• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Giants vs. Angels (8/19/2020)

13 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

And to think the Halos were singing Sandoval’s praises.

I guess they can’t scout at all.

Worst scouting in MLB?

I see why they like Sandoval. He is only 23 and he has kept the Angels in the game for almost every start he has had this season. Angels offense just loves shitting the bed giving the big "eff you" every single start.

Edited by rafibomb

4 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

The only way I saw Eppler's job being in jeopardy was the season being a disaster. I thought there was no way that could happen with how decent the roster looked. Yet, here we are.

Same. I did not think there was any chance of catching Oakland, but I thought .500 or better was almost certain. It never occurred to me that they might lose twice as many games as they win. 

I had no problem chalking up 72-90 last season as just one of those shitty seasons that sometimes happen (Trout's injuries, Skaggs's death, etc.) and I figured the team would bounce back. But the team has gotten worse. 

2 minutes ago, SoPas Angel said:

Same. I did not think there was any chance of catching Oakland, but I thought .500 or better was almost certain. It never occurred to me that they might lose twice as many games as they win. 

I had no problem chalking up 72-90 last season as just one of those shitty seasons that sometimes happen (Trout's injuries, Skaggs's death, etc.) and I figured the team would bounce back. But the team has gotten worse. 

This honestly feels like a continuation of last season.

5 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I see why they like Sandoval. He is only 23 and he has kept the Angels in the game for almost every start he has had this season. Angels offense just loves shitting the bed giving the big "eff you" every single start.

Is keeping them in the game giving up 5 runs in 4 innings?

1 minute ago, rafibomb said:

The problem with this team is that it is turning into a neverending horrible cycle of veterans shitting the bed which causes our prospects to come up too early and shit the bed. Good organizations have the talent to keep the prospects in the farm and minor league system until they are truly ready.

Two words
Arte Moreno

1 minute ago, rafibomb said:

The problem with this team is that it is turning into a neverending horrible cycle of veterans shitting the bed which causes our prospects to come up too early and shit the bed. Good organizations have the talent to keep the prospects in the farm and minor league system until they are truly ready.

I mean this is true for Upton but I’m not sure that’s a fair description of this team. There are just some absolutely atrocious performances on display right now.

9 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I honestly didn’t think Epplers job was in jeopardy because of shortened season. I now have completely changed my mind. I think Eppler is done in Anaheim. I don’t know if he even finishes the season. 

Yes even moreso with the shortened season I thought he was going to get a mulligan barring a catastrophic disaster. This is definitely turning into a catastrophic disaster which is honestly just so numbing haha