• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Andrelton Simmons declines to address opt-out at end of Angels’ 2020 season

13 minutes ago, Jay said:

Congrats T.G. you're a super-sensitive guy.

Don't get hurt patting yourself on the back.

Yeah, I guess I did pat myself on the back.  Not a good move.

And for the record, I'm not really a super-sensitive guy.  Just a dude with some common sense.

I'm sorry I called you and a couple others out - especially since that same group would never do such a thing.

i've got to tell you TG, you come off pretty badly right now. in what was apparently, in your mind, your time to shine. that last line in your "apology" reeks.

i'm glad simmons didn't do anything drastic like suicide, and i'm happy that he found a way to come out publicly in an effort to help other people.

we all make judgement calls based off of the information we have at the time. i'm happy to be wrong in this case. i don't believe i said anything that was harsh or out of line in regards to simmons. sometimes in order to avoid misinterpretation of actions a person needs to clarify his reasons why, simmons finally did that and we can all quiet our minds about that now.

who knows, maybe you had other reasons for quoting yourself that lie beyond what it seems like.

45 minutes ago, ukyah said:

sometimes in order to avoid misinterpretation of actions a person needs to clarify his reasons why,

Or we could just avoid being judgmental and assume there's more to the story and even if not, maybe it isn't our business?

I don't believe Simmons telling his story should have changed how we felt about his opt out. If it did, maybe don't assume the worst next time, though I'm sure we all do at times. 

2 hours ago, ukyah said:

i've got to tell you TG, you come off pretty badly right now. in what was apparently, in your mind, your time to shine. that last line in your "apology" reeks.

As badly as the ppl that didn't waste any time passing judgement on Simmons?   Nope.

There was a ton if stuff said that had no business being said.  A lot of people making claims they had no business making.  Fact is the worst of it was hidden or deleted completely when certain people were banned.  

The Simmons episode was a tasteless display of fanaticism gone wrong.  

2 hours ago, ukyah said:

We all make judgement calls based off of the information we have at the time.

When calling out a guy for a non apology its probably best not to make excuses for or give reason why one has acted in poor taste.

Simba had shown as much as we could possibly see as casual observers for us to give him the benefit of the doubt IMHO.  There was also the knowledge his wife had gone through a kidney transplant, nobody had any clue if there was a connection there or not.  Still, the condemnation was instant.

Maybe next time people will just wait for all the info to come out before commenting.  At the very least it will spare them the need to offer up self serving "apologies".

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

As badly as the ppl that didn't waste any time passing judgement on Simmons?   Nope.

There was a ton if stuff said that had no business being said.  A lot of people making claims they had no business making.  Fact is the worst of it was hidden or deleted completely when certain people were banned.  

The Simmons episode was a tasteless display of fanaticism gone wrong.  

When calling out a guy for a non apology its probably best not to make excuses for or give reason why one has acted in poor taste.

Simba had shown as much as we could possibly see as casual observers for us to give him the benefit of the doubt IMHO.  There was also the knowledge his wife had gone through a kidney transplant, nobody had any clue if there was a connection there or not.  Still, the condemnation was instant.

Maybe next time people will just wait for all the info to come out before commenting.  At the very least it will spare them the need to offer up self serving "apologies".

As I brought up in the other thread: Josh Hamilton.

Is it ok that we all shat on his character after the 2014 ALDS, now that we know he wasn't such a great person? Dude's an addict.

Yes, some people now look like complete assholes in hindsight. But I think it's a statement on fandom in general: We all judge the players, management, coaches etc...based on what we see on the field. Is that fair? No, and we need to be better at not doing that. But every fanbase does it. I also don't think it's fair to single people out for saying something stupid that now looks bad. 

You could argue it looked bad when it was said. I didn't read everything when it happened and it seems there’s plenty I missed entirely. That's fine. I just think everyone should look at this and say "you know I should probably think before I pass judgement on someone's character". Everyone.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Is it ok that we all shat on his character after the 2014 ALDS, now that we know he wasn't such a great person? Dude's an addict.

Yes, some people now look like complete assholes in hindsight. But I think it's a statement on fandom in general: We all judge the players, management, coaches etc...based on what we see on the field. Is that fair? No, and we need to be better at not doing that. But every fanbase does it. I also don't think it's fair to single people out for saying something stupid that now looks bad. 

You could argue it looked bad when it was said. I didn't read everything when it happened and it seems there’s plenty I missed entirely. That's fine. I just think everyone should look at this and say "you know I should probably think before I pass judgement on someone's character". Everyone.

Does this go for shitting on people posting on a message board? Nobody knows what another person is going through, whether they suffer from depression or addiction, etc. 

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

To be perfectly honest I don't really care who people shit on.    That's on them. 

But, calling someone else out for patting themselves on the back for not being a dick while downplaying your own boorish behavior seems extremely hypocritical.  Just wear the L like a champ. 

Pretty simple concept.

1 minute ago, Lou said:

This doesn't apply to idiocy.

1 minute ago, failos said:

Indeed. Idoicy is a mental defect not illness

There are plenty of people who have learning disabilities, as well as forms of autism that make it hard for them to communicate clearly.

And no, I'm not saying you can't shit on people for saying stupid things. Just playing devil's advocate.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

To be perfectly honest I couldn't care less who people shit on.    Thats on them. 

But, calling someone else out for patting themselves on the back for not being a dick while downplaying your own boorish behavior seems extremely hypocritical.  Just wear the L like a champ. 

Pretty simple concept.

What if you call someone else out for patting themselves on the back when you didn't act "boorish"?

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Just now, tdawg87 said:

There are plenty of people who have learning disabilities, as well as forms of autism that make it hard for them to communicate clearly.

And no, I'm not saying you can't shit on people for saying stupid things. Just playing devil's advocate.

True, on that note: some people on this forum attack other users and call them autistic, or being on the spectrum as a form of insult, and I find that repugnant. Yes I’m talking to you @Angelsfan1984

31 minutes ago, failos said:

True, on that note: some people on this forum attack other users and call them autistic, or being on the spectrum as a form of insult, and I find that repugnant. Yes I’m talking to you @Angelsfan1984

Nowhere in my post did I use autism as a form of insult. I’m not making fun of him for having Aspergers. I believe he genuinely has it based on his callaway response. There’s a massive difference to which you clearly cannot comprehend. looks like you are part of the problem as well. 

5 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Nowhere in my post did I use autism as a form of insult. I’m not making fun of him for having Aspergers. I believe he genuinely has it based on his callaway response. There’s a massive difference to which you clearly cannot comprehend. looks like you are part of the problem as well. 

So anyone who doesn’t talk a certain way to you has Autism or Asperger’s?