• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020 MLB Trade Deadline Hot Stove Thread

mmc

50 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Thoughts on Goodwin & Adell to Cleveland for Plesac and let's say, the 3 best arms they are willing to let go?

shit i'd do that in a heartbeat, especially if the prospects are actually prospects.

6 hours ago, mymerlincat said:

Official

Rooting for Connor Seabold. I have never met him, but I'm friends with his cousin and his dad who often attends Kings game. Connor is a huge Halos (and Ducks) fan. Seems like he does well enough in the minors but I guess for every pitcher we think are crap in the majors, they're still in the majors for a reason.

I could see the Angels getting some hits on Felix Pena and Ty Buttrey...

I saw an article on the Athletic by Jim Bowden (I know) where he - purely speculating - offered up a deal of Brandon Marsh to Toronto for SS Jordan Groshans. They’re heavy on IF prospects and need OF help. Obviously, moving Marsh for pitching makes more sense with the SS prospects we have and Fletcher and Rengifo on the club, but I thought it was an interesting thought. I wonder if something like Marsh and Goodwin for Groshans and a SP like Trent Thornton or Anthony Kay? SS prospect for the future, OF help for the Jays, and another serviceable controlled starter?

6 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

They wouldn't be selling low on Adell. His value is still sky high despite his poor start because teams aren't gonna think too much over a 60 AB sample size.

Mays did struggle at first in his rookie season (1951) in starting off 1 for 27, at the same age (20) as Adell.

Trout also struggled at the plate in 100+ at bats in 2011, also at age 20.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I could see the Angels getting some hits on Felix Pena and Ty Buttrey...

I saw an article on the Athletic by Jim Bowden (I know) where he - purely speculating - offered up a deal of Brandon Marsh to Toronto for SS Jordan Groshans. They’re heavy on IF prospects and need OF help. Obviously, moving Marsh for pitching makes more sense with the SS prospects we have and Fletcher and Rengifo on the club, but I thought it was an interesting thought. I wonder if something like Marsh and Goodwin for Groshans and a SP like Trent Thornton or Anthony Kay? SS prospect for the future, OF help for the Jays, and another serviceable controlled starter?

Hey maybe we should give our prospects to Dipoto's Mariners since Eppler didn't sign Walker when he could have via FA this winter. 🤔

Thoughts, @Lou?

The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal says the Mariners are "getting hits on potential free-agent right-hander Taijuan Walker and others."

Walker is perhaps a perfect target for contending teams, a free-agent-to-be who's pitched decently well in five starts this year for the rebuilding Mariners, posting a 4.00 ERA, 1.07 WHIP and 25/8 K/BB ratio over 27 innings of work. Health has long been the 28-year-old's bugaboo, but he's also managed to stay on the mound to this point this year. With the trade deadline set for August 31, Walker will likely have at least one more chance to impress suitors before the deadline.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Hey maybe we should give our prospects to Dipoto's Mariners since Eppler didn't sign Walker when he could have via FA this winter. 🤔

Thoughts, @Lou?

The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal says the Mariners are "getting hits on potential free-agent right-hander Taijuan Walker and others."

Walker is perhaps a perfect target for contending teams, a free-agent-to-be who's pitched decently well in five starts this year for the rebuilding Mariners, posting a 4.00 ERA, 1.07 WHIP and 25/8 K/BB ratio over 27 innings of work. Health has long been the 28-year-old's bugaboo, but he's also managed to stay on the mound to this point this year. With the trade deadline set for August 31, Walker will likely have at least one more chance to impress suitors before the deadline.

Lou will wait for Walker to have a bad game to reply, then you'll wait for him to have a good game to issue your rebuttal. 😂

5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Lou will wait for Walker to have a bad game to reply, then you'll wait for him to have a good game to issue your rebuttal. 😂

Chuck said we have to wait until the season is over to visit this subject. 

That being said, lol @ "but he's also managed to stay on the mound to this point this year."  It's been a whopping FIVE games. In a normal season, that's like applauding him for staying healthy through the middle of May.

Impressive. 

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

That being said, lol @ "but he's also managed to stay on the mound to this point this year."  It's been a whopping FIVE games. In a normal season, that's like applauding him for staying healthy through the first week of May.

Impressive. 

8 minutes ago, Lou said:

That being said, lol @ "but he's also managed to stay on the mound to this point this year."  It's been a whopping FIVE games. In a normal season, that's like applauding him for staying healthy through the middle of May.

Impressive. 

Revisit, like with an old girlfriend or tdawgs bunk

4 hours ago, Lou said:

Impressive. 

Oh trust me, I will revisit. Or should I say, bump! 

Eppler has no idea how to assemble a solid pitching staff. 

He got lucky with Bundy.