two stadiums on my list and hopefully see the Angels nab 4 wins. Looking forward to Arlington because Crampknees and I are going to play a round of golf, hit up some legit Texas BBQ and see the Angels play the Rangers. There may be way too much alcohol involved but luckily the hotel is just two blocks from the stadium so I won't be driving. 

I'm going to order some of this.  If you don't try how would you know if it actually works or not. Look at the guys stance on the can 8 beers in, Oh yeah. 

images (28).jpg

• 5 months later...
On 4/19/2021 at 9:24 PM, failos said:

Is Taylor Blarg now? 

On 4/19/2021 at 9:25 PM, UndertheHalo said:

It’s a good bit.  Nice work Taylor.  

On 4/19/2021 at 9:27 PM, tdawg87 said:

We're all Taylor.

On 4/19/2021 at 9:38 PM, Taylor said:

By the way, apparently mods can change people's profile photos, because Blarg deleted mine before I changed it to Failos'.

On 4/19/2021 at 9:40 PM, failos said:

What the fuck. I thought that was I who posted that

On 4/19/2021 at 9:41 PM, Blarg said:

Apparently stealing someone's active profile pic isn't cool and the offender is lucky he didn't get the night off. 

Jerk.

On 4/19/2021 at 9:42 PM, UndertheHalo said:

Some heavy handed modd’ing happening in this thread rn.  Also very sad. 

On 4/19/2021 at 9:42 PM, Taylor said:

True. At least cals stole AJ's old profile photo.

On 4/19/2021 at 9:42 PM, Taylor said:

Dangit. Now I need to remember what someone's profile photo was 6 months ago.