• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020 MLB Trade Deadline Hot Stove Thread

mmc

17 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

What would the Angels equivalent of this trade look like?  

You'd have to go back in time and pick out players from multiple eras.     

You got Quantrill who at the very worst will be better than Saunders was.   
Cantillo is a ridiculously good LHP that keeps everything in the yard.  I can't even think of the last lefty SP in the system remotely in his class save for Sean Newcomb, only younger better control. 
Naylor is what -- a poor man's Kendrys? 
Owen Miller could be a poor man's Howie only with better plate discipline and less contact skills at the the same age.  He doesn't have Howie's prospect status, so maybe you comp him to Callaspo when he was here?
Hedges is a glove first catcher, but we don't even have any of those right now. lol

Cleveland front office likely broke out the whiskey and is doing victory laps in the parking lot.   Best of all, they got Clevinger for Vinny Pestano.

5 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

If this was it then I would have done it haha

I wouldn’t have. That’s a ton of controlled cheap pitching seasons for a guy who’s only eclipsed the ~120 IP mark once. Clevinger is great but the durability and off-field issues are a little much to gamble on for my tastes. 

That above quintet is also assuming Cleveland  likes Rengifo and Thaiss. Some clubs might see them as prospects still, some might see them as junk by now. They supposedly like Rengifo quite a bit. Probably need to add Adams or one of Jackson, Blakely, Paris, Vera in there too. 

A team like San Diego, with a rich farm (still after this even) and a good young core can do this trade. The Angels simply couldn’t. It would gut too much of the MLB depth and too much from the farm. Clevinger would be good here for his two full years remaining but we’d have 4A guys up the middle and rounding out the rotation. It wouldn’t work. And we wouldn’t have the prospects to deal to fix things.

Edited by totdprods

5 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

seems like this a quanity of quality trade from Clevlands side. Didn't really get a top propesct, but got a bunch of solid players, that rebutes there system, hope might be that 1 or two of them break out. 

Horseshit.   They got both quantity and quality..   Being the 7th best guy in a loaded system doesn't make a guy crappy...

Cantillo should be a top 100 guy soon enough, he's already produced what most of us are hoping Chris Rodriguez will do.    Austin Hedges was a two time top 100 guy.   Josh Naylor snuck into a top 100 list.   Cal Quantrill was a two time top 100 guy.  Gabriel Arias has made a top 100 list and he's yet to get out of High A.   

The only unheralded guy in the group is Owens and he's still, a solid bet to have a MLB career.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

I wouldn’t have. That’s a ton of controlled cheap pitching seasons for a guy who’s only eclipsed the ~120 IP mark once. Clevinger is great but the durability and off-field issues are a little much to gamble on for my tastes. 

That above quintet is also assuming Cleveland  likes Rengifo and Thaiss. Some clubs might see them as prospects still, some might see them as junk by now. They supposedly like Rengifo quite a bit.

I get ya. I'm not that worried if this whole COVD-19 thing if thatwas his "off-field" issue. Everyone is overplaying the situation. We had Josh Hamilton and his issues didn't stop us from getting him. 

Twins, Braves and others should be calling on Bundy now and Eppler should deal him if the return would be a young prospect arm. I'd even Kirilloff and then deal him or one of Marsh/Adell for that arm. 

Just now, angelsnationtalk said:

I get ya. I'm not that worried if this whole COVD-19 thing if thatwas his "off-field" issue. Everyone is overplaying the situation. We had Josh Hamilton and his issues didn't stop us from getting him. 

Twins, Braves and others should be calling on Bundy now and Eppler should deal him if the return would be a young prospect arm. I'd even Kirilloff and then deal him or one of Marsh/Adell for that arm. 

Eh...just because we got Hamilton doesn’t mean we should go about getting off-field issue guys again. And aside from the Covid thing, Mike seems to have had issue with the org once already and some other sleazy things outside of baseball. Not feeling it.

I’d take two Top 100 prospects for Bundy at this point, even if one was a OF. Just gives us depth to deal from there. The SP would have to be ready to contribute in ‘21 though. 

9 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

You'd have to go back in time and pick out players from multiple eras.     

You got Quantrill who at the very worst will be better than Saunders was.   
Cantillo is a ridiculously good LHP that keeps everything in the yard.  I can't even think of the last lefty SP in the system remotely in his class save for Sean Newcomb, only younger better control. 
Naylor is what -- a poor man's Kendrys? 
Owen Miller could be a poor man's Howie only with better plate discipline and less contact skills at the the same age.  He doesn't have Howie's prospect status, so maybe you comp him to Callaspo when he was here?
Hedges is a glove first catcher, but we don't even have any of those right now. lol

Cleveland front office likely broke out the whiskey and is doing victory laps in the parking lot.   Best of all, they got Clevinger for Vinny Pestano.

You know too much.

PS   F*^# you for the last sentence.

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Eh...just because we got Hamilton doesn’t mean we should go about getting off-field issue guys again. And aside from the Covid thing, Mike seems to have had issue with the org once already and some other sleazy things outside of baseball. Not feeling it.

I’d take two Top 100 prospects for Bundy at this point, even if one was a OF. Just gives us depth to deal from there. The SP would have to be ready to contribute in ‘21 though. 

So basically you're saying you would take a Quantrill and Cantillo for Bundy.  I know Cantillo hasn't made a top 100 list but that's pretty much where his talent level lies.   IMO, this shows you how well Cleveland made out.

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

So basically you're saying you would take a Quantrill and Cantillo for Bundy.  I know Cantillo hasn't made a top 100 list but that's pretty much where his talent level lies.   IMO, this shows you how well Cleveland made out.

I think that would be pretty accurate, yes. 

Quantrill would step into Bundy’s place in the rotation, Cantillo would ideally get some MLB action in ‘21. That’s about what I’d expect at a minimum for surrendering Bundy in a year where we’d still hope to contend.

Quantrill would ideally give you, at worst, Bundy pre-‘20 numbers, and hopefully much more, and by ‘22-‘23 both arms would be at least mid-rotation talents.

Angels would still need to supplement by adding via FA this winter or moving Goodwin/Marsh/Adams/Adell for another arm.

Edited by totdprods

If someone is willing to pay there isn’t a name I wouldn’t listen on. 

I seriously doubt that we are but Fletcher might be able to bring back a decent return. Hopefully this season opened up some eyes in the front office and they realize how far away this team truly is. 

11 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

I really wish we did an actual rebuild which Arte refuses to do.  We are now seeing teams like the Twins, Rays, A's, Padres, Braves and White Sox reaping the rewards for going this route.

Granted, this season is proof that even with Trout, Rendon, etc, we can still be so bad as to execute a proper rebuild.