• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Rangers (9/8/2020)

rafibomb

40 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

It's not like this is a must win game or anything.  But let's experiment.  

I know putting Thaiss at 2B is collaborative decision but I just think about how much shit Mike Scioscia would have gotten if he was at the helm season.  I really, really don’t get the Joe Maddon stuff.  Never did. Don’t now.  Mostly just stupid bullshit. 

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

I know putting Thaiss at 2B is collaborative decision but I just think about how much shit Mike Scioscia would have gotten if he was at the helm season.  I really, really don’t get the Joe Maddon stuff.  Never did. Don’t now.  Mostly just stupid bullshit. 

What do they have to lose? If he proves he can hit he instantly becomes a trade chip for Eppler this winter. I like that they're giving people opportunities to show what kind of value they can provide for the Angels or another club.

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

People project that managers who have had past success will do so again with another team. People think Oh, we should get THAT manager, and then we'll do well.

Maddon was considered "great" when his players had great years. Same as Scioscia. Same as almost every manager ever. 

7 minutes ago, RendZone said:

What do they have to lose? If he proves he can hit he instantly becomes a trade chip for Eppler this winter. I like that they're giving people opportunities to show what kind of value they can provide for the Angels or another club.

Well, the game apparently.  Anyway.  It doesn’t matter that much.