• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Favorite hot sauce?

do you guys ever have trouble with your stomachs or digestive systems? with how hot many of these sauces are, i can't imagine any part of the digestive tract having an easy go of it.

as for me, if i have anything hotter than taco bell's mild sauce, i'm in trouble.

Same. I like kick and spicy, but things like that video where the first thing out of the dudes mouth is "Instant regret".....no thanks.

I do think ones normal diet plays a role. If someone just consumes bullshit and has acid reflux issues, heartburn, or other digestive issues I can see it being an issue with hot sauces. It could just be genetics, too, but I haven't gone down that rabbit hole yet.

There does seem to be a tolerance level the same way one person can have one cocktail and feel good while someone else can have ten and be ok.

I was trying to find one for you guys this morning. It was a white dude that does these hot challenges, but he was with two black friends, and they all eat some sort of pepper. All of them had the greatest reactions and were puking everywhere. I thought one guy was going to need to go to the hospital.

22 hours ago, Tank said:

do you guys ever have trouble with your stomachs or digestive systems? with how hot many of these sauces are, i can't imagine any part of the digestive tract having an easy go of it.

as for me, if i have anything hotter than taco bell's mild sauce, i'm in trouble.

For the longest time I could put down anything with zero problems. Like an iron stomach situation. Then like a year and a half ago I got what I believe to be Norovirus (basically puked and sprayed stuff out the other end for like 10 hours, followed by another like 8 hours of horrific stomach cramps). Ever since then certain foods (including but not limited to really spicy things) cause an intense pain in my stomach that lasts for like 20 seconds then goes away. It’s freaking weird.

On the original man vs. food series the challenges that usually got the better of the host weren't the 5lb plates it was the hot challenges like when he had to eat a dozen chicken wings made with some ridiculous sauce and all he could drink was water until it was over or he tapped out.  Years ago at a sushi place we used to go to they had a dropper bottle they broke out that we used one night after too many beers and it was just not something I could imagine putting on food with any regularity.  I'm down for sauces to add taste but not interested in things that make eating unpleasant.  Probably gonna try the Aardvark sauce Angels Make Me Drink posted along with a few others recommended.      

• 1 month later...

Got the Aardvark because of mention here.....haven't cooked or used it yet, but did sample it.

Miguel's Jr. has this fiery habanero sauce that is out of this world good. Great flavor and kick.

Not sauce, but had this over the weekend during a cheese tasting type thing and find it amazing:

Habanero_Pepper_Jelly_P021616.jpg

Just finished this from a friend and it was solid:

new-photoshopped-image-no-background-555

Also tried the aardvark habanero sauce after the recommendation here.  Wasn't having luck finding it in a store and was going to order through Amazon then a Whole Foods opened locally and they carry it.  Really like it and looking to try some of the other flavors but Whole Foods only has one so far.  Says it's carried at Ralph's but haven't found it yet and will likely order at least the serrabanero through Amazon.

I love hot sauce.

Too many to mention, and lots of good ones mentioned in this thread.

I scanned through, some that may not have been mentioned but are my favorites:

1. Tapatio - solid sauce for steaks, and chicken.
2. Cholula green - great for Carnitas
3. Mrs. Renfro's Ghost Pepper - when you really want to crank up the heat
4. Texas Pete - one of my all-time favorites for 40 years. Kind of a medium sauce in-between Tabasco and Tapatio.

5409_1301_large.jpg

My favorite everyday hot sauce is Pepper Plant.  Hard to find, usually at State Brothers

00039851725398-o5x0yyRquoJw-0_s500.jpg

Great add to spice up eggs, spaghetti, bloody marys, etc.  When I get drunk sometimes I'll go to the fridge and just pour some in my mouth, and then not to be a savage I eat a tortilla chip.  I regret nothing.

• 3 weeks later...

When making wings I melt butter in a pan and sweat out some garlic, than add in tabasco to make buffalo sauce

It's not fancy but tastes less artificial than the bottled stuff, which is also good

It's not sauce but trader joe's has smoked ghost pepper which I grind on stuff when I want to burn.. probably unhealthy

• 6 months later...

Might have found the edge of insanity in an everyday easy to get form. The hot sauce at Halal Guys is probably the hottest non-special hot sauce I have ever had. It burns, I cough, it clears my sinuses, and I can drink a whole can of soda water hoping to get rid of the burn and it still sticks for a while. It's great and has a good flavor, but if you get a solid dab of that shit it has fire in there.

On 5/13/2021 at 11:11 PM, Brandon said:

Might have found the edge of insanity in an everyday easy to get form. The hot sauce at Halal Guys is probably the hottest non-special hot sauce I have ever had. It burns, I cough, it clears my sinuses, and I can drink a whole can of soda water hoping to get rid of the burn and it still sticks for a while. It's great and has a good flavor, but if you get a solid dab of that shit it has fire in there.

I eat there way too often because I love their hot sauce. I keep extra packets and put it on stuff at home.

12 hours ago, eaterfan said:

I eat there way too often because I love their hot sauce. I keep extra packets and put it on stuff at home.

I've been living literally next to one for about 6 1/2 years and never knew. A lady friend just introduced me to them and now it's probably 1-2 times a week. That hot sauce and the white sauce are amazing.

The first time I had the hot sauce I thought it was just regular hot sauce and loaded up on it. That was a moment I'll never forget. Now I have the amount and method down for the kick, but not overbearing and absurd heat. I am keeping the packets, too. It reminds me of a hotter Aardvark.