• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols going out with a whimper

Angel

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

I remember Ramirez being caught using estrogen to falsify steroid tests and being banned from baseball while being a Dodger. A-Rod being banned from baseball for using steroids as well and when he returned he was a burnt out shell of his former self.

Your first two examples were a pair of the worst cheaters in baseball and then you have the gall to say others are making making straw man arguments. 

Straw Man

Better stay away from the fires

53 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Are you an idiot? Really, you started with the two biggest cheaters in baseball once Bonds left and then say Pujols hasn't matched their tainted history. You are such an ass. 

This has nothing to do with 'image', this has everything to do with performance.  Manny Ramirez has HoF stats regardless, same with A-Rod, nobody can convince me Pujols didn't cheat either, his HARD fall-off indicates something to that degree.   And Pujols has been accused of using PEDs, so he is not completely off the hook.  Don't go walking into walls or people with high baseball IQs.

1 minute ago, Angel said:

This has nothing to do with 'image', this has everything to do with performance.  Manny Ramirez has HoF stats regardless, same with A-Rod, nobody can convince me Pujols didn't cheat either, his HARD fall-off indicates something to that degree.  Don't go walking into walls or people with high baseball IQs.

You are fucking hilarious in your ignorance.  

I will never forget that one time when Jack Clark accused Pujols of using steroids. And you know who was once a hitting coach for Pujols? McGwire. Seriously, I wouldn't be shock one bit if Pujols juiced before. Just because he didn't get suspended for steroids doesn't mean that he didn't do it. Lance Armstrong never failed a PED test and he juiced. So did Bonds. 

10 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

I will never forget that one time when Jack Clark accused Pujols of using steroids. And you know who was once a hitting coach for Pujols? McGwire. Seriously, I wouldn't be shock one bit if Pujols juiced before. Just because he didn't get suspended for steroids doesn't mean that he didn't do it. Lance Armstrong never failed a PED test and he juiced. So did Bonds. 

And when push came to shove and Albert threatened legal action Jack Clark backed off.  So if you know for a fact that someone was taking PEDs and you are threatened with legal action, you’d tell them to bring it on. 

44 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Don't you think his rapid decline is due to him CLEARLY not juicing? I wouldn't be shocked to hear he is older but I'd be shocked if he ever roided. 

6 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Don't you think his rapid decline is due to him CLEARLY not juicing? I wouldn't be shocked to hear he is older but I'd be shocked if he ever roided. 

I’d be more surprised by finding out his age is wrong than if he was on the juice.  No one wants to come to a different country then go to high school for 2 years.   

1 hour ago, Angel said:

This has nothing to do with 'image', this has everything to do with performance.  Manny Ramirez has HoF stats regardless, same with A-Rod, nobody can convince me Pujols didn't cheat either, his HARD fall-off indicates something to that degree.   And Pujols has been accused of using PEDs, so he is not completely off the hook.  Don't go walking into walls or people with high baseball IQs.

I am very aware of those on this board with a high baseball IQ.

So, where were we on this argument? Oh, yeah, your and idoit.

7 hours ago, Mark68 said:

Babe Ruth, anyone?

Double-check his stats, Mark. The Babe hit .288/.448/.537 with 5.2 WAR in his last full year (1935). His final season (1936) he only played 28 games at 0.2 WAR. He was still great in 1932, very good in '33-34, and then just played 28 games in '36.

The "whimper" is entirely the result of long contracts. Miggy and Albert would have retired a few years ago if they weren't making huge money.