• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fires

5 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Just drove towards Downtown LA.  There is a nasty brown smoke all over to the East.  Which doesn't make sense, because it's clear blue skies above me.  And the wind is blowing to the south.  I'm also seeing ash on the ground.  Is it the smoke from way up north?

That's just Tank in his backyard burning st1ckboy's clothes.

One of the articles reported winds over 80 mph 6 miles away from the fire at one point.  I can't imagine how they would even go at a fire in high winds as they said the helicopters were having issues dropping water.  Embers can get pushed over a mile away and set more brush or buildings on fire.  Trying to clear an area to control the fire would seem to go out the window in a situation like that. 

5 minutes ago, Spin Rate said:

Everyone on the "other" side of the 241 is being told to evacuate. We're still "safe" at El Toro/Marguerite.

Good luck and stay safe. I was smoked out all day at my office in south Irvine. It was clear at my house in Aliso until the past hour which makes me think the fire is traveling south-east along the 241 toward Trabuco. 

2 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Been in Silverado Canyon and now re-deployed into Yorba Linda.  Protecting structures and haven’t lost one in our division yet.  Waiting for the sundowner winds to kick up later tonight 

63C3D8E7-2DC7-4E47-8BBC-74F8665E499B.jpeg

Stay safe, brother... maybe we'll run into each other... you guys have any chapstick?

Southern California Edison says its equipment may have caused Orange County fire

LOS ANGELES — Southern California Edison said its equipment may have sparked a fast-moving wildfire that forced evacuation orders for some 100,000 people and seriously injured two firefighters on Monday as powerful winds across the state prompted power to be cut to hundreds of thousands to prevent just such a possibility.

A smoky fire exploded in size to over 11 square miles (29 square kilometers) after breaking out around dawn in Orange County, south of Los Angeles. Gusts pushed flames along brushy ridges in Silverado Canyon and near houses in the sprawling city of Irvine, home to about 280,000 residents. There was no containment.

Two firefighters, one 26 and the other 31 years old, were critically injured while battling the blaze, according to the county's Fire Authority, which didn't provide details on how the injuries occurred. They each suffered second- and third-degree burns over large portions of their bodies and were intubated at a hospital, officials said.

In a report to the state Public Utilities Commission, Southern California Edison said it was investigating whether its electrical equipment caused the blaze. The brief report said it appeared that a “lashing wire” that tied a telecommunications line to a support cable may have struck a 12,000-volt conducting line above it, and an investigation was under way.

The report came as SCE shut off power to some 38,000 customers in five counties — including the fire areas — as a safety precuation against gusts knocking down equipment or hurling tree branches or other vegetation into power lines.

2 minutes ago, Sully151 said:

Are you in Painted Trails? They just got the voluntary evacuation call.

We are in Melinda Heights, right on the border. We may be next.

I have a friend that lives there. My son has had a few soccer games at the elementary school. Awesome view, but yeah a very brushy area. 

1 hour ago, Sully151 said:

Are you in Painted Trails? They just got the voluntary evacuation call.

We are in Melinda Heights, right on the border. We may be next.

We're "lower middle" class so we live in the apartments/condos on the other side of Marguerite. We're just outside the voluntary evacuation zone.