• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020 MLB Trade Deadline Hot Stove Thread

mmc

It's hard for me to predict what we will do.  On the one hand, we're a ways away and I could see us not thinking it's worth it to really do much buying in what is a lost season (though this should NOT affect our desire to go after players with control).  On the other, is Eppler really likely to be back if the team finished the season in a similar spot that we're in, considering Arte is at the point where he wants to see wins, and the playoffs are expanded?  He might have to buy to save his job.

Hear me out guys, this next series might determine wether, we're buyers or sellers. But, Currently, no matter how bad we sucked, you guys might think i'm crazy, but we should be buyers at this moment. I thin we need to add a arm in the rotation and an Bp.

Out of all the list of guys that might be avaiable, the name i think would help this year and next few year is........ Drum roll........You guys will think i'm on something, but i'm serious........The name is Gerrit "Glass Arm" Richards.  Yes Richards out old friend, who is playing for the Padres. The Padres are also in a similar spot to us, the next series will determine whether they are seller or buyers. 

Why Richards"

When he's healthy and not being stupid, he has show the abaility to eat innings and be quaility 3 and at times a 2 in a rotation. If we also look at his imjry history, he's had two serious injuries. The leg and Tj.The Tj was the big, he should have just gotten it done the 1st instead of wasting 3+ years.

Why will trading him help for the next few years.

1. Should not cost much .

2. He's 33 next years (yeah old), but the stuff will be there for a few more years. therefore, he's won't looking for a big contract, i could see something similar and lower value than the Keuchel contract.

1 minute ago, greginpsca said:

He was signed to a 2 year deal before the 2019 season. So he is a expiring contract. The Pads could trade him if they don't see him resigning with them for 2021.

They also have Tatis playing at a MVP level and are looking to make the playoffs for the first time in over 10 years in what's looking like a crappy NL field outside of the top team or two in each division.  They won't be selling on Richards unless it's a deal they'd be foolish not to pull the trigger on.  It's more likely they extend him.

4 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

He was signed to a 2 year deal before the 2019 season. So he is a expiring contract. The Pads could trade him if they don't see him resigning with them for 2021.

But they are playing well so they aren’t going to trade off good players, they would be looking to add.

1 minute ago, mymerlincat said:

They also have Tatis playing at a MVP level and are looking to make the playoffs for the first time in over 10 years in what's looking like a crappy NL field outside of the top team or two in each division.  They won't be selling on Richards unless it's a deal they'd be foolish not to pull the trigger on.  It's more likely they extend him.

Just now, Stradling said:

But they are playing well so they aren’t going to trade off good players, they would be looking to add.

Thus, that could make him a trade piece.

Richards is a free agents after the season.

Regarding the Padres,  They've lost 5 straight games.  They just lost Pham for the year i beleive, just placed Yates on the Il a few days ago. These next upcoming series, before the deadline will be key. There playing Texas,  The Cheaters, The  Dipito's and the rockies.  Just like us, these next few games can easilt break/make our season. 

Bauer could also be an interesting name to go after. 

11 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Richards is a free agents after the season.

Regarding the Padres,  They've lost 5 straight games.  They just lost Pham for the year i beleive, just placed Yates on the Il a few days ago. These next upcoming series, before the deadline will be key. There playing Texas,  The Cheaters, The  Dipito's and the rockies.  Just like us, these next few games can easilt break/make our season. 

Bauer could also be an interesting name to go after. 

think it's much more likely the Reds buy as well, they clearly wanted to compete this year based off of their offseason moves, Angels have a much higher chance of getting Bauer via free agency.

49 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

think it's much more likely the Reds buy as well, they clearly wanted to compete this year based off of their offseason moves, Angels have a much higher chance of getting Bauer via free agency.

Depends on what teams offer for Bauer.

If it’s anymore than what Nibs got ($15.5 million per season), pass. 
Actually, the most I would probably offer is 4 years/$60 million.

Edited by Angel Oracle

31 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Depends on what teams offer for Bauer.

If it’s anymore than what Nibs got ($15.5 million per season), pass. 
Actually, the most I would probably offer is 4 years/$60 million.

This wouldn't even come close to getting Bauer, when he's on he can be a true #1, players like Ryu and Bumgarner got higher AAVs than that just this past free agency.

49 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

This wouldn't even come close to getting Bauer, when he's on he can be a true #1, players like Ryu and Bumgarner got higher AAVs than that just this past free agency.

How much do you believe when Bauer says he wants to go year to year and not commit to anyone long term?   Right now he's likely the biggest upside guy going into next year.