• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Francisco Lindor on the Block

23 minutes ago, Yes We Can said:

I agree with @OhtaniSan.

Take Lindor and his 1/21 M contract off the Indians hands but leverage it to get Plesac and his 5 years of control. 

I would include Adell and either Rengifo/Ward in a package.

The way you phrase it makes it sound like they will struggle to find a team to take Lindor.

They will not.  Lindor is a very good player.  Some team (Mets? Braves?) will trade prospects for him.  We cannot "leverage" taking Lindor off their hands and get Pleasac in the process.

The only trade we should be looking into with the Indians is flipping Adell for Pleasac directly.   Indians need OFers and we need pitching.  Seems like an ideal matchup.

Fletcher can play SS.  Sign someone like Wong or Hernandez for a very small price (5mil/yr?) to play 2b instead.

1 hour ago, Warfarin said:

The way you phrase it makes it sound like they will struggle to find a team to take Lindor.

They will not.  Lindor is a very good player.  Some team (Mets? Braves?) will trade prospects for him.  We cannot "leverage" taking Lindor off their hands and get Pleasac in the process.

The only trade we should be looking into with the Indians is flipping Adell for Pleasac directly.   Indians need OFers and we need pitching.  Seems like an ideal matchup.

Fletcher can play SS.  Sign someone like Wong or Hernandez for a very small price (5mil/yr?) to play 2b instead.

Yes. We discussed Wong yesterday. He is a more viable option for MIF.

But if we can create a bundle for Lindor and Plesac it would be great.

And the Angels have Pujols and Upton coming off the payroll the next two years. They could re-sign Lindor.

4 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

$20 mill is a large chunk of change for a guy who was a league average hitter this year. I think Cleveland has a hard time moving him in this environment. 

He will have plenty of phone calls...

But if what you say is true about it being hard to move him then i'd easily throw Adell at it and ask for a package that included Plesac or McKenzie

1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Are we in win now mode for Trout or lets win hopefully in 4-5 years when Trout is tailing off?

yes.  let's trade for a 1yr rental and try to win in 2021 while decreasing our changes to win beyond that

or

let's sit on our hands for the next few years and keep our fingers crossed.  

I can't imagine there would be anything in between.  

11 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

yes.  let's trade for a 1yr rental and try to win in 2021 while decreasing our changes to win beyond that

or

let's sit on our hands for the next few years and keep our fingers crossed.  

I can't imagine there would be anything in between.  

I understand. Keep in mind Lindor is proven talent and Adell is all talk (at the moment). If there's anything we can do that makes us better now then they should do it. No one knows how Adell will grow. 

I'm not saying TRADE ADELL TRADE ADELL. I'm just being realistic about talent in the now and not potential. 

Trading Adell only makes sense if we're getting a pitcher with 3+ years of control.

Not a 1 year rental shortstop that will also handicap our finances towards adding a pitcher. Forget Bauer, that would probably take us out of the running for Stroman.

I just don't see any possibility where this makes sense. Even if Cleveland salary dumps him, we need that money for pitching.

24 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I understand. Keep in mind Lindor is proven talent and Adell is all talk (at the moment). If there's anything we can do that makes us better now then they should do it. No one knows how Adell will grow. 

I'm not saying TRADE ADELL TRADE ADELL. I'm just being realistic about talent in the now and not potential. 

I know exactly what Lindor is.  A guy coming off a mediocre season who's owed about 20m and has 1yr of control left.  There are a ton of moves that make the Angels better now.  It doesn't automatically make those moves smart.  I don't even care whether Adell gets traded and for whom.  Even if the team were to acquire some other IFer, whoever they would get for him needs to have more than a year of control and would need to come without at 20m price tag.  

by your logic we should trade away the farm and any controlled asset for a chance to win in 2021.  

57 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I know exactly what Lindor is.  A guy coming off a mediocre season who's owed about 20m and has 1yr of control left.  There are a ton of moves that make the Angels better now.  It doesn't automatically make those moves smart.  I don't even care whether Adell gets traded and for whom.  Even if the team were to acquire some other IFer, whoever they would get for him needs to have more than a year of control and would need to come without at 20m price tag.  

by your logic we should trade away the farm and any controlled asset for a chance to win in 2021.  

I'm not saying let's trade away the farm at all. Adell isn't "the farm". He's not even a prospect anymore.

If the Angels are to keep Upton then at some point there is an odd man out. So if it was a prospect swap like Adell and Plesac would that make you happy?

3 hours ago, Warfarin said:

imagine if plesac was an angel, go look at his numbers so far, then pretend adell didn't even have the fucked up rookie season that he had. imagine the shine is still just as bright as it was before 2020, would you trade plesac for adell?

i sure as fuck wouldn't.

1 hour ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I'm not saying let's trade away the farm at all. Adell isn't "the farm". He's not even a prospect anymore.

If the Angels are to keep Upton then at some point there is an odd man out. So if it was a prospect swap like Adell and Plesac would that make you happy?

I think we're gonna go round and round on this.  

Who cares if Adell is still classified as a prospect.  He still has almost the same value that he did before his early failure in mlb at age age 21.  His prospect status changes nothing.  There is no 'odd man out'.  By the time that Adell and Marsh become everyday players, Upton will be gone.  The next wave of potential OFers in the Angels system are 3-5 years away at least.  There is OF depth in the system.  Not at the major league level.  

There's no way they give up Plesac for Adell.  But yes, that would make me happy.  

I don't have a problem trading Adell and even adding a couple other prospects for a player.  Preferably a pitcher.  But that player better have 3+ years of control.  

7 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Upton only has two years left on his contract.  That should mean not trading Adell, unless it’s a can’t refuse trade offer for pitching.

Thing is, Adell’s 2020 season makes that trade not feasible for now anyway.

7 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I think we're gonna go round and round on this.  

Who cares if Adell is still classified as a prospect.  He still has almost the same value that he did before his early failure in mlb at age age 21.  His prospect status changes nothing.  There is no 'odd man out'.  By the time that Adell and Marsh become everyday players, Upton will be gone.  The next wave of potential OFers in the Angels system are 3-5 years away at least.  There is OF depth in the system.  Not at the major league level.  

There's no way they give up Plesac for Adell.  But yes, that would make me happy.  

I don't have a problem trading Adell and even adding a couple other prospects for a player.  Preferably a pitcher.  But that player better have 3+ years of control.  

Good point. 

I'd have to agree with what @totdprodsthrew out there. I'd do something like Lindor and McKenzie for Adell and maybe a few others. I'm not sure what the "others" would be, but likely some talent already on the MLB squad and not minors. 

That would net us a solid shortstop and a pitching prospect with 3+ year of control. 

Will that ever happen though? Absolutely not. 

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Upton only has two years left on his contract.  That should mean not trading Adell, unless it’s a can’t refuse trade offer for pitching.

Thing is, Adell’s 2020 season makes that trade not feasible for now anyway.

I don't think him struggling a bit during first year will impact his value that much. 
Most rookies struggle. Look at Trout. 

Okay fine, so then for two years while Trout is in his prime we likely will see Marsh sitting on the bech. Cool with that? And don't say platoon.