• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fires

16 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ill meet you at Cooks, Im down the road. Let Calfire do this one, we get a beer and make fun of @Tank's tofurkey last week.

So am I. Are we neighbors?

On a completely unrelated note, I take back every disparaging thing I said about police officers.

👀

Edited by Taylor

On 12/4/2020 at 7:43 AM, Taylor said:

So am I. Are we neighbors?

On a completely unrelated note, I take back every disparaging thing I said about police officers.

👀

No, I was working it, I dont live down there.

Are you in the canyon? Place is weird... amazing homes next door to meth lab shanties. Real pretty area, but some weirdos in there for sure

We were talking about this recent one yesterday. I actually forgot about it because the fire department and people on the fire knocked it out really quick.

Didn't we only have one day of bad air quality?

Really good job of containment and putting the fire out. I actually almost forgot we even had a fire that could have been another bad one for us in OC.

6 hours ago, Taylor said:

Condos in Santiago Canyon? I highly doubt it.

8 minutes ago, AngelsLongBall said:

I meant regarding the fires out there....

But, eventually sprawl will come for it.  Probably some tract homes named something fancy like Silverado Oaks Estates

I was being facetious. There used to be one in Yorba Linda and now it’s tract homes. The one in Irvine got turned into dogshit Irvine Company condos when they took out the tree farm, Irvine Meadows amphitheater and Wild Rivers. 

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

We were talking about this recent one yesterday. I actually forgot about it because the fire department and people on the fire knocked it out really quick.

Didn't we only have one day of bad air quality?

Really good job of containment and putting the fire out. I actually almost forgot we even had a fire that could have been another bad one for us in OC.

I assume the cooler weather helped. It kicked off wednesday night just as the winds were getting bad. I left work, assumed was going to wake up to a giant emergency. But when I came back in, the fore guys were pretty relaxed.

I think too that the last one burned a lot of the area it would have taken, so it wasnt as big of a deal.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I assume the cooler weather helped. It kicked off wednesday night just as the winds were getting bad. I left work, assumed was going to wake up to a giant emergency. But when I came back in, the fore guys were pretty relaxed.

I think too that the last one burned a lot of the area it would have taken, so it wasnt as big of a deal.

The cooler weather did help @ten ocho recon scout.  But a combination of a couple things helped even more.  The fact that this was the only major fire burning at the time (major being more than 1000 acres) allowed agencies to flood the area with resources, including a ton of air resources.  

Also, the wind died down fairly quickly.  It pushed the fire back onto the area that had already burned last month, and that was the end of that.  Sorry I couldn't meet you at Cook's Corner.  We were a tad busy at the time.  Also, I don't think I could ever make fun of Tank anyway.

Edited by PattyD22