• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels could finish the season with a good rotation statistically?

Chuck

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

If he can build up strength and pitch better down the stretch I would consider it at 5 million, but that's it. 

I'd really like them to go after a Bauer or Stroman, then trade for another #2 or #3 type like Bundy. Kind of like a Keuchel or Ryu type, both of which have been excellent this season and for the cost of which they signed for, they've earned every bit of it if not more. 

A rotation that would consist of Bauer/Stroman via FA and say a Keuchel/Ryu type, Bundy, Heaney, Canning with Detmers, Rodriguez, Sandoval waiting in the wings for depth. That would be a very good, if not one of the best rotations in baseball. 

Bauer / Bundy / Heaney / Ohtani / Canning / Barria with Sandoval / Detmers for depth is a good 6.

Later in the year Detmers takes over for someone.

Resign Simmons, Sign Bauer, Sign A Closer, Trade for a 2nd Rotation Piece, Sign a Catcher.

statistically, La Stella wasn't bad at 1b but ask any fielder how important it is to have someone at 1b with experience.  It's not just about fielding balls hit to you but how quickly you get to the bag and your footwork around it.  I can't tell you how many time I saw Tommy step in the completely opposite direction to receive a throw at 1b.  

say what you want about Albert being old etc, but around the bag, he is and has been one of the best in the game.  

Secondly, La Stella is a butcher at 2b.  His most natural position is actually 3b where he is slightly below avg to avg at best.  

Adell has been awful in RF.  Goodwin was bad in LF as is Upton.  Adell spent 35 games in the minors in RF.  A position he didn't even play in high school.  Adell is also inexperienced in LF so moving him over there might not be much better.  Having terrible defensive corner OFers has also impacted Trout's metrics.  They are terrible.  

I think with a better defensive 1bman, and a shit ton of hard work in the off season by Adell, this team will get much better defensively.  

52 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I would like to see Ohtani focus on 1B and RF in the offseason, but if he's healthy to pitch I would like to see him come back as a reliever in 2021 if he's pumping high 90's heat again. 

Would love to see him play nearly nine innings in the field and then come in to pitch the 9th and close out the game. 

Can you imagine how awesome that would be?

This has been explained numerous times why it won’t work.  More than one third of the time he Won’t be able to warm up.  

the Thaiss thing is a total mystery to me.  Has to be something like Covid.   While I don't like to make rash decisions about players who have just come up, Walsh doesn't look like a major leaguer at the plate and I don't have much hope for him.  I can't imagine they're trying to showcase for a trade and cost Thaiss valuable experience.  

Second to a front line starter in terms of need is a LHed 1bman that can mash.  That would definitely be at the very near top of my list.  It would impact the entire lineup in a positive way.  

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

I would like to see Ohtani focus on 1B and RF in the offseason, but if he's healthy to pitch I would like to see him come back as a reliever in 2021 if he's pumping high 90's heat again. 

Would love to see him play nearly nine innings in the field and then come in to pitch the 9th and close out the game. 

Can you imagine how awesome that would be?

Technically Ohtani still has ace potential.  He is a wonder, discounting him is not going to age well I think.

26 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This has been explained numerous times why it won’t work.  More than one third of the time he Won’t be able to warm up.  

Warm up prior to games, then come in to get your warm ups on the mound. 

Maddon is not a traditional guy, so I can see him trying this. 

7 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Warm up prior to games, then come in to get your warm ups on the mound. 

Maddon is not a traditional guy, so I can see him trying this. 

Yea and if he wasn’t an injury ready to happen that could be an option but even then him warming up 3 hours prior to pitching isn’t going to happen.  

5 hours ago, DMVol said:

Beyond the stats, why? Adell, LaStella? Rondon is an upgrade over anybody at 3rd, he is very good....

That Barreto play.  Not close to being an error..  but inexperience turned an out into a hit and one batter later, a run.   I get it, they want to get the kid at bats and see what he can do as a potential super sub, but having him in LF the same day Ward is in RF seems like playing with fire.