• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Padres (9/02/2020)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, Game 6 said:

True as to the sample size. This whole season is about rationalizing sample size. We also know shortstops don’t start getting better defensively after the age of 31 and most all SS’s who are below league average hitters at 30-31 become even greater liabilities at age 32-33.

The larger point here is Simba is not a must have player any longer. As a fan, love the guy. As a critical thinker, I know he won’t be back. 

You can't do that with defensive metrics.  You can't assume errors, or no errors -- this is one of the reasons why they are so balky and unreliable much less predictive.   

Claiming the numbers prove he's in decline is laughably incorrect -- thats what I was calling out..   His being in decline is an easy assumption to make, to argue he's in decline to the extent that a 100 inning sample points to...  LOL, no.

Just now, Game 6 said:

Do you think Eppler/next GM should re-sign Simba to a multi-year contract or a QO? Or should they let him go, play the controlled MIF’ers and use the payroll space to improve the team?

You may have missed it but I've been saying he was as good as gone for about a year and my reasoning has been clear.... Teams don't spend time developing guys to then not use them when they are ready and will allow them to spend resources ($$$), in areas of greater need -- well, the smart teams anyway.   

The only way I could see him coming back is if his market completely craters and he's willing to take a one or two year deal at a number like 2-3 mil per...  And even then I'd say this is more true of Eppler than it would be another GM.   I'd argue a different GM let's him go period.    

1 minute ago, Game 6 said:

When? In 2019? whatever you thought you were continuing, on which thread or in which season, it had nothing to do with my post so back the fuck off.

Or what? You're going to pound your keyboard really, really hard?