• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels could finish the season with a good rotation statistically?

Chuck

Heaney-Angels-pitcher-1024x682.jpg

The Angels have a chance of having four starters to finish the season with an ERA under 4.00, which in the American League is saying something. 

As of right now...

Bundy: 2.47 ERA

Barria: 2.63 ERA

Heaney: 3.89 ERA

Canning: 4.04 ERA

The Angels could make it 5 if they promoted Felix Pena (1.86) to the rotation. He seems to have had success both in the bullpen and rotation when healthy. I like him. 

Honestly I would love to see Detmers and Rodriguez up here this month to get 2-3 starts a piece, and maybe use Yan as a long reliever or groom him as a late inning reliever? 

• Chuck changed the title to The Angels could finish the season with a good rotation statistically?
53 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Every night, @Chuckster70 sits on his porch and pours himself a nice little glass of scotch.  He holds it up to the light and admires it.  The setting suns rays shine through that little crystal bucket as he watches it set on the horizon beyond the river in the foreground.  He places it on the small glass table next to him as he slightly reclines in his teak chair with comfy pads.  He clips the end of a robusto or on some nights a double corona and strikes two matches till the tip glows a deep orange.  Drawing slightly and puffing as he exhales perfect rings and watches them dance into the horizon.  He sets the cigar neatly on a ceramic ashtray crafted by one of his children in the first grade.  It's awkward and misshapen but it's one of his prize possessions.  He takes a slow deep breath out as everything else from his day just washes away as he grabs his laptop and proceeds to fuck with us.  

That's what I was going to say!

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Honestly I would love to see Detmers and Rodriguez up here this month to get 2-3 starts a piece, and maybe use Yan as a long reliever or groom him as a late inning reliever? 

I agree with this.

Let the young guys get a look and chance for us to see them.

Nothing to lose by doing that.

6 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Every night, @Chuckster70 sits on his porch and pours himself a nice little glass of scotch.  He holds it up to the light and admires it.  The setting suns rays shine through that little crystal bucket as he watches it set on the horizon beyond the river in the foreground.  He places it on the small glass table next to him as he slightly reclines in his teak chair with comfy pads.  He clips the end of a robusto or on some nights a double corona and strikes two matches till the tip glows a deep orange.  Drawing slightly and puffing as he exhales perfect rings and watches them dance into the horizon.  He sets the cigar neatly on a ceramic ashtray crafted by one of his children in the first grade.  It's awkward and misshapen but it's one of his prize possessions.  He takes a slow deep breath out as everything else from his day just washes away as he grabs his laptop and proceeds to fuck with us.  

I read this as the first paragraph of a submission to Penthouse Forum, as I do most posts. 

7 hours ago, Dochalo said:

As someone who got Chuck scotch for his birthday, I approve of this image of him.

Also he is flexing his biceps the entire time he's typing.

8 hours ago, Dochalo said:

This may be the best post I've read not just on this site but across all social media platforms.

There are so many truths embedded within this post. Especially the ceramic ashtray that my daughter made in elementary school years ago.

My youngest who is now almost 18 & a senior in HS is a photographer, she may have to capture this very moment. 

10 hours ago, Dochalo said:

This is gold. Well done Doc.

10 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I nutted to this post btw.

Wonder if a Jackie Bradley, Kevin Pillar, or Steven Souza makes sense as a FA 4th OF/platoon target more than Joc then, though I like Joc’s offense and 1B capability.

Man, we really need Adell to start hitting up here, or for Thaiss or Walsh to hit enough to cover 1B with Bert.

Edited by totdprods

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

He can and has, but he's not that good. 

Thaiss on the other hand impressed me at 1B and 3B. 

Why isn't he up here instead of Walsh and Ward? He must be injured. 

I would much rather give at bats to Thaiss.  Since we haven’t seen him I’m going with Covid.

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

My understanding is Joc can’t play first base.  

At most, I would see him as a third-stringer behind Pujols and presumably Thaiss, who I’d hope at least threatens to be a 1B/3B bench back-up.

And also Joc getting reps at 1B would mean he’d be hitting well enough, and the other OF are hitting well enough, to justify keeping him in the lineup.

22 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If they can bring Teheran back on a one year deal for $6-8 million I would welcome him back.  

If he can build up strength and pitch better down the stretch I would consider it at 5 million, but that's it. 

I'd really like them to go after a Bauer or Stroman, then trade for another #2 or #3 type like Bundy. Kind of like a Keuchel or Ryu type, both of which have been excellent this season and for the cost of which they signed for, they've earned every bit of it if not more. 

A rotation that would consist of Bauer/Stroman via FA and say a Keuchel/Ryu type, Bundy, Heaney, Canning with Detmers, Rodriguez, Sandoval waiting in the wings for depth. That would be a very good, if not one of the best rotations in baseball.