• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels could finish the season with a good rotation statistically?

Chuck

27 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

If he can build up strength and pitch better down the stretch I would consider it at 5 million, but that's it. 

I'd really like them to go after a Bauer or Stroman, then trade for another #2 or #3 type like Bundy. Kind of like a Keuchel or Ryu type, both of which have been excellent this season and for the cost of which they signed for, they've earned every bit of it if not more. 

A rotation that would consist of Bauer/Stroman via FA and say a Keuchel/Ryu type, Bundy, Heaney, Canning with Detmers, Rodriguez, Sandoval waiting in the wings for depth. That would be a very good, if not one of the best rotations in baseball. 

Doe we release the pitcher sporting a sun 3 era?  Barria 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

If they can bring Teheran back on a one year deal for $6-8 million I would welcome him back.  

You can't be serious the guy has an over 7 ERA. I would welcome him back at league minimum, see if he can fight for a roster spot. There is no chance, I would offer him 6 or 8 million with that ERA. 

I pray I'm right that Chris Rodriguez is a top-of-the-rotation starter. He would solve a lot of problems for us if he is. He's the highest I've ever been on a pitcher. He already has 3 plus pitches and a potential 4th and the ability to command them all.

Edited by rafibomb

5 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I pray I'm right that Chris Rodriguez is a top-of-the-rotation starter. He would solve a lot of problems for us if he is. He's the highest I've ever been on a pitcher. He already has 3 plus pitches and a potential 4th and the ability to command them all.

When's he supposed to be to the Angels?

15 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Beyond the stats, why? Adell, LaStella? Rondon is an upgrade over anybody at 3rd, he is very good....

I wasn't even talking about the stats, but those only hammer the point home.  Poor routes, bad positioning.  Throws to the wrong bases, throws not made.  Honestly, the biggest case to be made for the defense having been bad this year has been actually watching them play.

As far as the stats go.   A lot of bottom 5 performances in the more important categories.  https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=fld&lg=all&qual=0&type=1&season=2020&month=0&season1=2020&ind=0&team=0,ts&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&startdate=2020-01-01&enddate=2020-12-31&sort=24,d

Ive been arguing that these guys are unprepared all year..   If you want a real shock to your system -- check the numbers in 2018 when MS was still here obsessing about run prevention, even with an awful pitching staff.

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

If he can build up strength and pitch better down the stretch I would consider it at 5 million, but that's it. 

I'd really like them to go after a Bauer or Stroman, then trade for another #2 or #3 type like Bundy. Kind of like a Keuchel or Ryu type, both of which have been excellent this season and for the cost of which they signed for, they've earned every bit of it if not more. 

A rotation that would consist of Bauer/Stroman via FA and say a Keuchel/Ryu type, Bundy, Heaney, Canning with Detmers, Rodriguez, Sandoval waiting in the wings for depth. That would be a very good, if not one of the best rotations in baseball. 

I love bauer, stroman, and odorizzi. 

2 hours ago, Kevinb said:

6 or 8 million dollars for a 7 era pitcher is money not well spent. Guy keeps pitching like he has for the Angels he will be lucky to get an invite to camp somewhere. 

Tehran has a good track record and I'm assuming having covid has turned this season more into spring training.  I'd absolutely sign him 1 year 5-8 million

Ohtani signed with us, Rendon, Trout signed an extension and Pujols, Vlad & Mo who were all top FA's in their class and they signed with the Angels as well.

We attract big names here, I think we will with Bauer. He loves Trout and is from So. Cal, so unless the Dodgers or Padres outbid us I think he'll sign with us if we make a big push for him.

I think after that the Angels will probably trade off one of our outfield prospects along with a pitching prospect for a #2 guy. 

Bauer wanting one year deals is right up the Halos alley.

Once Pujols retires after 2021, then that’s $24 million AAV freed up to sign Bauer again to a short contract.

Bauer, Bundy, Heaney, Canning, and Detmers by June sounds good.

Make Pena the closer, with Mayers, Milner, Buttrey, and Sandoval next in line, and if he takes a cheap enough arb amt, Robles.

Ohtani needs to become one way (1B or DH).   Eighty innings in four years proves that.

Edited by Angel Oracle

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Ohtani needs to become one way (1B or DH).   Eighty innings in four years proves that.

I would like to see Ohtani focus on 1B and RF in the offseason, but if he's healthy to pitch I would like to see him come back as a reliever in 2021 if he's pumping high 90's heat again. 

Would love to see him play nearly nine innings in the field and then come in to pitch the 9th and close out the game. 

Can you imagine how awesome that would be?

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I would like to see Ohtani focus on 1B and RF in the offseason, but if he's healthy to pitch I would like to see him come back as a reliever in 2021 if he's pumping high 90's heat again. 

Would love to see him play nearly nine innings in the field and then come in to pitch the 9th and close out the game. 

Can you imagine how awesome that would be?

If he can find a way to warm up later on in the game, without taking away from playing regularly, I might be for that.  Definitely no more rotation for him