• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Andrelton Simmons declines to address opt-out at end of Angels’ 2020 season

56 minutes ago, failos said:

So anyone who doesn’t talk a certain way to you has Autism or Asperger’s?

You really failed reading comprehension didn’t you? 

where are you inferring this information from? My comment was directly correlated to his response to men needing to be hyper alphas based on assumed societal norms. 

stop pretending to know what you’re talking about. It doesn’t suit you.

6 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

where are you inferring this information from? My comment was directly correlated to his response to men needing to be hyper alphas based on assumed societal norms. 

He probably has aspbergers.

12 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I guess I have autism too. Thanks arm-chair doctor AngelsFan1984. 

@ukyah, @Jay , @Angelsjunky and whoever else who had issues with my posts related to this topic...

My need, desire, MO or whatever you wan to call it - to call people out every now and then is definitely a character flaw of mine.  You'd be surprised how often I stop myself from doing that or go back and delete a post where I did it.  I'm a work in progress.

It's pretty stupid of me to give much thought to the opinions of people I don't really know on a message board.  This topic just struck me the wrong way. That's neither here nor there.

ukyah, my goal isn't to "shine" - most of the time I try to bring a little levity to the board. Trying to engage on a deeper level takes more energy than I'm willing to give (most of the time).  The main reason I visit these boards is to get the latest news about my favorite team, read some good insights from some of the members I admire and respect and to just get away from the day to day stuff.  It's an outlet where I can have a "little" fun every now and then.

I don't expect people to take most of what I say seriously... but your comments did give me  pause.

I know I can be an a-hole.  I know I can be a hypocrite. I'm fully aware of all of that.

At the end of the day - calling each other out on the stuff we post is part of being on a message board.  Most of the time, it's in good fun.  In this case - I attacked some of you.  I apologize. I still think what you had to say was stupid AF, but my calling you on it was just as stupid.

I'd like to think I give players the benefit of the doubt more times than not; especially, if they don't have any priors for doing stupid stuff.  I guess I should give you guys that same benefit, as appropriate.

Chances are if you're really a troll, you're already on my ignore list. That's my way of dealing with the stupid stuff. 

Again, I'm a work in progress.

Edited by T.G.

On 1/31/2021 at 11:11 AM, ukyah said:

it seems pretty clear to me that he made a financial decision to protect his FA. there seems to be some undercurrent tones in those comments today that some angels staff and possibly players weren't too keen on that decision being that they were still playing for the last postseason spot at the time. remember the astros lost the required number of games for the angels to leapfrog them, the angels just didn't win enough games to do their part. my read on the matter is, unfortunately, his angels career didn't end amicably. que sera sera.

too many people to quote here. other than it not being a financial decision, how was i wrong or rude towards simmons? did i even imply any personal feelings towards him?

was i wrong about his reasons in the absence of any explanation? obviously. now he's explained some and kept the rest private, now we know. obviously, it's a private matter, but opting out on the team isn't really private, there are a lot of public elements to it. like i originally said, whatever will be, will be. i'm glad he gave some explanation to remove the doubt.

you want to judge me in some cancel culture bullshit, feel free to pull up my posts on simmons.

The AW Pharisees will jump all over this, but I can't really find any fault with the people here who made disparaging comments about Simmons quitting.  That is exactly what it looked like at the time.

Simmons apparently gave no information to anyone on the team about the situation.  Just a short text to Maddon saying, "Sorry Joe, no disrespect, but I have some personal issues I need to deal with" would have been minimally appropriate.  Required, really.

Personally, I'd prefer if we'd all give people the opportunity to let them change their opinion when the facts change.  The facts of Simmons departure have now changed.  Let people change their mind without being a jerk about it.

22 minutes ago, Lazorko Saves said:

The AW Pharisees will jump all over this, but I can't really find any fault with the people here who made disparaging comments about Simmons quitting.  That is exactly what it looked like at the time.

Simmons apparently gave no information to anyone on the team about the situation.  Just a short text to Maddon saying, "Sorry Joe, no disrespect, but I have some personal issues I need to deal with" would have been minimally appropriate.  Required, really.

Personally, I'd prefer if we'd all give people the opportunity to let them change their opinion when the facts change.  The facts of Simmons departure have now changed.  Let people change their mind without being a jerk about it.

you don't have to change your opinion when the facts come in if you wait to form an opinion until the facts come in.    

The criticism that Simmons received was not unjustified at the time.

With a week left in the season he said he is opting out.

If he had given any reason, like "family emergency," "health reasons," it would have been ok, but he said, "opting out" with no explanation.

It looked like a business decision. He invited speculation and criticism.

He didn't tell the team, he didn't tell anybody, just opted out. Even Maddon had no idea what was going on.

Obviously if we had known he had a mental breakdown or any kind of health problem, things would have been different.

As fans it's our prerogative to question the motives of a player who quits as Simmons did.

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

you don't have to change your opinion when the facts come in if you wait to form an opinion until the facts come in.    

Ah but look, I can easily outbid your virtue-signalling-waiting.  I just point out that more facts may *always* yet come in, therefore you should never offer your opinion.

I expect you to adhere to this new standard I have set for you.

1 hour ago, Lazorko Saves said:

Ah but look, I can easily outbid your virtue-signalling-waiting.  I just point out that more facts may *always* yet come in, therefore you should never offer your opinion.

I expect you to adhere to this new standard I have set for you.

It's a good thing I don't give a shit about what you expect.  

5 hours ago, Lazorko Saves said:

You don’t know that he didn’t do that. 

All you know is they didn’t share it with the media. 

2 hours ago, Lazorko Saves said:

Very wise.  But then I wonder how you think we should regard your expectations for others "wait to form an opinion"?

I don't have expectations for others.  They can do whatever they want.  

You seem concerned about whether I approve.  

Will...It's not your fault.